Sign in to follow this  
antonvs

How good is Multi Player - REALLY GOOD

Here is a link to a flight I did today with Shug
New Zealand - Taipape NZVR to Fielding NZFI via Rangitikei River
43Nm

Dropbox link

This was a first time MP for both of us and it is pretty word not allowed easy to set up and get going. A whole new world and experience awaits
Two points
- there is no keyboard mapping that I can see for PTT (push to talk) which I was hoping for so we could have plane to plane comms via COM radios
- Multi player planes do not seem to show on either the VFR map or on LNM, wonder if this is just an option that needs selecting.

Edited by antonvs
  • Like 1

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

Yeah it's great just done heaps today

• Like 1

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

flying with my friend down the NJ Shore. Great experience and nice that you can't crash. had a few visibility issues at distance, his tag would vanish but he could still see mine and vice-versa a few times. Up close though no problems

1hhysgp.jpg

• Like 7

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

Screenshots from our second flight from Queenstown (NZQN) to Milford Sound (NZMF)

One great feature we didn’t notice until our second flight is that when you are up close you can see the control surfaces of the other person’s plane deflecting and when their lights come on etc.

Also the person hosting the group flight (as we were in our own group) has control over the Weather which if changed (after a small lag) changes the other pilots weather as well.

Just amazing detail. Love it.

Edited by antonvs
  • Like 2

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

I wonder what is shown if the other player has an aircraft that you don't have (e.g. payware). To be verified.

Just now, Emerson67 said:

I wonder what is shown if the other player has an aircraft that you don't have (e.g. payware). To be verified.

Good question, that might be a bit harder. I would guess that at best a generic “look alike” may be substitued.

I'm utterly amazed by how smooth other planes are, honestly hard to believe they're other until they do something silly like trying to take off a jet at Saba or the like, whoever did the netcode needs a raise.

god i was so happy when i could actually see the other ac where they actually are and not sinking into the ground . I was at  opa locka KOPF today headed for the bahamas and there was 6 other people fortunately we all respected each others on take off . THE VISIBILITY OF OTHER TRAFFIC IN THE AIR NEAR  IS EXELENTTTTT . 

Edited by rtodepart

Image removed as image is no longer available.

1 hour ago, Emerson67 said:

It renders a default if you do not have that payware.

• Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

I did have a few issues doing multiplayer in a group while on the “all players” setting. When I’d load up in this mode with a friend in a group, we would be invisible to each other. 

It's a lot of fun, would be unreal if we could talk to each other

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

21 minutes ago, Jetman67 said:

It's a lot of fun, would be unreal if we could talk to each other

Just use discord or some other voice chat program. My friends and I have spent hours flying around the world with each other chatting and laughing the whole way on discord (which we use for all of our gaming). 

4 minutes ago, Dermot McClusky said:

Just use discord or some other voice chat program. My friends and I have spent hours flying around the world with each other chatting and laughing the whole way on discord (which we use for all of our gaming). 

That's totally awesome

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

4 hours ago, antonvs said:

Screenshots from our second flight from Queenstown (NZQN) to Milford Sound (NZMF)

One great feature we didn’t notice until our second flight is that when you are up close you can see the control surfaces of the other person’s plane deflecting and when their lights come on etc.

Also the person hosting the group flight (as we were in our own group) has control over the Weather which if changed (after a small lag) changes the other pilots weather as well.

Just amazing detail. Love it.

NZ looks beautiful...

I really have to go there sometime. But wait - I have MSFS and can go there and enjoy the "Kodak moment places" right now 🙂

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and Intel 665P SSD for games

2 hours ago, FlyingInACessna said:

I did have a few issues doing multiplayer in a group while on the “all players” setting. When I’d load up in this mode with a friend in a group, we would be invisible to each other. 

You have to make sure you are all on the same server