Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Pilot2ATC

Installing Pilot2ATC to work with MSFS 2020

That's quite common in the more complex aircraft because of the way the avionics are implemented. GA aircraft are more likely to have battery and avionics switches that interact with SIMConnect/FSUIPC.

Glad you found the issue.

Dave

I can attest to similar behavior with the A320 (modified) and MSFS2020 and P2ATC. The Avionics must be ignored no matter what I do proceduraly; however, if I use the AutoStart functionality in MSFS20, then the PWR lights green.

Maybe it's something in the aircraft that Asobo hasn't detailed as part of the simconnect?

Thanks for all you do Dave, been happily using P2ATC now for a few years.

On 9/3/2020 at 9:17 AM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

P2A does not change the squawk code.  I guess MSFS could be changing it and the radios.  If you have MSFS ATC turned on, a lot of that is automated.  You need to turn off their ATC completely.

As for connecting, you need to have the battery master and avionics master turned on.  If power still doesn't turn green, check the options in P2A config to ignore battery and avionics switches.

Dave

Dave,

I made a flight this AM and all was fine with the CONNECT turning green. I then restarted a flight, and even rebooted my pc, and this time I when I hit CONNECT the radios come alive but the CONNECT button does not turn GREEN and it stills says connect. Unsuccessful I departed without my P2A but tried again once airborne and it DID connect this time. As solid as P2A is I can only think the issue is with MSFS. 

On a SIDE NOTE: Is it possible to divert from a filed plan via the REQUEST listing? If I choose DIRECT TO will ATC interpret this as a Change in FLIGHT PLAN and Vector me accordingly? If not, this would be an incredibly useful feature.

As always, thanks for all you do for us!

MrScott

1 hour ago, MrScotte said:

I made a flight this AM and all was fine with the CONNECT turning green. I then restarted a flight, and even rebooted my pc, and this time I when I hit CONNECT the radios come alive but the CONNECT button does not turn GREEN and it stills says connect. Unsuccessful I departed without my P2A but tried again once airborne and it DID connect this time. As solid as P2A is I can only think the issue is with MSFS. 

I had this a few times over the last couple days, but pressing it to disconnect and connect again usually made it get back in sync.   It was weird, because it almost half connected....

I am on a WideFS setup.

Janet Virtual Airline

MSFS2020 / XPlane
i9-9900K, 1070Ti, 32GB Ram, Honeycomb Alpha

Ran P2ATC day before yesterday in MSFS 2020 and it worked great!  Program will not start since yesterday.  I start MSFS 2020 first, load plane on airport, start FSUIPC7 and then start P2ATC, shows percentages loading and once it gets to 100% program shows up on taskbar as a white screen but clicking on it does nothing and it won't show up in MSFS 2020.  Emailed Dave yesterday but haven't heard back.  HELP!  TIA

Sounds like the program is starting on a phantom screen.  To remedy this:

1)    After starting Pilot2ATC, Hover over the icon on the Taskbar
2)    A larger thumbnail of the program should show
3)    Right-click that larger thumbnail
4)    Select Move
5)    Hold down the Right Arrow key on the keyboard until the program comes into view
6)    If that doesn’t work, hold down the left arrow
7)    Once the window is in view, use the mouse to move it to the desired location.
😎  Shut down Pilot2ATC so the location will be remembered.

Hello sorry for my ignorance
but it is possible to switch the flight plan on the plane
if yes can you help me
thank you

Edited by gauciolr

Export the flight plan from P2A to the P3Dv4/MSFS .pln plan type. 

On the MSFS Flight Planning page, at the very bottom in the center, there is a button/link to Load flight plans.  Press this button, then press the subsequent Load button. 

That will open a browse folder dialog where you can point to the exported flight plan and load it into MSFS.

On 9/11/2020 at 11:11 PM, gauciolr said:

Hello sorry for my ignorance
but it is possible to switch the flight plan on the plane
if yes can you help me
thank you

Not sure if this is what you are asking but it's not possible to load a .PLN once you get to the aircraft cockpit. You can manual enter one via the Gx00 though. If you try to load a saved .FLT file from the ESC menu then it crashes the sim for me.

Edited by Andydigital

Cheers, Andy.

Can anyone confirm if a networked install works? Some people say simconnect over a network works, some people say it doesn't.

9 minutes ago, DocPadds said:

Works great with Wideclient and  FSUIPC7Beta

What version of wideclient are you using?

On 9/16/2020 at 7:52 PM, DocPadds said:

Works great with Wideclient and  FSUIPC7Beta

Hello DocPadds

Nice to hear that it works great for you! Could you perhaps be so kind and write down in here a short step by step installation guide? That would be very helpful for us!

Thanks in Advance!

Hi guys!  

I have merged the USA and Canada voices into one folder.  I want to be able to use the other regions for when I fly outside of north America etc.   I cant seem to figure out how to do this?