Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Joystick Controller Shortage

All, my trusty x52 Hotas is dying. Decided to replace it and I’ll be darned if I can find anything, Logitech, Saitek (now Logitech) or Thrustmaster. All majors (Best Buy, new egg, Amazon) report Out of Stock and seem to be only selling used devices. 

That’s my experience at least. Anyone know of a vendor who still has some in stock?

TIA,

-Braun

VKB Gladiator. Or Virpil. That's where the real quality stuff is nowadays. 

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=gladiator-nxt

Edited by Slides

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

On 8/18/2020 at 2:12 PM, btacon said:

All, my trusty x52 Hotas is dying. Decided to replace it and I’ll be darned if I can find anything, Logitech, Saitek (now Logitech) or Thrustmaster. All majors (Best Buy, new egg, Amazon) report Out of Stock and seem to be only selling used devices. 

That’s my experience at least. Anyone know of a vendor who still has some in stock?

TIA,

-Braun

Let me know if you find anything.  I just went looking as well and was about to ask this exact question.  My X52 still works functionally though requires some serious deadzone "trim" in the calibration screen.  It's an original from 2004 when they were released if you can believe it.  I hadn't used it in a few years now (other games took over priority) though it's been plugged in this whole time. 

I went to pull it out into position on my desk from its home in the back corner Monday night while waiting for the new MS Flightsim to install and noticed the black texture on the main stick was all sticky/breaking down and ended up stripping it off with alcohol while I waiting for the download/install to finish.  It's usable but feels cheap/plasticy now so definitely time for an upgrade. 

Debating between an X56 (the logitech one with the gray logos) or one of the yoke/rudder/throttle setups finally.  As you noticed though, everything is out of stock ugh 😞

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

I noticed this too. I don't have anything fancy, just a Thrustmaster T-16000 HOTAS that I've mostly been using to play Star Citizen and some FSX till MSFS 2020 came about. Today I got curious about how much an inexpensive set of companion pedals might run and was amazed at the dearth of stock out there. I'm kind of secretly hoping maybe the manufacturers might unveil some new stuff. The TM line, for one, seems to be getting sort of long in the tooth and I'm sick to death of looking at this gaudy orange on my stick and throttle.😀 I need some RGB to go with this fancy new sim!

Check Amazon. Looks like there is a good amount of Thrustmaster, logitech, and other brands on there. I got my Hotas X/T-Rudder pedals on there for a good price. It's holding me over until I get my Logitech(Saitek) G pro yoke and throttle.

Zounds, OP is right they are disappearing.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

On 8/18/2020 at 5:12 PM, btacon said:

TIA,

-Braun

Braun - Send me a PM. I may have a deal for you on an x52.....Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

A number of manufacturers are having problems sourcing parts or raw materials right now with Covid. Labor is an issue, Covid has shut down factories. Logistics has be overwhelmed causing shipping delays. Then we all want the stuff when supply chains are taxed. 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 7:42 PM, Camsdad13 said:

A number of manufacturers are having problems sourcing parts or raw materials right now with Covid. Labor is an issue, Covid has shut down factories. Logistics has be overwhelmed causing shipping delays. Then we all want the stuff when supply chains are taxed. 

Exactly!  Between natural disasters and COVID-19, we are seeing short supplies of just about everything.  With limited supply and healthy demand, prices for available items will naturally be higher than normal.  Basic economics.

Edited by stans
  • Like 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

This is nuts. A week or so ago, I saw some new TM pedals come onto Amazon with a promised shipping date in October and scoffed. They were 127 bucks. Turns out I should have jumped on them when I saw them. Already out of stock by later in the day. Now E-bay and Amazon both have people asking two to two and a half times or more than they were for these items. People are paying it too. Just crazy!

Edited by Sky_Dancer