Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Beautiful waters and shorelines, but missing one thing

And that's convincing white water waves that crash into the shores. When flying around islands such as Hawaii, the overall scenery is gorgeous but when you look down at the shorelines, it's definitely killing the immersion without the white water waves. I really hope either MS/Asobo can add this in or a 3rd party developer can work their magic to fill in the gap to recreate realistic looking coastlines/shorelines in the sim.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I agree. I also hoped for some tropical waters with reef visible, those light blue lagoons etc.

I still hope it will come later.

• Like 1

Pawel Dragan

Poland, Gdansk

It actually doesn’t have beautiful water/coastlines - as per other threads, Asobo marketed it as having this, but then released it with very basic water masking. They’ve indicated that they will look at this in the future.

The water itself is OK, but i’m underwhelmed, I cranked the winds up to 50 knots last night just to try and get some decent swells.

As for shore waves, they would be nice if they were done well. P3Dv5 has breakers, but they’re absolutely ridiculous - i’ve discovered that bad shore waves are much worse than no waves! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

True, either way this needs to be added. Water seems much calmer than they are. The built in weather system with the winds need to be tweaked more so that the waves can show more activity then what's currently being portrayed in the sim. There's very little to no movement even with decent winds/gusts.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Some sea traffic would be good as well.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Yes, thank you!! I've been doing VFR trips checking out my local surf spots that I hit up weekly, and international places (like Kauai) where I've surfed a ton! It's a shame that there are no breaking waves and white water animated. The waves that are simulated do look good in fairness, but they're not convincing for certain locations, especially shorebreak beaches! 

• Like 1

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

5 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Some sea traffic would be good as well.

+100000, would love to see the Global Ship Traffic addon that we had for P3D in the new MFS! The waters are looking for empty and needs some life to them.

33 minutes ago, captain420 said:

+100000, would love to see the Global Ship Traffic addon that we had for P3D in the new MFS! The waters are looking for empty and needs some life to them.

On a positive note: i flew out of YPKA last night (middle of nowhere, mainly just rocks) and was impressed that there was an LNG tanker sitting there. Woodside has a gas train there, so there’s a fair few of these ships coming and going. How did Asobo know to place industry-specific ships? It’s just a static model, but i was really pleased to see it there. Good work, Azure AI!

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."