Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

Absolutely gorgeous: FSDT's upcoming KORD

2 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

Quite underwhelmed by the scenery aswell. Apart from poor performance and some pbr additions on terminal buildings, the scenery looks like a direct port. Night lighting looks mediocre too. 

If you really want to know what the msfs rendering engine is capable of, try flytampa's Copenhagen. That scenery is a work of art.

i just mentioned before when it comes to scenery I blame developers for doing a quick hot fix port to make money and not taking the time to Use what FS2020 can do . 

• Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I feel like this is continuously glossed over. Do people not realise we are getting 30+FPS with these visuals? How is it fair to dis that. Turn your settings down if you want more FPS.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

3 minutes ago, rtodepart said:

when it comes to scenery there's quite a few of us that had noticed it has nothing to do with ASOBO but the developers pushing a quick port to grab money  and not taking the time to port things the proper way .

That is probably the reason for the lower price. Otherwise they probably had charged more.

6 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

That is probably the reason for the lower price.

It is more that they don't need to buy expensive ground images any longer. These are probably the highest driving cost factor apart the simple time it takes to build a scenery from scratch.

And the ones coming out now are just port overs. And why shouldn't they be? If you already have existing models built, why go through the process of building them again, if they can be used in the new sim.

Edited by Farlis

Just now, Farlis said:

It is more that they don't need to buy expensive groundi mages any longer. These are probably the highest driving cost factor apart the simple time it takes to build a scenery from scratch.

And the ones coming out now are just port overs. And why shouldn't they be? If you already have existing models built, why go through the process of building them again, if they can be used in the new sim.

Why would they need to buy new ground images for a exported airport? It would still make sense that they charged a lower price, because it's just a port over.

Maybe because MSFS is a new platform and has different advantages developers could make use of?

45 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

Quite underwhelmed by the scenery aswell. Apart from poor performance and some pbr additions on terminal buildings, the scenery looks like a direct port. Night lighting looks mediocre too. 

If you really want to know what the msfs rendering engine is capable of, try flytampa's Copenhagen. That scenery is a work of art.

This very thread opened with:

As said: "When a native scenery PBR meets a native graphics engine PBR". Absolutely gorgeous. This is the new standard for sceneries payware IMO.
Nothing less.

I wonder how's possible two people could see the same thing in such opposite ways...

- About the supposedly "poor" performance, the only PROPER comparison ( because it's the same area ), would be against the Asobo version ( Premium, of course, the standard default is so sparse is not even worth comparing). And our version is slightly faster, yet looks way better and closer to the real thing, with nothing generic on it, everything is fully custom.

- About the "Some PBR additions" ? Are you serious ? This scenery is 100% full PBR, there's not even a single texture that is not full PBR using the full complement of native materials. 

- About night lighting supposedly "mediocre". Really ? It's 100% dynamic lights using native MSFS light emitters.

You are being completely MISLEAD it's a "direct port", just because the scenery came out on P3D4, but modeling is modeling, and PBR is PBR. A "direct port" would look bad if it wasn't MADE for PBR, so it had "some PBR" attached to it, but this is 100% true PBR from the bottom up. I'm SURE if the scenery wasn't made for P3D4, you would have lauded the first true 100% PBR scenery that really uses the MSFS engine as it should, because this is what REALLY is.

- Even if the modeling was already 100% PBR, so there wasn't too much to improve, we ALSO added several new native features that are specific to MSFS, like Parallax Interior Mapping, that saves on the number of polygons on some terminal interiors, and Dynamic Lighting has been redone entirely from scratch. 

There's only ONE thing we are not entirely 100% happy with, and it's the fact we used a NEW ( native ) feature in the MSFS SDK called "Projected Mesh", which is a very efficient way to create a very complex and completely custom ground layout of markings, lines, etc. At this time, this feature doesn't support PBR entirely, just Albedo + Normal maps, so we are missing the Roughness, which gives the Asphalt a semi-reflective look. Asobo has promised support for full PBR in those kind of objects will come with an update of the sim and the SDK, and we are already ready to take advantage of it, it will be a very quick update and the file are already there.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

It would still make sense that they charged a lower price, because it's just a port over.

I guess 19.99$ ( and 13$ for previous customers ), IS lower than 34$, which was the price of the P3D version when it came out.

7 minutes ago, virtuali said:

I guess 19.99$ ( and 13$ for previous customers ), IS lower than 34$, which was the price of the P3D version when it came out.

Umberto,

Does the discount apply to owners of KORD first version?

Beautiful work, btw.

Thanks.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Just now, DJJose said:

Does the discount apply to owners of KORD first version?

You mean O'Hare 2011 for FSX ? Sorry, no.

You can get a discount on KORD V2 for P3D, if you bought the FSX version ( our site has instructions how to get it ), and then ( as a KORD V2 P3D customer ) get the discount for the MSFS version but, if you are only interested in the MSFS version, it's surely cheaper to just buy that.

Note that, the discount for P3D customers is permanent. Existing users got an email, but those buying the P3D version from today onward, will get a discount for the MSFS version in their P3D purchase receipt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ahsmatt7 said:

The scenery looks awesome but it absolutely hammers my main thread. It's in the mid 40ms range. 

If you see heavy usage of the Main Thread, it's very likely caused by too many AI and/or ground vehicles.

Note that, on MSFS, all jetways can serve AI, and of course our custom jetways looks way better then the default ones. 

But it's not just jetways, the way the new Living World system works, the simulator can generate a lot of ground vehicles, animated guys, marshallers, etc, basically everywhere ( depending on the parking type, the biggest the parking, the more vehicles will be automatically generated ), and they move over vehicle paths randomly, depending on what AI airplanes are doing. It's great but, on big airports with many parkings, they can slow down fps a lot, and especially on the MainThread, since every vehicle has its own internal simulation, like a little airplane, in addition to AI and their own flight mode. All of these have a direct impact on the Main Thread.

Hint:

- when you see a big impact on the GPU, it's usually the airplane or scenery not properly optimized, like too many polygons, too many textures, too many materials,etc.

- when you see a big impact on the MainThread, it's usually AI, Ground traffic, Road/Boat traffic.

- when you see a big impact on CoherentGT, it's the airplane gauges.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, virtuali said:

I did not claim anything else.

36 minutes ago, virtuali said:

If you see heavy usage of the Main Thread, it's very likely caused by too many AI and/or ground vehicles.

Note that, on MSFS, all jetways can serve AI, and of course our custom jetways looks way better then the default ones. 

But it's not just jetways, the way the new Living World system works, the simulator can generate a lot of ground vehicles, animated guys, marshallers, etc, basically everywhere ( depending on the parking type, the biggest the parking, the more vehicles will be automatically generated ), and they move over vehicle paths randomly, depending on what AI airplanes are doing. It's great but, on big airports with many parkings, they can slow down fps a lot, and especially on the MainThread, since every vehicle has its own internal simulation, like a little airplane, in addition to AI and their own flight mode. All of these have a direct impact on the Main Thread.

Hint:

- when you see a big impact on the GPU, it's usually the airplane or scenery not properly optimized, like too many polygons, too many textures, too many materials,etc.

- when you see a big impact on the MainThread, it's usually AI, Ground traffic, Road/Boat traffic.

- when you see a big impact on CoherentGT, it's the airplane gauges.

Good info. Thanks for the reply. I'll check out my ai levels. 

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

@virtuali Please don't give the asphalt that reflective(tin foil) look at night when the landing lights shine on it.  It's horrible....lol.  

Will you be able to get the sign boards at the gates going again in the new sim?

Edited by Jeff Nielsen

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

2 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Getting a cool 26 fps with the 152 and dreamliner.

Not very happy with performance. Considering that there really isn't anything other than default right now. I am seriously curious as to who performance the developer got when testing it and on what machine.

FIY, here's the fps I get sitting with the 152 on rwy 28C, realtime weather as of now:

kord_c152_fps_28C.jpg

Resolution is 5120x1440 32:9, which even if it's a bit less than 4K in total pixel count ( about 6.5 M/pixel vs 8.2 M/pixel ), can still be quite demanding because of the extra wide aspect, showing more objects in sight. I can reach 47-48 fps with a non-ultrawide resolution, like 1440p.

My settings are a combination of High and Ultra, since my system is a bit weak CPU-wise, but very strong in GPU, I started with High, and set to Ultra all those settings that are completely related to the GPU, since I'm not GPU-limited.

My CPU it's a 2016 i7-6700 NOT overclocked, with 64 GB RAM and a 2080 Ti. I just took the screenshot as I were, so I had all sort of word not allowed utilities running in the background, like Ms Teams, Xbox, Skype, Steam, the ElGato Streamdeck software, Adobe Creative Cloud, Dropxbox, the Asus audio panel, the 3dConnexion 3d mouse interface, Mozilla Thunderbird reading emails in the background, my Task manager has more than a hundred processes running, and I haven't turned off any or optimized anything. I'm sure I could get at least another 4-5 fps more, if I tried, even with no overclock.

Edited by virtuali
  • Upvote 1