Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Updated CJ4 Performance - Updated engines.cfg

3 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

NOTICE ABOUT USING THIS MOD WITH LIVERIES

Note, that while the 'Community' folder method is better for many reasons, as of now, MSFS can't handle more than one package in Community that modifies an Official model. Therefore, you can't use this mod with the liveries pack if your liveries pack has CJ4 liveries. If you're only adding liveries for other aircraft, like the A320 Neo, no problem, but this approach won't currently work with CJ4 liveries also - only one of the two mods will work. You CAN combine the mods into a single package, which requires editing the JSON files to include both sets of added files - a little complicated.

Can one completely clone and rename the aircraft? That way, you could have a one with an updated flight model, and leave the original completely... original?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

4 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Can one completely clone and rename the aircraft? That way, you could have a one with an updated flight model, and leave the original completely... original?

I haven't tried it, but I believe you can IF you change the name. That includes changing the name of the in the manifest.json file and the name in the aircraft.cfg file, as well as giving the folder in the Community folder a new name. I don't know for sure, but I believe this should work.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

12 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Yep you can...

André

Did my first flight with the mod today... she’s so much more pleasant to fly with the more realistic power and fuel consumption.. this is the bird I’m choosing to start my world tour. Thanks again.

Now if Asobo could fix the homicidal autopilots. Really have to watch your back right now. 😂

Just now, Azapata87 said:

Now if Asobo could fix the homicidal autopilots. Really have to watch your back right now

Push the NAV button and pray to the aviation Gods then prepare for a ride. 🙂

• Like 1

I am just poking around at the folder structure and the changes you made. I did a test earlier on the Citation Longitude. It gobbles fuel like crazy at altitude... probably about 3X the what it should. I can see the folder structure for it, but some key files (including aircraft.cfg & engines.cfg) are locked away in an 'archive'. It may be possible to use the same approach as the default aircraft to override the files, but without access to the originals, your have to build these from scratch. Doable, but quite a bit of work.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

1 minute ago, odourboy said:

I am just poking around at the folder structure and the changes you made. I did a test earlier on the Citation Longitude. It gobbles fuel like crazy at altitude... probably about 3X the what it should. I can see the folder structure for it, but some key files (including aircraft.cfg & engines.cfg) are locked away in an 'archive'. It may be possible to use the same approach as the default aircraft to override the files, but without access to the originals, your have to build these from scratch. Doable, but quite a bit of work.

Without knowing how the engines.cfg file is configured, it would be almost impossible, but I suppose I could try some stabs in the dark.

Can you or someone provide details on what the fuel burn is and what it should be? Likewise, does anyone know what the initial climb rate should be and at what climb speed? If I have those parameters maybe, just maybe, it would work...

• Like 1

Just now, cwburnett said:

Can you or someone provide details on what the fuel burn is and what it should be? Likewise, does anyone know what the initial climb rate should be and at what climb speed? If I have those parameters maybe, just maybe, it would work

Thanks, but I can not at this time. I simply used the published range vs the range I was getting in the sim. Perhaps 1000 NM in sim versus 3500 NM in the specs. I'd need to do some digging to come up with decent data to make realistic mods to the engine.cfg.

I might try an experiment though just to see if the sim picks up a custom copy of the file rather than the archived version.

10 minutes ago, MrRazgriz said:

Hello dude, i tried download the file but say it moved to trash, can you reup?

Updated link and instructions on page 2. Page 1 has been deprecated. Sadly, I can't edit it.

• Like 1

Just now, cwburnett said:

Updated link and instructions on page 2. Page 1 has been deprecated. Sadly, I can't edit it.

Sorry dude, I see it after scrolling, i'm trying now! Thanks for effort.

4 hours ago, cwburnett said:

UPDATE

I have now packaged this mod into a package that can be added to the Community folder without modifying in any way the Asobo content in the Official folder.

If you previously installed this CJ4 mod by replacing the files in the Official folder, please restore the backup of those files that I implored you to make before applying this new download.

To Install:

1) Download the zip file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j0FcNvxSYqAttAaxBPIVH22-Hzx-pJ3e/view?usp=sharing

2) Extract the folder "cwburnett-CJ4" into your Community folder. It should look like this:

vxYjGtS.jpg

3) Launch the sim.

To disable this mod, simply remove the cwburnett-cj4 folder from the Community folder. That's it.

I will provide an update as to how this package is impacted by any impending update from Asobo.

I am still working on more accurate fuel flow.

Please let me know if you have any problems or questions.

To instaall the addons we must just drop the folders on community folder?

59 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

Without knowing how the engines.cfg file is configured, it would be almost impossible, but I suppose I could try some stabs in the dark.

Can you or someone provide details on what the fuel burn is and what it should be? Likewise, does anyone know what the initial climb rate should be and at what climb speed? If I have those parameters maybe, just maybe, it would work...

Max cruise fuel flow is 860-880pph. @ .83m / 473mph (ISA -4 Fl430) is a good average.  Will see if I can get the TOLD card or POH for book climbs etc.

• Upvote 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

2 minutes ago, MrRazgriz said:

To instaall the addons we must just drop the folders on community folder?

yes

1 minute ago, Flyfaster said:

Max cruise fuel flow is 860-880pph. @ .83m / 473mph (ISA -4 Fl430) is a good average.  Will see if I can get the TOLD card or POH for book climbs etc.

Any chance you have this info for the CJ4? 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

yes

Any chance you have this info for the CJ4? 😉

Sure here is a start with the publications/specs and manuals. let me know what exact figures you need:

https://cessna.txtav.com/en/citation/cj4

https://www.midcont.net/pdf/citationcj4.pdf

https://www.tadistributors.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/SD-CJ4-Unit-0200-to-TBD-2015-Oct.pdf

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/a2097bd1f6f84a0f0c6228cc1497c393

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.