Sign in to follow this  
vcarlo

Installations Problems - No Help from Microsoft

12 hours ago, vcarlo said:

That's not what I'm referring to.  Everyone that has pre ordered has been able to click on the INSTALL/PLAY button and download a small (approx 20mb file) and then they can go to their list of APPS and see Microsoft Flight Simulator.  I am unable to do that.  Thanks for replying.

Ok, I understand what you mean now. For what it’s worth, I made my purchase via the MS Store using MS Edge and was able to download what’re files were available. It appears in my file list, I get a message that basically says the product can’t be used because it hasn’t released yet.. can’t help on your issue, sorry.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, joec63 said:

Sorry Vince, I'm currently at a loss on your issue

Here's another oddity >> Go to Settings -- Update and Security --- Troubleshoot ---Additional Troubleshooters ---Window Store Apps ---Run the Troubleshooter --- I get the ERROR CODE 0x80070483

Google this and I get >> http://www.wiki-errors.com/wiki-errors.php?wiki=0X80070483#:~:text=0X80070483 Error Codes are caused,Download (TechUtilities) Repair Tool.

I honestly don't know what to do anymore ???

WAT1460.png

Hi,

I feel your pain. I had problems connecting to the Microsoft store and turned out I had User Account Control disabled, which is required to be able to log in. If you haven't, check the following link from Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027498/microsoft-store-fix-problems-with-apps

Especially under point 7 and below--> check if the Microsoft Store app is installed on your Win10 and run the troubleshooter.  If you can't see the Store within your Win10 there's below  point 7 more links to solutions to have that checked.

Good luck!

Gert

2 minutes ago, StormChaser said:

Hi,

I feel your pain. I had problems connecting to the Microsoft store and turned out I had User Account Control disabled, which is required to be able to log in. If you haven't, check the following link from Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027498/microsoft-store-fix-problems-with-apps

Especially under point 7 and below--> check if the Microsoft Store app is installed on your Win10 and run the troubleshooter.  If you can't see the Store within your Win10 there's below  point 7 more links to solutions to have that checked.

Good luck!

Gert

We both posted at same time - as you can see my results of your suggestion just above your post 🙂

WAT1460.png

Yeah, same time lol.

Just check that link though, there's more info below.

Good luck again, hope you get it solved soonest!

Gert

30 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

Here's another oddity >> Go to Settings -- Update and Security --- Troubleshoot ---Additional Troubleshooters ---Window Store Apps ---Run the Troubleshooter --- I get the ERROR CODE 0x80070483

Google this and I get >> http://www.wiki-errors.com/wiki-errors.php?wiki=0X80070483#:~:text=0X80070483 Error Codes are caused,Download (TechUtilities) Repair Tool.

I honestly don't know what to do anymore ???

Do not click on that repair tool - That is a page made to look like Wikipedia - From that error code you may have malware on your drive. The fix is long and drawn out and I'm not sure you want to go down that road.

This is what I would do - Buy another hard drive and reinstall windows again from scratch. 

If you dont want an SSD you can get a 2TB HDD for $55

https://www.microcenter.com/product/600551/seagate-barracuda-2tb-7200rpm-sata-iii-6gb-s-35-internal-hard-drive

More info I found on MS site regarding this error: As you can see the fix may not remove the malware. That's why I suggested changing out the hard drive to be sure

Hello,

I’ve seen this issue on several different fronts, and the majority of those were virus related. The Key to resolving this is to first run a virus scanner to remove the infection. Some viruses such as rootkit viruses are a little more difficult to remove but it can be done. The viruses can leave residuals that can still cause issues, things like the inability to turn on or configure the firewall or other security applications. Once the virus is gone, work to resolve the other issues that they caused.

First thing, Scan for viruses and other malware. If you don’t currently have a virus application, try Microsoft Security Essentials here. There is also a new tool, Windows Defender Offline Beta , you download the tool, burn a CD and then boot from that CD, this tool scans for malware that loads as soon as you start your computer. See What is Windows Defender Offline Beta? to get the download.

If you don’t already have a virus application running, you can install Microsoft Security Essentials

After you scan for and remove any malware, you may still have problems caused by that malware. Here are some links to content that might help with some of those issues.

