Sign in to follow this  
AnkH

Liveries never show up...

I must be blind, stupid or both of them, but I do not get those custom liveries working in my MSFS. Could it be that installing MSFS in a fully customized location might interfere with installation of custom liveries?

I tried putting them into the folder I have all my stuff including the three ORBX sceneries (they work): D:\MSFS_Temp\community\liveries-A320 as an example. In this liveries-A320 folder, some *.locPak, some *.json files are included and another folder called "SimObjects". That is how it should be, no?

I also tried to install them via AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe, but in this folder, I do not find any subfolder anywhere called "community" as shown in some "how to" videos.

Where the heck do those liveries need to go? Can someone give me a heads up? I would be very grateful!

Regards

Chris

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Assuming you have them installed per the directions, click on the default aircraft, then in the left-hand column, click "Liveries." You should be good to go.

Edited by rexbo47
word not allowed tyops

Of course I do know, how I could change the liveries in the sim, but they do not show up, I see only the default livery...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

39 minutes ago, AnkH said:

I must be blind, stupid or both of them, but I do not get those custom liveries working in my MSFS. Could it be that installing MSFS in a fully customized location might interfere with installation of custom liveries?

I tried putting them into the folder I have all my stuff including the three ORBX sceneries (they work): D:\MSFS_Temp\community\liveries-A320 as an example. In this liveries-A320 folder, some *.locPak, some *.json files are included and another folder called "SimObjects". That is how it should be, no?

I also tried to install them via AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe, but in this folder, I do not find any subfolder anywhere called "community" as shown in some "how to" videos.

Where the heck do those liveries need to go? Can someone give me a heads up? I would be very grateful!

Regards

Chris

The "Community" folder does not exist by default. You need to create it as a new folder. Do that and refollow those other instructions, restart FS and you'll be golden. 

(Unfortunately most content creators on Youtube really have very poor communications skills and no real world experience troubleshooting nor helping anyone, so they miss critical steps and don't point things out that need pointing out. My pet peeve are these dudes that insist on hitting Apply and then OK as if the former is needed when you are about to do that latter. They fundamentally do not understand how dialog boxes in Windows work and yet they are giving tech tips.)

Edited by SeanMo

11 minutes ago, SeanMo said:

The "Community" folder does not exist by default. You need to create it as a new folder.

It does if you install somewhere other than the default location. Or at least it did for me.

I installed MSFS by default. So have C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages \Community\ also by default. However, when I put liveries there MSFS doesn't see them

• Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

11 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I installed MSFS by default. So have C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages \Community\ also by default. However, when I put liveries there MSFS doesn't see them

So what is wrong on our end?

And why it does not work if I put the liveries in the Community folder where also my three ORBX addons are in? They do work...

Edited by AnkH

Greetings, Chris

To my knowledge everything (flightplans, saved flights, custom scenery's, custom livery's etc.) go in the base folder: WpSystem. There you find the folder strucure leading to the correct Community folder. In my case on E drive and all of the 90Gb installed here as well.

When you unzip are you putting the whole zip folder in community?

When you look inside the community directory you should see all the individual liveries directories like liveries-A320, liveries-747 and so on.

Ok, it works. The problem was my impatience, it takes quiet a while to load all those A320neo paints. As soon as I checked the paints available for the other planes, they loaded and then also the A320neo paints loaded. Sorry for this thread, can be closed 😉

Greetings, Chris