Sign in to follow this  
teenflon5

Somewhat disappointed - Still a Beta game

2 minutes ago, Agrajag said:

What we really seriously need is an official reporting means to submit all these oddities and for Asobo to have a resource (or likely resources) focused solely on cleaning these up.

To be fair: It handles differences between tiles really well, but clouds are something it doesn't like too much.

They should probably just fall back to offline scenery in such cases.

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Such a disappointment. Weather not working. Numerous crashes. Using X1 to OC video card crashed until pulled settings way back. Not recognizing CH yoke and pedals (are you kidding me?!)

Just shameful.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

1 hour ago, F1le said:

It is beta, randomly crashes, autopilot is a joke and I was hyped their A320 is more or less 75% of FSLab (how dumb I was) which is I assume max 20%. Anyway, this game is giving us a great zero base, great for VFRs, weak for IFRs, but it'll improve.

Why is it ‘weak for IFR’? The GA planes don’t have VOR’s or ADF? Or the GPS function is weak?

3 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

Why is it ‘weak for IFR’? The GA planes don’t have VOR’s or ADF? Or the GPS function is weak?

Autopilot across all aircraft has been bugged since alpha, be it unable to maintain steady course or altitude, or outright failure to operate at all. Granted you could hand fly IFR but that's not really standard practice?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F1le said:

If you love VFR - you can uninstall P3D

If you love IFR - you can uninstall FS2020

To me I find this strange. The way some have described the weather depiction being the most realistic, that should make the sim ideal for IFR flying. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Hatty said:

Autopilot across all aircraft has been bugged since alpha, be it unable to maintain steady course or altitude, or outright failure to operate at all. Granted you could hand fly IFR but that's not really standard practice?

It would be less boring to hand fly I suppose. And some smaller regional airplanes in the past never had autopilots.  I knew some Metro pilots that daily flew 2 hours across a ocean with no a/p. And never wanted one either.   

Although nice to have functioning autopilots. So I see your point. 

Having a perfect simulator on release date is unrealistic. How many versions of P3D and Xplane are there? MSFS 2020 is the future. The task of simulating planes, weather, cities and terrain is monumental. 

Edited by Huascar
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Flyfaster said:

Such a disappointment. Weather not working. Numerous crashes. Using X1 to OC video card crashed until pulled settings way back. Not recognizing CH yoke and pedals (are you kidding me?!)

I haven't seen the weather not working. What's going on there? I have had two crashes. I also agree with you about the CH products. It really lays bare a core problem with the approach here. The first people that got the alpha were clearly all at the very pinnacle of the industry with the very best gear money could buy. Then the beta appears to have been just a step down. The result shows in the lack of one of the most widely-owned peripherals for this community are not fully supported (at least not easily). I still don't know what's going on with my rudder pedals. I spent an inordinate about of time trying to set my pedals and quadrant up as the interface for doing it is a mystery. 

Does anyone KNOW what the right-hand box is for when setting up devices under Controls??? I keep looking for examples where this is used but can't find one. Is it just to allow two things to do the same task or is it an X to Y sort of thing? As I said elsewhere, my pedals (under Sensitivity) show something I've never seen in any other sim: As I apply the toe break the little ball goes from the top of the curve/line to the bottom and when I reach halfway on the actual pedal it then climbs back up the curve/line. What the hell? How is the sim translating this? I have no idea, but I've now rolled off three runways. 

• Like 2

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

11 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

Or the GPS function is weak?

GPS implementation across all planes is extremely limited at this time. It is passable as long as you don't deviate from the flight plan you loaded in with.Deviate from that plan and...well that's where things fall apart quickly.

• Like 1

Chris

7 minutes ago, Huascar said:

MSFS 2020 is the future.

What a phenomenal new platform as a starting point.  Performance is fabulous vis a vis LOD and realism.  It's got a ways to go to get anywhere P3D in terms of complexity and user control, but as I say as a new starting point it's phenomenal I think.  Anyone know how to get an unobstructed forward view, and top-down view?  I just played around with it for an hour after install, trying to learn how to setup controllers etc.  But these two I missed.  There is a lot of learning to do for me for this new sim.  My guess is I'll spend more time with P3D still and dabble in the new platform now and again, monitoring its progress over time, and learning more as I go.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

23 minutes ago, Flyfaster said:

Not recognizing CH yoke and pedals (are you kidding me?!)

You are right, CH is not recognized natively, but there is nothing to keep from configuring them in the user interface. 

• Upvote 1

Chris

I'll give you one other one that I haven't seen anyone mention: The initial load time. That one is just crazily unacceptable.

- 24 seconds, on average, after clicking the shortcut to show ANYTHING. Seriously? You sit there wondering if it's even aware you started it. Just throw up a simple start screen. 

- Do us a favor and if we have to endure four logos, show them during the 24 seconds of nothing. 

- I'm averaging three minutes to get to the starting menu. Why? What the heck is loading at that point? I haven't decided where to go or what to fly. Just load a start screen and then load whatever's going on in the background while I'm looking around.

- Related to this is the time it takes to just quit. Why do I have to go back to a menu (and the long wait) just to quit? Let me just jump out to my desktop while sitting on the ground.

Again, I'm still psyched by what's to come and this is a fantastic foundation. We just need to see some meat added to the bone.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

10 minutes ago, Agrajag said:

I'll give you one other one that I haven't seen anyone mention: The initial load time. That one is just crazily unacceptable.

- 24 seconds, on average, after clicking the shortcut to show ANYTHING. Seriously? You sit there wondering if it's even aware you started it. Just throw up a simple start screen. 

- Do us a favor and if we have to endure four logos, show them during the 24 seconds of nothing. 

- I'm averaging three minutes to get to the starting menu. Why? What the heck is loading at that point? I haven't decided where to go or what to fly. Just load a start screen and then load whatever's going on in the background while I'm looking around.

- Related to this is the time it takes to just quit. Why do I have to go back to a menu (and the long wait) just to quit? Let me just jump out to my desktop while sitting on the ground.

Again, I'm still psyched by what's to come and this is a fantastic foundation. We just need to see some meat added to the bone.

One of my biggest complaints of an otherwise awesome sim. The horrific load times. RIP anyone installing this on an HDD. It’s horrifically slow to load on an SSD.

Edited by Azapata87