Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Updated CJ4 Performance - Updated engines.cfg

1 hour ago, av8r13 said:

really dumb question; i installed as per instructions on page 2 (dropped the file in the community folder).

but i cant find the aircraft in the sim menu. does it show up as an additional aircraft? or does selecting the standard CJ4 automatically use this mods?

thanks in advance

It just modifies the default aircraft. So no second listing in sim.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Are you working on the mod right now? GDrive tells me that the file is in your garbage can. 

Intel Core i7-11700F, mainboard MSI MPG B560I GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7D19), 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM, RTX3070, no OC for CPU, RAM or GPU, XMP off. MS Store version, default installation path on a 1 TB NVMe 4x 8 GT/s

9 hours ago, EDDB2020 said:

Are you working on the mod right now? GDrive tells me that the file is in your garbage can. 

Current download link is on page 2. Unfortunately I can't edit the top post.

2 hours ago, ImAHighFlyer said:

Would your mod work if we remove the CJ4 livery folder from the "mega pack"?

It turns out that it should work alongside the livery package, since my mod doesn't edit any of the same files.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cwburnett said:

Thanks!

Intel Core i7-11700F, mainboard MSI MPG B560I GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7D19), 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM, RTX3070, no OC for CPU, RAM or GPU, XMP off. MS Store version, default installation path on a 1 TB NVMe 4x 8 GT/s

2 hours ago, cwburnett said:

I edited the top post and updated the d/l link for you.

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Great work.

Now we need someone giving the same treatment to the Bonanza G36. She is also underpowered.

47 minutes ago, Carlosx said:

Great work.

Now we need someone giving the same treatment to the Bonanza G36. She is also underpowered.

[FLIGHT_TUNING]
parasite_drag_scalar = 0.6//1
induced_drag_scalar = 1.00//1.4

flight_model.cfg

• Like 1

So just trying this mod out.  Working great for the fuel flow...but overall performance seems quite reduced.  I can only get .64 mach with a cruise setting on the throttle at FL380, and even at full throttle I'm only hitting 95% N1.  Is this working as intended?

So just trying this mod out.  Working great for the fuel flow...but overall performance seems quite reduced.  I can only get .64 mach with a cruise setting on the throttle at FL380, and even at full throttle I'm only hitting 95% N1.  Is this working as intended?

Fuel flow is still high (at least it is for me)- Shouldn't burn more than maximum around 1200lbs/hr combined at a high speed setting... should be able to get it on an economy setting of less than 800lbs/hr combined.

I love the CJ series of Citation- hopefully it gets some Microsoft attention for tweaking. CJ4 is a great airplane.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Don't use the cruise setting. It is just painted on art. There are no FADEC detents - or for that matter - any FADEC at all. It isn't simulated right now, though it's on my list. You'll need to climb at full throttle above 35,000' and you'll get between 500 fpm and 1000 fpm up to 45,000. Then you can pull back power to maintain your desired speed. Check out my notes in the first post of this thread.

36 minutes ago, nrcrate said:

Fuel flow is still high (at least it is for me)- Shouldn't burn more than maximum around 1200lbs/hr combined at a high speed setting... should be able to get it on an economy setting of less than 800lbs/hr combined.

I love the CJ series of Citation- hopefully it gets some Microsoft attention for tweaking. CJ4 is a great airplane.

Yes, as I mentioned in my notes, there are a few new parameters that influence fuel flow that are not described in the current SDK docs. I've been experimenting, but also hoping for revised/enhanced SDK docs along with the upcoming update. A lot of devs are waiting on this, The current setup is still pretty unrealistic, but at least you don't flame out in 30 mins.  You'll get the best range at about 25,000'.

Edited by cwburnett
  • Like 2

By the way, thanks to the help of a friend, some avionics updates are coming. I'm currently testing a mod to the FMS that allows using the direct to function on approach procedures. Also on my list are the clock and a few other odds and ends...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

By the way, thanks to the help of a friend, some avionics updates are coming. I'm currently testing a mod to the FMS that allows using the direct to function on approach procedures. Also on my list are the clock and a few other odds and ends...

Your efforts are appreciated on all of this! I was really looking forward to this airplane when they announced it. I wish they’d have spent more time... maybe soon they’ll go back through and fix the countless bugs on it and other aircraft.

• Upvote 3

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo