Sign in to follow this  
vcarlo

Installations Problems - No Help from Microsoft

5 minutes ago, odourboy said:

I added this to my post probably while you were responding Bert:

I also have a warning icon on "FS Deluxe Upgrade" and "FS Premium Deluxe Upgrade" that, when I hover over it says 'FS Deluxe Upgrade does not work on this device" and 'FS Premium Deluxe Upgrade does not work on this device". What the ????

Are you also seeing this?

Luckily no, but that is because I ordered the basic package 😉

Bert

2 hours ago, vcarlo said:

just finished phone call with MS support -- they fixed my problem - I had 2 ADMIN accounts and needed to log into my original ADMINISTRATOR - as soon as this was done- I went to MS store APP and everything worked perfect THANK SO MUCH TO ALL - maybe this will help others with same problems !! 

This is the problem with the Microsoft approach in a nutshell... No other flight simulator cares about how you log into your PC.. 🙂

But MS assumes a whole bunch of things about your Windows setup, and then fumbles it when you choose to move the app to a more suitable location..  Worst of all, their support staff do not have a clue about any of this and refer you to useless MS Support documents.  So, now you know how I really feel, and we have not even launched yet  😉

So far, I have had to

1. Change the way I log into my PC

2. Move the preorder app off my C drive

3. After the 1 GB update, move my MSFS app off my C drive one more time..

4. Stay tuned to this channel..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

2 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

This is the problem with the Microsoft approach in a nutshell... No other flight simulator cares about how you log into your PC.. 🙂

But MS assumes a whole bunch of things about your Windows setup, and then fumbles it when you choose to move the app to a more suitable location..  Worst of all, their support staff do not have a clue about any of this and refer you to useless MS Support documents.  So, now you know how I really feel, and we have not even launched yet  😉

Another bang-on the mark statement re:MS Support. Well stated Bert instead of all the sycophantic rubbish re: MS I read here👍

I tried to install from Microsoft shop but I get error Code: 0x80070422.

It says Turn on Windows update.

I checked update and it is on?

Any idea how to solve this ?

thanks

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Worst of all, their support staff do not have a clue about any of this and refer you to useless MS Support documents.  So, now

EXACTLY - guess what ? My THIRD MS tech is a simmer ! 🙂 That is why the first tech - told me my MS store account was corrupted and made me re install W10.  Then the SECOND tech tried some things and told me no further help available - try MSFS community on MS online.  Third tech went straight to my accounts and saw I had one account NAMED >> ADMINISTRATOR - another account named VINCENT (PC log in) and a third account named VINCE with a MS log in with a PIN. We logged into my account named ADMINISTRATOR and bingo - there was the MS STORE under APPS.  Logged into MS Store from my APPS - went to Library and everything else went smooth.   I have now deleted my account named VINCENT and can log into ADMINISTRATOR during boot up.

Edited by vcarlo
  • Like 2

WAT1460.png

54 minutes ago, CZPILOT said:

I tried to install from Microsoft shop but I get error Code: 0x80070422.

It says Turn on Windows update.

I checked update and it is on?

Any idea how to solve this ?

thanks

Under Settings > Windows Update > Does it tell you "YOU'RE UP TO DATE" ? 

WAT1460.png

Glad you got it sorted... in the end! Thanks for sharing the details so we can avoid future issues like this..

• Like 2

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

So far, I have had to

1. Change the way I log into my PC

2. Move the preorder app off my C drive

3. After the 1 GB update, move my MSFS app off my C drive one more time..

4. Stay tuned to this channel..

This is exactly what I disliked about the pre-order from the MS Store. If they'd have said it would also launch on Steam, I never would have pre-ordered it directly from Microsoft.

Like you, I had to change how I log in (I never wanted to link my MS account to my PC). Then I had to change my default drive for ALL apps, instead of being given a choice for this one, which means it has put Windows rubbish on my new M.2 SSD, including program files folders.

The moment it was announced on Steam, I cancelled my pre-order and purchased it there instead. Only, now I'm left with nonsense directories and, potentially, Windows files on my SSD, which it won't let me remove because I have to be an administrator. Never mind the fact I am, because it's my personal computer and, oh yes, it literally says I'm the administrator next to my user account.

Talk about a mess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, March Hare said:

which it won't let me remove because I have to be an administrator. Never mind the fact I am, because it's my personal computer and, oh yes, it literally says I'm the administrator next to my user account.

But you aren't the "Super Administrator". 

See: https://www.iseepassword.com/blog/activate-super-administrator-account-in-windows-10/#:~:text= Read below to know the method in,for the Super-Administrator account type the... More

Why Super-Administrator Account Remains Hidden?

The Super-Administrator account unlike the main Admin account is created by blank password. That means if it were not hidden, anybody could have access to your system with admin privileges as there is no password protection to hinder the unknown user.

Thus it is by default made hidden so that any stranger cannot use your system with admin privileges, until it is activated with password to ensure safety.

Now; here in this article, we would demonstrate you few methods to enable this super-admin account. Keep reading to know the tricks to activate your Super-Administrator account in Window 10.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator