Sign in to follow this  
dva238

Give us the old slew mode back!

6 minutes ago, dva238 said:

The drone is slow.  I'd like for it to go highway speeds and be trackable via third party apps like FSFollow.

You can set the speed of the drone to go really fast in the UI for it.

I got the hang of this now.   Now, if I had a GPS available for the drone camera.

For one that comes here to ask, there are 1000 who just leave a 1 star review because they didn't even bother to check if their complaint is legit.

• Like 1

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

On 8/19/2020 at 8:11 AM, andrecarli737 said:

Slew mode is there, what are you talking about?

The slew is way to fast to position aircraft for example at a gate or in a hanger. I also could not assign slew mode to my yoke or rudder pedals

On 8/19/2020 at 8:13 AM, Sethos said:

Press Y, just like in the old Flight Simulators and you have a carbon copy of the old slew mode system... 

Its not the same at all. Way to fast and cant assign to yoke or rudder pedals

On 8/19/2020 at 8:19 AM, awf said:

The mode is there "Y" see in the keyboard section what keys are default assigned...

That alone doesn't do it.

Yeah I asigned Y and it goes to dlew mode and then I have no clue how to assign my yoke Aileron to move Left and right and to asign  elevator axis to move forward and back and to assign my Yaw axis to turn on its axis right and left.

How do we do that?

Edited to add: OK I  figured it out. got the old Slew movements back. Thank you! 🙂

assign Tristate move forward and backward and then assign Translate move left and Translate Move back etc...  The numlock + numeric keyboard also works the movement when in slew mode

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

WOW... I understand now why did not give us the old commands. This new one has tons more...except we or I have not scratched the surface as yet...Lots to  learn... We could do with an encyclopedia for this. 

The thing I don't have is, when I am in slew mode, I can't set camera or view settings like.. I cannot zoom in or our using my mouse  nor does my hat switch function like it does in external view mode. Any ideas how I can make that happen? I am thinking I cannot ...since I do not see those under Camera-Slew mode.

Edited by Manny
  • Like 1

Manny

I'm finding slew very jerky and stuttery, even in areas where normal flying is completely smooth and absent of anything that could clutter up the CPU or GPU. Anyone else experiencing this?

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

On Further investigation and watching this video

I learned about Drone! WOW! Awesome.. Now, I have setup my Joystick to inspect all my add on airports.

Amazing!

Now I need to figure how to "permanently" increase the Drone speed without having to do it each time I I start the sim on a new flight.

Edited by Manny
  • Like 2

Manny

That video explained the "FILTER" for the key bindings. Select "ALL", not "ASSIGNED". jeez so easy. Now i see all the possible key bindings and mapped my yoke and rudder pedals to slews and works great now, Finally able to put my Cessna in the hanger at ORCAs island!!!

Edited by Falconflyer

On 10/18/2020 at 4:43 PM, Manny said:

Now I need to figure how to "permanently" increase the Drone speed without having to do it each time I I start the sim on a new flight.

I wanted this too but I think there is no way to do it. Always have to increase the drone speed in the cameras menu.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

On 8/19/2020 at 6:28 AM, Michael Moe said:

I never used Slewmode really. What have i missed ?

Drone is for landscape exploring but slew ?

I used to use an xbox controller with Chaseplane worldcamera (as drone)

My PMDG/FSL doesnt like it

Michael Moe

Slew mode, in my opinion, is perfect for quickly setting up landings.

The rule of thumb I was taught is height = distance x 3,.. e.g. 4,500' high for 10 miles out is set up for a good straight in approach.

Anyways, one first thing I did was remove all keybindings from the function keys (because I have flaps, mixture, prop, throttle etc all mapped on other controllers anyways). 

I remapped keyboard F1, F2, etc. for slewing: up, down, right, left, in, out, yaw right, left, bank right, left. 10 function keys to place a  plane quickly anywhere else while watching the result live on little NAV MAP. 

LNM has a compass rings on the map around the users airplane to show heading. And also the rings are labeled for miles distance which changes as you zoom LNM. Outside MSFS view shows height. I can easily put a plane anywhere in space very quickly.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

8 hours ago, Fielder said:

Slew mode, in my opinion, is perfect for quickly setting up landings.

The rule of thumb I was taught is height = distance x 3,.. e.g. 4,500' high for 10 miles out is set up for a good straight in approach.

Anyways, one first thing I did was remove all keybindings from the function keys (because I have flaps, mixture, prop, throttle etc all mapped on other controllers anyways). 

I remapped keyboard F1, F2, etc. for slewing: up, down, right, left, in, out, yaw right, left, bank right, left. 10 function keys to place a  plane quickly anywhere else while watching the result live on little NAV MAP. 

LNM has a compass rings on the map around the users airplane to show heading. And also the rings are labeled for miles distance which changes as you zoom LNM. Outside MSFS view shows height. I can easily put a plane anywhere in space very quickly.

Thanks but what about flightplan,engines,etc when putting aircraft out of slew?. Does go bananas here

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 hour ago, yanfeng12342000 said:

Can anyone forgive my ignorance and educate me what slew mode is?

You can move your plane in slew mode. Very handy if you are stuck and can't turn while taxiing, for example. 🙂 Bind slew axes to the joystick axes and you can place the plane very precisely wherever you want.