Sign in to follow this  
d25bev

The London problem..

Are all the football stadiums in London and elsewhere modelled? I trust  the home of the English, European and World champions is modelled.

For non-football fans that will be Anfield in the great city of Liverpool. Fed up seeing that stadium 30 miles to the east modelled in all versions of FSX and P3D.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I think it goes without saying that there are a collection of settlements that are considered 'World Cities'. We can agree or disagree on which ones should make the list, but cannot claim that such cities are not held in a higher regard.

In previous iterations of Flight Simulator, certain cities were given the POI treatment and London is one of them (sorry @Chock). These were due to size and / or interesting architecture (or just because some of them were in the USA).

Because of this, there is an expectation to see World Cities like Sydney, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Moscow or Bangkok given more than just a procedurally drawn cityscape with a scattering of just a few POIs.

Let's hope that 'World Update Series Episodes' shows that updates to cities are in the pipeline.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

6 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Here is a hint: The world doesn't revolve around London!

Nay!  It revolves around Greenwich.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

For non-football fans that will be Anfield in the great city of Liverpool. Fed up seeing that stadium 30 miles to the east modelled in all versions of FSX and P3D.

Take heart, Ray in the fact that the Etihad Stadium was not modelled in those sims... :tongue: 

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

4 hours ago, shawty1984 said:

But who are you to state what hobby someone should have based on their income?

It’s not based on income.  It’s based on the expense of the hobby, and how often purchases become moot with sim changes.  This isn’t for the risk averse.

who are you to tell me I can’t make sardonic observances about the hobby?  I can and will.

30 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

It’s not based on income.  It’s based on the expense of the hobby, and how often purchases become moot with sim changes.  This isn’t for the risk averse.

who are you to tell me I can’t make sardonic observances about the hobby?  I can and will.

Of course it can be based on income. Someone can have a hobby and be a millionaire. Someone can have the same hobby but be on minimum wage who has to watch what they spend. 

I'm me telling you that you shouldn't be telling people that this isn't for them simply based on their income. 

57 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

Of course it can be based on income. Someone can have a hobby and be a millionaire. Someone can have the same hobby but be on minimum wage who has to watch what they spend. 

I'm me telling you that you shouldn't be telling people that this isn't for them simply based on their income. 

Why are you advising folks on minimum wage to spend hundreds/thousands of dollars on flight sim addons?  My post was meant to be a shared joke amongst fellow hobbyists who have likely had such amounts of purchases go redundant already, and my humor was targeting the cheap, not the poor.  If those without means choose to follow this hobby, it is their business, but it seems to me that you are being very very irresponsible in urging them to spend their rent money on pretend scenery.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HighBypass said:

Take heart, Ray in the fact that the Etihad Stadium was not modelled in those sims... :tongue: 

I found it odd that OT was the only stadium modelled in those sims in the NW. Of course the Etihad was the former stadium built for the 2002 Commonwealth Games. Someone at OT must have offered a bung to Microsoft / LM. 🤣

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

29 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

Why are you advising folks on minimum wage to spend hundreds/thousands of dollars on flight sim addons?  My post was meant to be a shared joke amongst fellow hobbyists who have likely had such amounts of purchases go redundant already, and my humor was targeting the cheap, not the poor.  If those without means choose to follow this hobby, it is their business, but it seems to me that you are being very very irresponsible in urging them to spend their rent money on pretend scenery.

I haven't stated any such thing. You've just totally made that up. I was pulling you up on suggesting that this wasn't for them based on the 8 dollar comment. 

We now pause for a bit of humour:

How do you make a Kerryman laugh on a Monday morning?

Tell him a joke on Friday evening!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

49 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

I haven't stated any such thing. You've just totally made that up. I was pulling you up on suggesting that this wasn't for them based on the 8 dollar comment. 

It is annoying when someone automatically just assumes you mean the worst possible thing.  I’m sure I have an example of it happening to me, when I remember what it was, I’ll let you know.

It is also annoying when a pointless argument drags on endlessly in a once interesting thread. Can you please take it to PM?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

This is not that interesting of a thread. It's about London after all.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

57 minutes ago, Slides said:

This is not that interesting of a thread. It's about London after all.

I see you're based in America. Lots of Americans visit the UK and London and love it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I see you're based in America. Lots of Americans visit the UK and London and love it.

It was just a friendly dig

• Like 2

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub