Sign in to follow this  
EmaRacing

Price differences between countries are unfair!

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

The problem I have with this, that this a digital product that is being distributed digitally.

I just noticed how the lower wages countries in your list have the highest prices.🤣
And Germany and Switzerland the lowest

I buy my pipe tobacco and cigars in Switzerland or Spain when I'm near there, I wish I could do the same with this.
It's not for the money in itself, it's more like a challenge.

Edited by n4gix
Removed unnecessary long quote!

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

9 minutes ago, EmaRacing said:

I just noticed how the lower wages countries in your list have the highest prices

Well what can I say? These countries are constantly in debt and think they can make up for it by rasing sales taxes. 24% sales tax in Greece is just insane. Even the reduced rate on groceries is almost twice as high as the german rate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Well what can I say? These countries are constantly in debt and think they can make up for it by rasing sales taxes. 24% sales tax in Greece is just insane. Even the reduced rate on groceries is almost twice as high as the german rate.

It's the only kind of tax that can't be evaded, if you live in the country.
They raised all the other taxes, scaring away businesses and rich people who can easily avoid them.
You would guess governments know about Laffer's curve, looks like they don't. 

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

2 hours ago, dave2013 said:

The average sales tax in the U.S. is 8%, in Europe it is 20% or more.

Dave

That depends on the country. Eg. in Switzerland it‘s 7.7%.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

3 hours ago, Shack95 said:

That depends on the country. Eg. in Switzerland it‘s 7.7%.

And only 2.5% on groceries. Still groceries are way more expensive than in Germany.

What does that tell us?

Germans don't value their food enough.

Edited by Farlis

I found out MSFS is cheaper in NZ than in Australia. This is rare - generally most things are cheaper in Australia due to economies of scale etc...

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

Be glad you don't live in Sweden, our taxes are 25%, but it evens out when you need to visit health care and give your children education.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Complain to Microsoft - I'm sure they will lend a sympathetic ear.

David Porrett

4 hours ago, Shug said:

I found out MSFS is cheaper in NZ than in Australia. This is rare - generally most things are cheaper in Australia due to economies of scale etc...

I buy all my PC hardware from NZ, I live in AU. I save 20% if i do it this way. And 99% time it`s at my door within 24 hrs(Pre Covid). So i`m curious how you buy in AU cheaper than NZ, When the exchange rate is always AU>!

tpewpb-6.png

13 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

They charge VAT at an apparent average rate of 16.66% (it should be 20% in France 🤬). In the US, prices are always labelled without tax.

Yep. $128.09 for me through Steam. 

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

2 minutes ago, RW1 said:

I buy all my PC hardware from NZ, I live in AU. I save 20% if i do it this way. And 99% time it`s at my door within 24 hrs(Pre Covid). So i`m curious how you buy in AU cheaper than NZ, When the exchange rate is always AU>!

Well I used to often fly to AU prior to Covid, and noticed food and clothing was cheaper in stores (Coles, Kmart) than NZ. But having said that, I like an Aussie beer, Coopers Stout, which was definitely more expensive in AU, than in my local supermarket.

• Like 1

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

42bc405d-604a-43e1-9074-57ec6a37e574.gif42bc405d-604a-43e1-9074-57ec6a37e574.gif
42bc405d-604a-43e1-9074-57ec6a37e574.gif
Microsoft Flight Simulator: Premium Deluxe - Preorder
( Xbox Game Studios )
Quantity 1
Available: Tuesday, August 18, 2020
$119.99

42bc405d-604a-43e1-9074-57ec6a37e574.gif
Subtotal $119.99
Tax $10.68
Total $130.67

13 hours ago, Chock said:

This was already discussed some while ago, but discussing it doesn't alter the reality of the situation...

Whilst 70 Euros in one country might not go as far as it does in another owing to variations in the cost of living throughout the world, to the retailer 70 Euros is the same amount whether gathered from Germany or Lithuania. It might seem unfair if you are in a country where this puts you on the rough end of the deal, but it's not the responsibility of Microsoft or Asobo to sort out the economy of a country, or determine whether there is sales tax, import duties or whatever in one country but not another.

Beyond this, if I produce tin boxes in France, and each one costs three Euros each to make, it doesn't matter where in the world I'm selling them, they all still cost me three Euros each to make, so I'll have to charge people four Euros for them everywhere, if I want to make a profit. The fact that four Euros will get you a square meal in one place, but won't even buy you a cheeseburger in another, has no bearing on the manufacturing three Euro cost of making a tin box in France. So if you wanted one of my tin boxes, it'd cost you four Euros.

That's the top and bottom of the situation. It's not fair, but that's down to the world economy and not MS or Asobo, and that's the way it is. Welcome to Earth.

Actually it is...  Microsoft sells their game in less fortunate countries for cheaper (sometimes much cheaper) than say"first world" countries... And they're not the only ones. Practically all games on steam,  Nintendo, MS/Xbox, Greenmangaming, Epic Games, Blizzard, etc, all do.

Only Sony is inconsiderate 🤣

11 hours ago, EmaRacing said:

Long term it's going to cost more than buying.

If you just get in for this game, maybe. Otherwise, it's a steal for the content you get...

$159.99 CAD

$159.99 CAD

Subtotal

$159.99 CAD

Tax

$20.80 CAD

Total

$180.79 CAD

Payment

$180.79 CAD

Payment sent to billing@microsoft.com

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11