Sign in to follow this  
teenflon5

Somewhat disappointed - Still a Beta game

Just now, Slides said:

Like i said you don't understand the YouTuber and streaming community. They're not doing official reviews. Your issue is not with MSFS but with gaming culture and media. That's fine but you're behind the times. 

I don't care about gaming "culture" whatever that means. Just because something is apparently fashionable does not make it wonderful. The vast majority of those videos were a YT opportunity to get clicks in return for endless second hand marketing. Understanding that is so is not "behind the times". It is an intelligent recognition of what is going on.

• Like 4

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

2 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

It's pretty clear at this point that Asobo was overwhelmed with this project and the agressive release timing. The beta period was a joke, and basically all of the bugs are in final. Thank Microsoft.

I don't really care tbh. I've had nothing but issues since 1.4.3 alpha and the way they've handled this whole process was a complete and utter joke. I did not buy retail and will wait until it's fixed and ready to use and enjoy, as currently it's far from it and I've mentioned it on these forums multiple times. Enjoy folks!

• Upvote 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

2 minutes ago, robert young said:

I don't care about gaming "culture" whatever that means. Just because something is apparently fashionable does not make it wonderful. The vast majority of those videos were a YT opportunity to get clicks in return for endless second hand marketing. Understanding that is so is not "behind the times". It is an intelligent recognition of what is going on.

Do you understand how businesses work? Or sales? You realize MSFS is an entertainment product right? A game?

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

2 minutes ago, robert young said:

No more than you do.

I mean the reviews are already in and you're not happy with what they had to say. 

• Upvote 1

Annoying, EHRD is in the game, even pretty nice, but I found it just to fly over it.

I do not understand why this airport can't be found via the regular menu......

I do havethe same problem with other airports, quite nice modelled, but not to be found via the menu

4 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I don't really care tbh. I've had nothing but issues since 1.4.3 alpha and the way they've handled this whole process was a complete and utter joke. I did not buy retail and will wait until it's fixed and ready to use and enjoy, as currently it's far from it and I've mentioned it on these forums multiple times. Enjoy folks!

I'm enjoying it loads. Thanks for being a alpha tester.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JRBarrett said:

In the simulated (and real) TBM, there is an autopilot master switch in the overhead console that must be turned on for the autopilot to function. This is not the standard autopilot engage/disengage switch. The overhead switch is turned on before takeoff, and turned off after landing. 

Beautiful.  Exactly what I needed.  Thanks for that.  I'll check it out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slides said:

You realize MSFS is an entertainment product right? A game?

Oh no you didn't!! 😲

😂😂😂

Edited by snglecoil
  • Upvote 1

Chris

Just now, Slides said:

Do you understand how businesses work? Or sales? You realize MSFS is an entertainment product right? A game?

I have absolutely no understanding of how businesses work, having run one for only 25 years. I'm sure you know better.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Why anyone would consider YouTubers to be the end-all-be-all for simulation reviews is beyond me.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Colonel X said:

I think autopilot is a per-plane thing in terms of how well it works. In the 320 Neo, it certainly doesn't work without risking hundreds of virtual lifes with every push of a button.

I completely disagree with this. Just did a short test flight from KSEA to KGEG with the 320NEO, and the autopilot worked great. Tried managed nav, selected nav, managed speed, selected speed,and selected altitude modes, and they all worked fine for me. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, robert young said:

I have absolutely no understanding of how businesses work, having run one for only 25 years. I'm sure you know better.

You sure are working hard to make us believe you don't.

13 minutes ago, Slides said:

I would rather someone reviewed any software who is 1) reasonably intelligent 2) is not swayed by marketing 3) has no vested interest, or the minimum vested interest 4) Has no discernable agenda based on prior preference or bias towards a competing product 5) is not blind to obvious flaws that need to be observed 6) is not influenced by any statement made by anyone else but can make his or her mind up 7) And most important is a torch bearer for the rejection of group think or fear to express through fear of disapproval

Wow. That must make it a chore to purchase software. I personally don't believe that there is one person alive that checks all those boxes. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, badger2000 said:

First attempt at a 'proper' flight for 

The ATC was a bit of a shambles.  More often than not there was no sound from the ATC, nor my response but every now and then it worked OK but very rarely.  When flying near to airport's ATC would (in silence) constantly ask me to contact a different frequency, and then back again and then back again until I was far enough away to just stick with 

You need to install the US English voice pack in Windows like it mentioned on the installation screen.