Sign in to follow this  
HC1Gunner

(14) HOurs Later and No FS

Thousands of people are have the same issue of not being able to run  FS. I have the same issue as many, it hangs on the "Press any key to Start". At this point I think Ms store has issues, (2) client installs from the ms store, the game (shows 990.1 MB) and digital content 10 MB). Install pops up stating 127 GB of drive space required, plenty of room on my C-drive, so I hit install, applet windows disappears, and there is no sign of an install anywhere. I estimate with my connection that a file download requiring 127 GB if drive space would take a good (2) hours, wherein as mine only takes 30 seconds

I even went through the nightmare of update Win 10 to v2004, still the game has the same install issue.

1. I unplugged all peripherals from my PC.

2. Disable Windows firewall, disable my AV.

3. Multiple restarts and Cold Boots.

Twenty years as an IT Professional, I tried about every trick I can think of. I still believe for whatever reason I'm not getting a full install of the game, confirmed by checking my free / used pace for my C-drive before and after install of FS.

90 minutes on the phone with Ms support, they haven't a single clue of what there are doing, no-knowledge tech reading from a script on is screen. 

• Like 1

I know this may sound silly after what you have experienced . Did you try a mouse click. I thought I read someone had the same issue and it worked instead of the "press any key"

Semper Fi 

I feel your pain, I am 10 hours in to trying to download it and I'm hitting barrier after barrier, very close to getting it refunded.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I may be sounding juvenile but it's a lot like eagerly waiting months for Christmas - expecting a pony only to find a bag of coal.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I had the same problem. What worked for me was "uninstalling" MFS entirely (getting rid of the registry entries as well as the so-called installer package.

I then went to the MS Store and downloaded Premium Deluxe from scratch. One hour and four minutes later, the program now runs.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

8 hours ago, HC1Gunner said:

This not shown in the game requirements, and nothing prompted me for it in the Ms Store. I finally got past the "Press any key to start", and I'm now downloading a (95.15 GB) file to complete my install.

The Fix for me, Xbox Beta app (PC) has to be installed!

https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9MV0B5HZVK9Z

I had the same issues.  I need the xbox app.

thanks 

14ppkc-6.png

After numerous attempts at install its finally downloading !,  I'm in my 11th hr of downloading 😡,ridiculous in my opinion,13GB to go, if it does not install I will be requesting a refund and revisit this in a year when all the bugs are gone.

I had no issues with the download, but the game crashes to desktop everytime I try to run it. It looks for updates for a minute or two, then just closes.

I deleted everything, did the download agoain and still have the same issues. I then spent hours trying all the possible fixes I could see online.

I will have to wait for Microsoft to fix the issue. I can see online that it am far from alone with this problem.

Calum Watt

15 minutes ago, CorvettePilot said:

After numerous attempts at install its finally downloading !,  I'm in my 11th hr of downloading 😡,ridiculous in my opinion,13GB to go, if it does not install I will be requesting a refund and revisit this in a year when all the bugs are gone.

My largest "once off" download ever! Took approximately 14 hours. Don't give up. My download was successful and MSFS is up and running.

• Like 2

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

I had the same problem. What worked for me was "uninstalling" MFS entirely (getting rid of the registry entries as well as the so-called installer package.

I then went to the MS Store and downloaded Premium Deluxe from scratch. One hour and four minutes later, the program now runs.

n4gix, I can't even get the basic download to begin after pre-ordering the Premier version!

😣From 5am till now, still downloading.  Very unreasonable process.  This standard of getting software to the masses is poorly lacking.  I bet those with CD's are up in running in a fraction on the time.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, Chuck Dreier said:

n4gix, I can't even get the basic download to begin after pre-ordering the Premier version!

It can be a bit confusing, but I started my download by going to the Microsoft Store and selecting MSFS in the store. Then after pressing "play", the installation commenced.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

3 minutes ago, Dillon said:

😣From 5am till now, still downloading.  Very unreasonable process.  This standard of getting software to the masses is poorly lacking.  I bet those with CD's are up in running in a fraction on the time.

Cds aren't any better. I don't even have a CD player anymore lol

4 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

It can be a bit confusing, but I started my download by going to the Microsoft Store and selecting MSFS in the store. Then after pressing "play", the installation commenced.

As I do that all that happens is there's a error in the download!

Edited by Chuck Dreier