Sign in to follow this  
Shug

100 Hours to go!

My plan:

Friday - Visit the bank and pay off my mortgage, leaving me totally debt-free, allowing for all my funds to pay for MSFS add-ons!

Saturday - Make the last few flights in P3D.

Sunday - De-commission the P3D PC and place it in exile in the storage cupboard with all the other old PCs and their simulators that I'll never fly again (don't know why I've never got round to sending them to the computer recycling centre).

Monday - Set up the new MSFS PC and the other new toys I've bought for it. At midnight, press the big button and wait for fulfilment - could take a while....! 

Tuesday - Spend the entire day exploring the whole new flight simulator world :-)

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

Yeah I would hit that power button on the Brand New PC, ASAP. And hook everything up to make sure it works, all the toys and such! BTW, I'll meet you at the bank Friday to take your mortgage payment 🙂

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

6 hours ago, Shug said:

Tuesday - Spend the entire day exploring the whole new flight simulator world 🙂

There is a possibility that you will be spending the day on Avsim waiting for the game to download and install.

• Like 3

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

6 hours ago, Shug said:

Visit the bank and pay off my mortgage

Not sure if this was only meant as tongue in cheek but if you were serious then congrats, man!

• Like 1

Ok, now let me share something totally uninteresting with you, but this is how I plan:

• Monday at 1800: Eat, rest, enjoy avsim, watch youtube
  • 18.01: test to see if I can download the sim
  • 21.00: Say hello and goodbye to all my friends
  • 21.30: (I dont have many friends) Test to see if I can download the sim
  • 22.00: Test again
  • 22.30: Continously trying to download the sim
  • 23.01: Download finally started! Heart racing! 
  • 23.02: Heart sinking. Download speed at 500kbps...
  • 02.30: Download completed after restarting 3 times
  • 02.31: I hear that fantastic FS music as the intro starts to play. Goose bumps! 
  • Taking the day off work, and doing an all-nighter in MSFS
  • 16.00: oh so tired, want to sleep, but I MUST see that city over there oh my gawd..! Look at that!!
  • Like 2

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Imagine the horror if he presses the start button on his new PC, and absolutely nothing happens! :laugh:

• Like 5

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

9 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

16.00: oh so tired, want to sleep, but I MUST see that city over there oh my gawd..! Look at that!!

16:00:10 wha? offensive initials not allowed?! my house looks like utter *hit! This game *ucks! I want my money back, MS!!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Imagine the horror if he presses the start button on his new PC, and absolutely nothing happens! :laugh:

I have taken precautions, Christopher, and powered it up and done the pre-order download. Just need to move it into its position in the sim-pit and connect the rudder pedals and yoke (which is un-boxed but still has the plastic wrap on). I think, at worst, might just have to fly with keyboard and mouse. Well, worst could be that MSFS fails to install!

• Upvote 1

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

6 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Ok, now let me share something totally uninteresting with you, but this is how I plan:

• 21.00: Say hello and goodbye to all my friends
  • 21.30: (I don't have many friends) Test to see if I can download the sim

Save half an hour - group text. Or just put hello and goodbye on your social media platform of choice!😄

Edited by 109Sqn
  • Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)