Sign in to follow this  
Gadget FPV

Any Updates from Rex Simulations?

Hi:

How's the update for Airports HD for P3Dv5?

Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

On 10/11/2020 at 3:21 PM, severniae said:

Back to topic instead of the nauseating and tedious MSFS Vs P3D banality.

1. This thread didn’t contain significant “MSFS vs P3D banality.” I went back and checked, as there are plenty of threads like that. There’s discussion by others of REX focusing on MSFS, and therefore not focusing on P3D. That’s entirely on-topic and relevant. Scepticism has been expressed about Rex’s claims about p3d versions “starting testing (insert date).” That was a long time ago. The sceptics apoear to have been correct, as nothing concrete has eventuated.

2. You claim that the thread needs to get “back to topic” due to the supposed banality of the conversation, but this conversation was long over - the thread had been dead for almost a month when you wrote that!

TL;DR your comment could have been appropriate for many threads bother here and in the MSFS forum, but doesn’t make much sense here.

I agree with the latter part of your comment, though!

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

On 9/18/2020 at 10:29 PM, aldridgem said:

I think it's recognized, at least from my viewpoint, that this also takes some courage on your behalf to respond to the forum posts here.

Seeing the thread got necroed and i’m reading it again...

I don’t think it takes any courage at all to come to a discussion thread and market your product.

I’ll admit it does take courage to come to Avsim and get combative with your customers and tell they’re “not representative”, as it’s just going to annoy them and wreck your business. So...yes... brave, I guess.

As for the straight answers many have asked for - where are they?

Wasn’t it inferred that p3d releases were imminent in August, and then again in September when this discussion was active?? It’s mid October now. 

6 months since Prepar3d v5 released, and NO products are compatible? Really?

Do we get v5 support before or after the v6 release?

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

Seeing the thread got necroed and i’m reading it again...

I don’t think it takes any courage at all to come to a discussion thread and market your product.

I’ll admit it does take courage to come to Avsim and get combative with your customers and tell they’re “not representative”, as it’s just going to annoy them and wreck your business. So...yes... brave, I guess.

As for the straight answers many have asked for - where are they?

Wasn’t it inferred that p3d releases were imminent in August, and then again in September when this discussion was active?? It’s mid October now. 

6 months since Prepar3d v5 released, and NO products are compatible? Really?

Do we get v5 support before or after the v6 release?

Hi Rob,

"Courage", "brave" it doesn't really matter the words.  What is interesting/important is the actual slience.

There seems to be plenty of activity on the MSFS front though ,but there's been no word for the last few weeks on the announced P3Dv5 updates and the testing which is a shame. No further info on the other REX updates mentioned either.

Anyway I have given up waiting for REX now.

I have decided to move my allegiance to Hifi and invest in ASCA Cloud Art. There's an active beta available for v5 which seems to be working quite nicely, so for me that's the best option going forward. I am going to give that a try.

I wont be monitoring this specific thread any more for possible updates. I have also unsubscribed from their email Newsletters.

Cheers,

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

1 hour ago, aldridgem said:

Hi Rob,

"Courage", "brave" it doesn't really matter the words.  What is interesting/important is the actual slience.

There seems to be plenty of activity on the MSFS front though ,but there's been no word for the last few weeks on the announced P3Dv5 updates and the testing which is a shame. No further info on the other REX updates mentioned either.

Anyway I have given up waiting for REX now.

I have decided to move my allegiance to Hifi and invest in ASCA Cloud Art. There's an active beta available for v5 which seems to be working quite nicely, so for me that's the best option going forward. I am going to give that a try.

I wont be monitoring this specific thread any more for possible updates. I have also unsubscribed from their email Newsletters.

Cheers,

Well, I agree excepts it's "months" rather than "weeks" that we've been waiting.

I've been a REX fan in the past, but I've also given up. This isn't FSX. If you're going to develop for P3D, you've got to commit to promptly supporting the updated point and full versions, along with hotfixes. All I hear from modern REX is marketing spin and excuses, and lately I hear nothing at all.

+1 for Active Sky also, you can expect very rapid updates for ASP3D when a new P3D version is released.

Oz

p3D v5.1 has arrived... and still nothing from REX... disgraceful... are they waiting for P3D V6.0?

Edited by Gadget FPV

Faisal Niazi

11 hours ago, Gadget FPV said:

p3D v5.1 has arrived... and still nothing from REX... disgraceful... are they waiting for P3D V6.0?

At this point, think everyone is waiting for v6

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I, like many of us have spent money on REX products, and with P3D5.1 HF1 being released, have they decided to take the money and run...

Surely they need to man-up and atleast let us know what is going on with the development...  It seems Active Sky is far more committed to their customers across all versions, but I would like to know what is happening before I bite the bullet...  I do like REX SF3D's cloud generation, as I understand the Active Sky is purely a weather engine, without any cloud art...

I am still on P3D 4.5, putting off the upgrade to Version 5, until some clarity is provided...

• Like 1

Faisal Niazi

I asked them on their discord channel, they were generally rude and offensive - and because I wasn't full of praise they banned me from posting.

They keep pointing to an announcement they made regarding P3Dv5 development, they don't seem to understand that an announcement does not a product make - I, along with many others, simply do not believe them when they say they are working on it. They need to post some form of substantive update.

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Now you know why some developers have done away with forums on there websites.

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg