Sign in to follow this  
teenflon5

Somewhat disappointed - Still a Beta game

8 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

You are right, CH is not recognized natively, but there is nothing to keep from configuring them in the user interface. 

Actually there is! Have you tried doing it? Confusing as hell and beyond tedious.After spending $119 on this, it is reprehensible they didn't have these mapped natively. Come on. And this is from someone who has owned every iteration of this since inception, and couldn't wait for this to release. Had intended to buy a new top of the line gaming rig just to run it!

Really hoping someone can come up with a mapping file or they issue a patch. Did anyone notice how many 'patches' are in the initial install? Was amazed to see file after file of patches.

Edited by Flyfaster

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

3 minutes ago, Azapata87 said:

One of my biggest complaints of an otherwise awesome sim. The horrific load times. RIP anyone installing this on an HDD. It’s horrifically slow to load on an SSD.

Between the load times and CH not functioning, after a whole day with this have not been able to fly anything even once! So far use the 'AI' for takeoff, and then AP to control the flight (after falling asleep waiting for the flight to load). So much for landing....  lol

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

1 hour ago, Mr. Hatty said:

Autopilot across all aircraft has been bugged since alpha, be it unable to maintain steady course or altitude, or outright failure to operate at all. Granted you could hand fly IFR but that's not really standard practice?

Although I've only had one flight so far just to check it out, I found the A320 autopilot to work fine in all the modes I tried:  selected nav, managed nav, selected altitude, selected speed, and managed speed. No problem maintaining either a steady heading, altitude, or changes in either. Even flew a STAR that ATC gave me upon arrival at my destination. At this point, I don't understand the complaint that you can't do IFR well in this sim.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Azapata87 said:

One of my biggest complaints of an otherwise awesome sim. The horrific load times. RIP anyone installing this on an HDD. It’s horrifically slow to load on an SSD.

As someone who has an average of 7 minutes overall load times in P3D, I take those 3 minutes. 😉

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Donstim said:

Although I've only had one flight so far just to check it out, I found the A320 autopilot to work fine in all the modes I tried:  selected nav, managed nav, selected altitude, selected speed, and managed speed. No problem maintaining either a steady heading, altitude, or changes in either. Even flew a STAR that ATC gave me upon arrival at my destination. At this point, I don't understand the complaint that you can't do IFR well in this sim.

Ah, the "its working fine for me" reply, all the while ignoring the mounting number of posts stating the opposite.

Tried multiplayer for the first time. Very fun. Not for "serious simmers" who look down on bad piloting but fun for those with an open mind.

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

1 minute ago, Slides said:

Tried multiplayer for the first time. Very fun. Not for "serious simmers" who look down on bad piloting but fun for those with an open mind.

Agreed. I knocked it before trying it but it turned out to be fun seeing other people out there. It actually added to the "realism". 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Agrajag said:

24 seconds, on average, after clicking the shortcut to show ANYTHING.

I agree. The joys of using Windows Apps as the launcher. I find them to be slow often. But the menu inside can also be laggy. 

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

1 hour ago, Flyfaster said:

Not recognizing CH yoke and pedals (are you kidding me?!)

Look in the "Tips and Tricks" forum for details on how to configure the CH Pro Yoke and Pedals. I finally had the penny drop and figured out how to do it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I've been playing all day and came on different social media sites seeing the mess thats going on today.  I guess i should consider myself lucky to not have issues.  Yeah its some bugs here and there but overall i'm enjoying it.  

That being said, from what i'm seeing from the community today, it saddens me and I don't see this ending well unless Microsoft starts to listen and fix these issues.  I know its the first day, but looking at the reviews on MS and Steam....this is not looking good lol Austin, this is your time to shine with a new x plane lol

12 minutes ago, Farlis said:

As someone who has an average of 7 minutes overall load times in P3D, I take those 3 minutes. 😉

To clarify, I believe that's 7 minutes to load once you've set up your flight, correct? This is 3 minutes just to get into the main menu. It's been a while since I used P3D, but I don't recall it taking minutes just to get to the main menu.

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

4 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Look in the "Tips and Tricks" forum for details on how to configure the CH Pro Yoke and Pedals. I finally had the penny drop and figured out how to do it.

THANK YOU! Greatly appreciated. 

• Upvote 1

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

Just now, Agrajag said:

To clarify, I believe that's 7 minutes to load once you've set up your flight, correct?

About 7 minutes total on average. Half on start up and the other half after selecting the flight in the menu. Often initial load can take even longer.

I have to softly agree that had I not had 26+ years experience, I would have been way beyond frustrated at the UI and small issues such as my yoke and pedals having no pre-configured settings. 

So far I'm managed two short flights testing out my bindings from my 'home airport' KGYY to KPAW and return.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator