Sign in to follow this  
Wesley_Snipez064

Losing my mind trying to fix stuttering, boys

Hello boys, 

I have an ok pc with a i7 7700k (HT on, no OC), rx 480 8gb and 16gb ram. No matter what settings I have, even every slider to the left, I get a constant stutter every couuple seconds for one second or so. It makes it really hard to enjoy the sim. I have tried everything I can think of , updated drivers, turned off all online settings and rolling cache , no vsync, game mode on/off, making a manual cache and flying in that region etc I'm on the latest windows and drivers. 

God Bless folks 

Sorry, had to fix your title a bit!  I am assuming your Sim is stuttering, and not any lads near you!:blink:

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

are you using any apps that connects to the sim using simconnect ?

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

37 minutes ago, Wesley_Snipez064 said:

Hello boys, 

I have an ok pc with a i7 7700k (HT on, no OC), rx 480 8gb and 16gb ram. No matter what settings I have, even every slider to the left, I get a constant stutter every couuple seconds for one second or so. It makes it really hard to enjoy the sim. I have tried everything I can think of , updated drivers, turned off all online settings and rolling cache , no vsync, game mode on/off, making a manual cache and flying in that region etc I'm on the latest windows and drivers. 

God Bless folks 

This is a little out there but try something crazy for me.. Start a flight then Alt-Enter so it goes to windowed mode, followed by ctrl+alt+del and bring up the task manager. Do your stutters go away if you set the focus to task manager with FS in the background? It sounds dumb but someone on the MSFS forum said he noticed they went away if he set the focus to task manager. Then look in task manager and make sure nothing else is using the CPU.

This lead me to discover a process (lightingservice.exe) was running and taxing the CPU. I ended it and my stutters that you are describing went away!

Edited by reignman40
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

29 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

This is a little out there but try something crazy for me.. Start a flight then Alt-Enter so it goes to windowed mode, followed by ctrl+alt+del and bring up the task manager. Do your stutters go away if you set the focus to task manager with FS in the background? It sounds dumb but someone on the MSFS forum said he noticed they went away if he set the focus to task manager. Then look in task manager and make sure nothing else is using the CPU.

This lead me to discover a process (lightingservice.exe) was running and taxing the CPU. I ended it and my stutters that you are describing went away!

I don't notice any improvement when the focus is on my other monitor nor is anything running in the background unfortunately 

Do you use AV have you excluded MSFS exe from your AV.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Try turning off caching if you have it on.

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Sometimes my sim does the same, VERY hard to culprint.
Its like a specific settings that does this.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

1 hour ago, Wesley_Snipez064 said:

Hello boys, 

God Bless folks 

Worth a try? Can’t possibly get worse. 😛

https://reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/idmdqq/update_msfs_2020_stuttering_when_window_focused/

• Like 1

Sounds like a network or hardware polling issue. Maybe temporarily disable various hardware parts and see if it fixes things?