Sign in to follow this  
ajaybala

This is a sightseeing sim!

3 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Some poeople, including me, would actually find it funny to fly around and see glitches. I remember doing that back in the beginning of fsx. Finding big holes in the earth etc, or some black tower going up to high heaven. 
😄

Sounds like you need a trip to MSFS Greenland.

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

At the moment the best use of sim is backcountry flying - slow and low!

• Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

9 hours ago, Chock said:

This is a sightseeing sim! - Yes, but unfortunately it's supposed to be a flight sim, and that it's not quite so good at doing at the moment.

I do love low and slow, so happy with that aspect of the sim. IFR, I do try to avoid controlled airspace as much as posiable. I follow roads and rivers. So glad I finally found your interesting Youtube channel, I will add it to my aver growing list. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

eager to reach Pompeii and Mount Vesuvio

The island of Montserrat in the Caribbean had a volcanic eruption in the 90's, destroying a town.  It has been called a modern day Vesuvius. It might be worth a visit.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

28 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

I’m pretty sure he knows they don’t speak Australian in Africa, too...

I once spent almost an hour on a border post in Arabia to explain that my wife is from Austria and not from Australia. These misconceptions are more common than we may think.

Hans

5 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

I was nearby when Sanjay G  killed himself... Memories. What have they done with the real estate ? 

Airport for private/executive aircraft.

• Like 1

Colonel,Indian Army.

My rig : z370  i9 9900k RTX 3090 MSI, 32 gb Ram, m2 nvme 1tb, sata ssd 1tb, 4tb hdd, 850watt smps antek bronze

my sims : DCS world, IL2 Battle of kuban, Stalingrad , MSFS, P3D 5.1, X-plane, Elite dangerous, Star citizen

On 8/21/2020 at 10:14 AM, SierraHotel said:

You've obviously never spent much time in P3D or X-Plane, yeah it's funny about the blue skies, everytime I look out of my window I see the same old blue or Orange or Red (depending on the time of day) reality can be a B***H!

Well yes it's still better than P3D. In fact I switch off autogen in P3D. It is truly awful and kills FPS.

But I would like to see the building algorithm to include a degree of random colours.

Hopefully it will be tweaked with time.

Oh, and for anyone who really thinks that I think Venice is in Spain ......  Google "Humour" ... and 'Derek and Clive' .... the "I don't speak a word of Belgian' sketch....... You'll thank me 🥴 😂

...... and anyone who knows what I'm referring to, also knows I'm REALLY showing my age !

Edited by Gabe777

I think that FS2020, at this point in time, is a game rather than a sim. Hopefully it will become more serious.

Some of the planes don't even work correctly.

What I really don't like is the fact that it is limited to 60 fps. Does anyone know how to get past the 60 limit?

@McPlane would you even be able to notice if the sim went to 100 fps from 60? I would not have thought that 60 frames per second only is an issue.. :unsure: Or even 40 fps

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Exactly. Even if you are lucky enough to get over 60 ... Why ?

Lock it at 60 and keep some headroom ....and temps down.

Get VFR Explorer from rksoftware for easy sightseeing. A must have for sightseeing MSFS2020..

Edited by rksoftware