Edited by joec63

Semper Fi 

You said a MS Tech reinstalled Windows 10 Pro. How?

Was it done remotely or did he guide you through a new install with a fresh installation media, or, an old installation media?

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

I am not sure, but I feel it is somehow related to your account settings. It is strange that the powershell command you ran earlier did not solve it.

Can you try this?

2PML7ZW.png

bKzAhUJ.png

• Upvote 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

just finished phone call with MS support -- they fixed my problem - I had 2 ADMIN accounts and needed to log into my original ADMINISTRATOR - as soon as this was done- I went to MS store APP and everything worked perfect THANK SO MUCH TO ALL - maybe this will help others with same problems !! 

Edited by vcarlo
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

WAT1460.png

7 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

just finished phone call with MS support -- they fixed my problem - I had 2 ADMIN accounts and needed to log into my original ADMINISTRATOR - as soon as this was done- I went to MS store APP and everything worked perfect THANK SO MUCH TO ALL - maybe this will help others with same problems !! 

Great news!

Semper Fi 

3 hours ago, Chock said:

Yeah that is one of the big downsides of things, especially since ironically, for a computer software company, they have one of the most bloody awful, badly laid-out websites on the entire internet, perhaps only rivaled by the GUI awfulness of Adobe's website.

Bang on the mark, as usual, Alan. Well stated.

• Like 1

Since Mr. Carlo seems to be on the road to recovery, I'll pose another question here on the purchase and installation from the MS Store  rather than starting a new thread:

When I pre-ordered Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe Upgrade, I got several items show up in My library page of Microsoft Store, including "MFS:Premium Deluxe - Pre-order", "MFS", "FS Deluxe Upgrade", "FS Premium Deluxe Upgrade" and "Digital Ownership". What is Digital Ownership? It did not install properly (at time of order) as far as I can tell - apparently failed at 4%. It currently shows in My library as Ready to install. Do I install it? I'd love an explanation of how this works if anyone knows.

I also have a warning icon on "FS Deluxe Upgrade" and "FS Premium Deluxe Upgrade" that, when I hover over it says 'FS Deluxe Upgrade does not work on this device" and 'FS Premium Deluxe Upgrade does not work on this device". What the ????

Cheers!

Edited by odourboy

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

3 minutes ago, odourboy said:

When I pre-ordered Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe Upgrade, I got several items show up in My library page of Microsoft Store, including "MFS:Premium Deluxe - Pre-order", "MFS", "FS Deluxe Upgrade", "FS Premium Deluxe Upgrade" and "Digital Ownership". What is Digital Ownership? It did not install properly (at time of order) as far as I can tell - apparently failed at 4%. It currently shows in My library as Ready to install. Do I install it? I'd love an explanation of how this works if anyone knows. Cheers!

I also have that installed.. why.. no idea 🙂

• Upvote 1

Bert

7 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Since Mr. Carlo seems to be on the road to recovery, I'll pose another question here on the purchase and installation from the MS Store  rather than starting a new thread:

When I pre-ordered Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe Upgrade, I got several items show up in My library page of Microsoft Store, including "MFS:Premium Deluxe - Pre-order", "MFS", "FS Deluxe Upgrade", "FS Premium Deluxe Upgrade" and "Digital Ownership". What is Digital Ownership? It did not install properly (at time of order) as far as I can tell - apparently failed at 4%. It currently shows in My library as Ready to install. Do I install it? I'd love an explanation of how this works if anyone knows. Cheers!

Since you purchased the Premium it will show the lesser versions included in your purchase. Digital Ownership is just a distinction that will also allow you to use it on the Xbox device if you so choose if it releases there (Unknown at this time but that's the rumor) . On the 17th @ 9PM   Edit: they've changed it to Available on August 18, 2020, 12:00 AM 

Edited by joec63
  • Upvote 1

Semper Fi 

5 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I also have that installed.. why.. no idea 🙂

I added this to my post probably while you were responding Bert:

I also have a warning icon on "FS Deluxe Upgrade" and "FS Premium Deluxe Upgrade" that, when I hover over it says 'FS Deluxe Upgrade does not work on this device" and 'FS Premium Deluxe Upgrade does not work on this device". What the ????

Are you also seeing this?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)