Sign in to follow this  
EmaRacing

Free DLCs for premium versions?

Did they say something about it, or what's the usual behaviour of MS on this matter?

If you buy the premium deluxe version of the game, are you only going to get the added planes and airports, or you can expect free stuff in the future? (which standard version users will have to pay for)

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

If this is the case, I find it really hard to spend double the amount of the standard version for what they give you.
I mean the Cessna without G1000 is sold as an additional plane...
Am I in the wrong?

Edited by EmaRacing

GarbagePoster

Am I hearing you right? You'd already get 10 Aircraft and 10 Airports more and you still wonder if you will get further free stuff in the future?

What more do you want?

Just now, Farlis said:

Am I hearing you right? You'd already get 10 Aircraft and 10 Airports more and you still wonder if you will get further free stuff in the future?

What more do you want?

Pay double, want at least double, being digital products I expect more than double, like a T-Shirt or a cap on top of that.

• Like 2

GarbagePoster

Just now, EmaRacing said:

If this is the case, I find it really hard to spend double the amount of the standard version for what they give you.
Am I in the wrong?

I would not think so. You get 10 extra planes and 10 handcrafted airports with premium. Usually you pay 15-30$ for an addon airport, so if you do the math... 🙂

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, EmaRacing said:

Am I in the wrong?

A single airport addon easily costs $25, so with 10 airports and 10 aircraft I think it is a pretty good deal.
Besides, now that these extra airfields are in the sim in is unlikely that third parties will build another version of those any time soon, so if you want even 1 of these airports in high detail, you will have to buy the more expensive version or upgrade later.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

NO you won't get any DLC, only the specified extra aircraft and handcrafted airports. If this is worth it to you or not will largely depend on whether or not you will use those extra airports alot (do you fly often in those regions?) and whether or not you will use those extra aircraft (you may like them out of the box or you may hate them if you are very particular).

Generally speaking, if you use the extra content because you are satisfied with the quality of it, then yes, it would be well worth the money spent since buying this extra content via 3rd party would cost more (but would likely also be designed to a higher quality standard).

If you want to be careful with your money then just buy the $59 version and if you seem to be satisfied with the quality of the aircraft, and you want the extra airports because you fly in those areas then you can easily upgrade to the more expensive versions afterward, without penalty.

Edited by hangar

Maybe it's just me, that I don't really value that much the accuracy of an airport as long as the layout of the runways is correct.

I'd see myself paying that amount for 20 planes amongst which a 737, a couple of prop airliners (Q400, ATR72), a trike(no trikes in MFS and nobody noticed), some vintage/classic airliners (DC3,MD80), also a supersonic jet fighter and an old warbird. This is what a complete hangar looks like for me.

I think I'll go with the basic version and then add what's missing/wait for freeware, or maybe not, because yes it's double the price but it's also the equivalent of eating out twice at cheap-ish restaurant.

• Like 2

GarbagePoster

39 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

now that these extra airfields are in the sim in is unlikely that third parties will build another version of those any time soon,

I doubt that. It seems the workload to get the existing model files compiled for the new sim is small. ORBX already announced a few airports, including Innsbruck to be ready for release.

Which tells me that all developers who already have pre-existing scenery like Frankfurt or Amsterdam, will not hesistate to port these over for as small fee if they think their version is better than what the modelers at Asobo did.

That is my personal reason for only going wth the deluxe and not the premium version, as I expect Frankfurt and Amsterdam to be available as add-ons with better value to be available soon. And I couldn't care less about a default Dreamliner.

Edited by Farlis

12 minutes ago, EmaRacing said:

but it's also the equivalent of eating out twice at cheap-ish restaurant

For some of us this will be all too true so your idea is a good one for now, IMO. If we're so pleasantly surprised later on then we can always upgrade then. There's just no upside yet to purchasing the more expensive versions since the quality of aircraft is not completely clear.

Edited by hangar

Think of it this way:

The price of the sim was going to be 120.00, which would have been too expensive for most people so they decided to offer two less expensive versions; one for 25% less, the other for half price.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, EmaRacing said:

Did they say something about it, or what's the usual behaviour of MS on this matter?

If you buy the premium deluxe version of the game, are you only going to get the added planes and airports, or you can expect free stuff in the future? (which standard version users will have to pay for)

Do you know, what are usually prices of detailed add-on airports or planes from external developers? 🙂 . If you pay double (120 $ instead of 60 $) you will get 10 more airports and 10 more planes. So it's a 20 add-ons for 60$ only = 3$ per one detailed add-on. Does it seem expensive to you? 🙂

I can understand where the OP is coming from. With many games these days, they have the base game and then 2 other versions. One version may include an in game item and other little things. The premium version will include all of the additions from the other versions plus a “season pass”. As most of us know, this means free DLC for a set amount of time.

I haven’t seen a season pass for MSFS, so I would assume we get no free DLC. 

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

44 minutes ago, SKEWR said:

I can understand where the OP is coming from. With many games these days, they have the base game and then 2 other versions. One version may include an in game item and other little things. The premium version will include all of the additions from the other versions plus a “season pass”. As most of us know, this means free DLC for a set amount of time.

I haven’t seen a season pass for MSFS, so I would assume we get no free DLC. 

Something like that, I remember a young me buying Battlefield 3 and having to buy the expansion maps to be able to play with my friends which bought deluxe versions and got every expansion for free. With one expansion I was already at the price of the deluxe version, when other expansions came out I just ragequitted. 
I won't make the same error twice.

Edited by EmaRacing
  • Like 1

GarbagePoster