Sign in to follow this  
tyda0501

Feels like I’m playing the Google Earth flight sim

And I don’t mean that in a good way. Not to be a curmudgeon, this sim has impressed me in a lot of ways but flying in mountainous areas has a very cheap feeling, like the old photoreal scenery add-ons for FSX. Yes, when flying directly over the terrain it’s great and the mesh quality is impeccable but looking from a bit out...cheap. It has that blueish quality, and that sorta “je ne sais quoi” that gives the feeling of flying in google earth’s simulator. Prepar3d simulates distant mountains much better, and if you have good mesh, it’s really good. I hope this can be fixed someday.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Alright, New Zealand south island in the neighborhood of Queenstown.  Here's mine:

wDR4Uck.png

now lets have your screenshot of p3d in this area, we'll let the class decide...

• Like 19

4 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

Alright, New Zealand south island in the neighborhood of Queenstown.  Here's mine:

wDR4Uck.png

now lets have your screenshot of p3d in this area, we'll let the class decide...

That’s nice... man I need to get out and explore more places in the sim! Just looking at the whole world, I don’t know where to go! Nice shot

• Upvote 1

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

I’m not talking mesh, obviously that is amazing. Texture is obviously also, great. But I was sitting on the ground in Salzburg today and thought “it’s got that blue satellite photo look” and occasionally I get that photoreal cheapness feeling 

15 minutes ago, tyda0501 said:

It has that blueish quality

Aaah yes, that'd be that 'what it looks like in real life' Rayleigh Scattering effect. It is why where we live is often called The Blue Planet. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

13 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

wDR4Uck.png

Humm P3D looks better.  lol 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tyda0501 said:

I’m not talking mesh, obviously that is amazing. Texture is obviously also, great. But I was sitting on the ground in Salzburg today and thought “it’s got that blue satellite photo look” and occasionally I get that photoreal cheapness feeling 

fair enough, Salzburg it is:

3buZnVp.png

Seriously, maybe there’s something wrong with my sim/monitor. These look way better than mine. Using a 4K LG.

Just now, tyda0501 said:

Seriously, maybe there’s something wrong with my sim/monitor. These look way better than mine. Using a 4K LG.

might be. I'm using 1080p which lets me crank up the settings (mostly ultra, some settings high) that might be the difference.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, joemiller said:

Humm P3D looks better.  lol 

doubt

• Like 3

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

3 minutes ago, tyda0501 said:

Are you using HDR? It looks bad on an IPS monitor that you likely have.

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Just now, Slides said:

doubt

Hahaha 😂 popcorn 🍿 in hand to watch where this one goes . That was a good JOKE

• Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

And I highly doubt any other Sim has Otto as your co-pilot , as an option

gPYbdfG.png