Sign in to follow this  
Agrajag

How to Fix Alpha Yoke Heading Bug

1 minute ago, snglecoil said:

On the Honeycomb specifically, it would be any of the toggle switches or any position on the magneto switch. If you are 100% sure that you don’t have any commands bound to any position of those switches (each toggle switch = 2 buttons, magneto has 4) then I don’t know what else would may be causing it for you specifically. Any other controller connected that may have a toggle type switch or a button the defaults to the “on” state when you look in the Windows 10 game controller setup utility?

Understood you they are in use, what a strange problem

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Just now, Jetman67 said:

Understood you they are in use, what a strange problem

Right?! And it was reported in test. I understand they couldn’t fix everything, but this one is kinda big to let slide. 

Chris

I have no Honeycomb and have this annoying only-10-degree-HDG on the G1000 as well. Cant turn the wheel in 1 degree with my mouse wheel.

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

17 minutes ago, Paladin2005 said:

I have no Honeycomb and have this annoying only-10-degree-HDG on the G1000 as well. Cant turn the wheel in 1 degree with my mouse wheel.

How many peripherals do you have plugged in? You can try disconnecting each one until you identify which one is responsible and then drill down the bindings on it until you find which ones are responsible. 

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

WarBRD with Warthog Stick

Warthog Throttle

MFG Crosswind Pedals

Saitel Trim Wheel

Saitek Throttle Quadrant.

Im going to make a complete new button assignment to find it out.

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

Here's what I would do. I would remove every one of them, but the mouse of course, to prove the issue doesn't exist. Make sure (sadly) that you restart the sim each time doing this. Then plug in the first device. See if the issue is there. Yes? Start drilling. No? Good. Check that off, leave the sim, plug in the next device and reload. Repeat.

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

11 hours ago, n4gix said:

The trim wheel on the yoke is a mechanical control that simply moves the zero point of the elevator pitch. It is a crude and rather useless attempt from back in the days when the sim(s) didn't have separate elevator trim tab command events.

But it does work very well in FSX, P3D, and X-Plane 11. (I think you may be referring to the zero-point adjuster on the body of the original CH yoke, which is NOT a trim wheel, and which is also provided on the CH Eclipse. In addition to this zero-point adjuster wheel, the Eclipse has horizontal and vertical trim wheels on the front of the yoke handle. I haven't tried the horizontal wheel in FS2020, but trim movement in response to the elevator trim wheel is extremely slow, making the control useless in the sim.)

Edited by Muklum
Clarification

This solution worked for me at first. I started my flight and could change all of the gauges in 1º increments. But after a couple of minutes it reverted again to the 10º jumps. Shame.

I had to unbind every toggle switch and the magneto knob on my Honeycomb yoke to fix the heading/course increment bug.  This also reduced the trim speed for me.  

Edited by rjack1282

Ryan

45 minutes ago, rjack1282 said:

I had to unbind every toggle switch and the magneto knob on my Honeycomb yoke to fix the heading/course increment bug.  This also reduced the trim speed for me. 

That's useful to know, but I'm not prepared to go that far. The yoke and its switches behave correctly in every other sim I've tried, so I shouldn't have to cripple it to get it to play nicely with FS2020. And what new problems are going to be found when the Honeycomb throttle quadrant becomes available? I do hope they get the problem fixed, because I think FS2020 has a lot to offer, but for the present I'd rather have the full use of my current hardware.

hello, i have the same problem with my mecanic autopilot QGMC710 assign key , the  move is only 10°to10° i think its bug from msf2020 now with need to patched for.

if you click on left mouse is 1°to1°

no possybility to assign key

and i search were find CRS1 CRS2

and Replace hdg to the same cap of plane assign key is bug too for me, the same cap dont work.

2 hours ago, rjack1282 said:

having all these buttons is great...that is the point of the yoke aside from its incredible axis feel. I say everyone open a ticket with Zen..I did after I bought my yoke. Its something that needs to be addressed. We shouldnt have to remove functionality from a 250 dollar yoke just so MSFT heading and course indicators move in 1 degree increments. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Muklum said:

I think you may be referring to the zero-point adjuster on the body of the original CH yoke, which is NOT a trim wheel, and which is also provided on the CH Eclipse. In addition to this zero-point adjuster wheel, the Eclipse has horizontal and vertical trim wheels on the front of the yoke handle. I haven't tried the horizontal wheel in FS2020, but trim movement in response to the elevator trim wheel is extremely slow, making the control useless in the sim.)

You are correct. I had forgotten that the Eclipse has those 'wheels' rather than the gray rocker switches that are on the CH Pro Yoke. Those rockers work pretty well for both elevator trim and rudder trim. They are however slower than in FSX/P3D mainly because MSFS doesn't have 'control acceleration' -- the longer held down the faster the response.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

3 hours ago, rjack1282 said:

I had a Honeycomb Yoke several months ago but sadly returned it as the amount of force required to move the yoke was too much for my weak hands.

I suspect however that when assigned the 'ignition key' is constantly sending commands to the sim (known in FSX/P3D as an XML "flooding event". This is caused by not checking to see the state of an event before sending the command. As a result a constant stream of commands (such as Both) preventing other commands (such as HDG/CRS) being interpreted properly and resuting in 10º increments rather than 1º increments.

Possibly FSUIPC's "Logging" facility would reveal whether this is the case or not.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm narrowing it down, but if you goto the preset manager and copy your Honeycom profile to a Testing profile and clear all assignments from the yoke all the bug headings work normally in 1º increments., so something in the assignments with the Honeycomb is faulty. I'll keep testing.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD