Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Updated CJ4 Performance - Updated engines.cfg

I wouldnt be changing anything until at least the next update going to get messy imo

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

On 8/24/2020 at 11:36 PM, cwburnett said:

I would like to figure out how to do this in the community folder, but haven't even begun to figure that out. Maybe I will, maybe I wont...we'll see.

All, as an update, I've nearly got the 'proper' way to update this aircraft through the community folder worked out. It has been a challenge since the section of the SDK documentation that addresses the Package Tool XML definitions is just...completely...blank. That said, as has always been the case with FS, trial and error is winning the day. I am also making progress deciphering some of the new fuel flow variables that are also not listed in the SDK, again through trial and error, so that I can better simulate both takeoff fuel flow and cruise fuel flow. Hoping we get updated SDK documentation soon, since I don't think aircraft performance should continue to be a voodoo science, though it always has been in the past in all previous FS and P3D SDKs.

PaxIvSc.png

• Like 4

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

UPDATE

I have now packaged this mod into a package that can be added to the Community folder without modifying in any way the Asobo content in the Official folder.

If you previously installed this CJ4 mod by replacing the files in the Official folder, please restore the backup of those files that I implored you to make before applying this new download.

To Install:

1) Download the zip file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j0FcNvxSYqAttAaxBPIVH22-Hzx-pJ3e/view?usp=sharing

2) Extract the folder "cwburnett-CJ4" into your Community folder. It should look like this:

vxYjGtS.jpg

3) Launch the sim.

To disable this mod, simply remove the cwburnett-cj4 folder from the Community folder. That's it.

I will provide an update as to how this package is impacted by any impending update from Asobo.

I am still working on more accurate fuel flow.

Please let me know if you have any problems or questions.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Great work going to download and see what it is, and the community folder is working nice made some installs there for myself (scenery stuff), it's pretty straight forward 🙂

Edited by awf

André

Frankly fuel flow is secondary to an accurate flight model

Edited by Flyfaster
  • Like 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

4 minutes ago, Flyfaster said:

Frankly fuel flow is secondary to an accurate flight model

IMHO, its part of the flight model! But each to his own.

• Like 4

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

9 minutes ago, odourboy said:

IMHO, its part of the flight model! But each to his own.

For sure.  However, fuel flow is about 80% more realistic with this mod, but it is still far from perfect. There are some new variables that are not documented in the SDK so it's a trial-and-error game right now. But with this mod you can get rational performance and fly for about 3 hours without flaming out...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Wish there was a way to log flight data so I can do a short flight and share fuel consumption to a engineer so i can pass better info to make this AC better . 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

2 minutes ago, rtodepart said:

Wish there was a way to log flight data so I can do a short flight and share fuel consumption to a engineer so i can pass better info to make this AC better . 

I actually saw someone was working on a gauge that does this. We had this for P3D and FSX. It will just be a matter of time.

In the meantime, if you want, set up a standard day with no wind and 15c at sea level. Record fuel flow at various altitudes all the way up to cruise, then setup a 425kt TAS cruise and record fuel flow along your journey. 😉 It is tedious.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

I actually saw someone was working on a gauge that does this. We had this for P3D and FSX. It will just be a matter of time.

In the meantime, if you want, set up a standard day with no wind and 15c at sea level. Record fuel flow at various altitudes all the way up to cruise, then setup a 425kt TAS cruise and record fuel flow along your journey. 😉 It is tedious.

Thats what I was going to do but they are putting together a few other things they want me to do on the air and see the results hence the reason i wish there was a way in the sim to record data in a more accurate way . 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

2 minutes ago, BeechcrafterJW said:

@cwburnett any chance to doing the same with the 350i?

Best regards,

If you can detail what about it you want changed, I could try...I haven't done a turboprop ever, so that'll be new....

• Like 1

@cwburnett Modified the text to 45,000 and no issues.

• Like 1

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
i9-9900K - EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC2 Ultra Gaming - 32GB DDR4 3200 - EVGA Z390 FTW - Windows 10 Pro

1 hour ago, cwburnett said:

For sure.  However, fuel flow is about 80% more realistic with this mod, but it is still far from perfect. There are some new variables that are not documented in the SDK so it's a trial-and-error game right now. But with this mod you can get rational performance and fly for about 3 hours without flaming out...

What I meant was that you can add/subtract fuel to 'cheat' at critical phases of flight to change weight(s)... You can't change the flight model on the fly 🙂

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

NOTICE ABOUT USING THIS MOD WITH LIVERIES

Note, that while the 'Community' folder method is better for many reasons, as of now, MSFS can't handle more than one package in Community that modifies an Official model. Therefore, you can't use this mod with the liveries pack if your liveries pack has CJ4 liveries. If you're only adding liveries for other aircraft, like the A320 Neo, no problem, but this approach won't currently work with CJ4 liveries also - only one of the two mods will work. You CAN combine the mods into a single package, which requires editing the JSON files to include both sets of added files - a little complicated.

• Like 1