Sign in to follow this  
Wobbie

MSFS

15 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

I agree completely that the OFFICIAL title from Microsoft is MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR.  In our AVSIM world where many users are still accessing the MS flight simulators from 2006 and 2004 (also known as FS9 and FSX), it is  VERY rational to label the NEW simulator something different than Microsoft Flight Simulator to clearly distinguish the difference.  Maybe that's why AVISM has named 3 different forums here to help users know how to get help and participate in the proper community.

I still think, that nobody needs using something different, than an official name of MSFS. Because there is no previous version of simulator with the same name "Microsoft Flight Simulator". All previous version has an different own name, so there is no possibility to confuse it with a new MSFS 🙂 .

2 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

I still think, that nobody needs using something different, than an official name of MSFS. Because there is no previous version of simulator with the same name "Microsoft Flight Simulator". All previous version has an different own name, so there is no possibility to confuse it with a new MSFS 🙂 .

There is also no possibility of confusing previous versions of Flight Simulator with FS2020, as no other version was released in the year 2020. Other than this version, FS2020.

Just now, ludekbrno said:

Not too sure where the naming FS2020 & FS20 comes from. FS2020 is the short name for Aerofly's Flight Simulator, & FS20 is the short form of Farm Simulator. 

ludekrruno .. maybe start calling it FS-AUG? No other version has been released in August yet?

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I see the Reddit meme about you was true, Wobbie

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

In one of the official videos it was called FS2020.  Wobbie knows this.  It's interesting the extremes he goes to in order to dismiss it.

Wobbie?  Do your stuff.  Amuse us.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

18 minutes ago, RobotRock said:

If you are so easily triggered by FS2020, you have some personal problems you should figure out.

No, I think, that some personal problem (maybe with their memory or eyes? 🙂 ) must have people, who can't remember and use so easy and short official name MSFS and they must create some others 🙂 . And by the way, do you know, that there is other program called FS20? 😉 Yes, it's the Farming Simulator 20. So it's a good reason to use an official name for MSFS.

Edited by ludekbrno

Just now, LHookins said:

In one of the official videos it was called FS2020.  Wobbie knows this.  It's interesting the extremes he goes to in order to dismiss it.

Wobbie?  Do your stuff.  Amuse us.

Hook

Hook, yes, in a single official video it was called FS2020, so that Avsimmers who were possibly confused, would know that they are talking about the new sim, & not any other.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Just now, ludekbrno said:

No, I think, that some personal problem (maybe with their memory? 🙂 ) must have people, who can't remember and use so easy and short official name and must create some others 🙂 . And by the way, do you know, that there is other program called FS20? 😉 Yes, it's the Farming Simulator 20. So it's a good reason to use an official name for MSFS.

The only "personal problem" around here are the couple of users, apparently yourself included, who are so triggered by the use of FS2020 that they have to dedicate threads and posts constantly complaining about the use of FS2020. It's a "personal problem" that you believe everyone must use the terminology that you decree to be correct.

Oh, and Farm Simulator? Don't make me laugh. That product doesn't even belong in the same paragraph as this legendary PC franchise that dates back to the '80s. You're reaching reeeaaalllly low there.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Not too sure where the naming FS2020 & FS20 comes from. FS2020 is the short name for Aerofly's Flight Simulator, & FS20 is the short form of Farm Simulator. 

ludekrruno .. maybe start calling it FS-AUG? No other version has been released in August yet?

FS2020 comes from this being the 2020 version of FS. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RobotRock said:

Oh, and Farm Simulator? Don't make me laugh. That product doesn't even belong in the same paragraph as this legendary PC franchise that dates back to the '80s.

What, you never played Sim Farm? 😄 

It was funny when the cows broke out of the fence.

Hook

Larry Hookins

4 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

so that Avsimmers who were possibly confused

The only Avsimmer who was confused is the one I'm replying to right now. 😄 

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

2 minutes ago, RobotRock said:

FS2020 comes from this being the 2020 version of FS. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

And what flight simulator from 2020 do you writing about?

Asobo 2k20

1 minute ago, LHookins said:

The only Avsimmer who was confused is the one I'm replying to right now. 😄 

Hook

Amen.

Shaking my head to that poster, and hope he recovers from whatever unfortunate condition he's in.

• Like 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

4 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

And what flight simulator from 2020 do you writing about?

The brand-new Flight Simulator from Microsoft and Asobo that releases on August 18, 2020.

EDIT: Since I ran out of posts for the day, to everyone insisting this can only be called MSFS, well, here you go:

fs1-pc-front.jpg

Edited by RobotRock
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RobotRock said:

The brand-new Flight Simulator from Microsoft and Asobo that releases on August 18, 2020.

Ah you mean FS2020, I'm very excited about that

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB