Sign in to follow this  
Oskar Speer

MSFS is not ready for advance A/C, yet.

I don't want to say I told you so but...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Just now, ark said:

n4gix can speak to this better than me, but going the Wasm route provides developers some 'protection' for the creative work since the code is compiled, versus using only XML coding which is readable by anyone.

I imagine there are Wasm decompilers (like for everything else).  But I guess the act of compiling to Wasm gives you some protection, like stripping comments, and mangling internal names.

Matthew S

Well, I will stay in DCS and in my F/A-18 until PMDG and FSL present a decent A/C. I own MSFS Premium Deluxe so I will wait. The Boeing 787-10 Dream Liner in MSFS is a blasphemy, for me.

Edited by Oskar Speer

9 minutes ago, PabloC said:

how can you blah blah on truncated quotes? why is it so difficult to cite your sources?

5 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

He probably plucked the quote from the official PMDG forums....  But yeah a link is good as well, for complete context.

Wow, you can't please anyone. Luckily the thread only runs for two pages, so you can find the specifics yourselves.

Here it is boys

• Like 1

David Porrett

7 minutes ago, DavidP said:

Wow, you can't please anyone. Luckily the thread only runs for two pages, so you can find the specifics yourselves.

Here it is boys

cheers

Honestly I don't blame them, look at Squirrel's video in the TBM ect.... the SDK is a mess, the wind is a mess, the GPS is a mess, the Data is a mess. It's really beautiful for a Sunday drive but let's face it the honeymoon is over and this thing is not ready for prime time. If you don't even have a working GPS how to you expect PMDG to work. If you want to practice some real VOR navigation or real study level flight plans, sorry but this is not the sim to use.

Izj6VUi.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Just now, PabloC said:

Yep, to be honest, 6-12 months is all fair 🙂

we may have to wait for FS2021

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Good to see that PMDG is prioritising a (hypothetical) solid FS base to work on realistic jet airliners rather then building air planes on a broken system. 

Looks like it isn`t as simple as Ctrl+V PMDG planes in FS. Good to see that PMDG is taking care. 

Before release it was stated that PMDG delayed some of their projects for months or even years. So nothing good for the impatient.

1 minute ago, FPStewy said:

It's really beautiful for a Sunday drive but let's face it the honeymoon is over and this thing is not ready for prime time

Yep, I think this is the reality that many need to face.

The desperation for it to live up to the pre-launch hype has made many blind to its very many shortcomings and limitations. I hope it matures as well, like anyone does, but much of the pre-launch hyperbole has fallen somewhat flat at this point.

• Like 1

David Porrett

1 minute ago, BigDee said:

Good to see that PMDG is prioritising a (hypothetical) solid FS base to work on realistic jet airliners rather then building air planes on a broken system.

Probably the reason why FSL have been totally non-committal regarding their product. 

David Porrett

5 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

we may have to wait for FS2021

I'm not ironic, I really think it takes 6-12 months for Asobo and editors to work on the SDK. It's not that huge to build strong.

4 minutes ago, DavidP said:

Probably the reason why FSL have been totally non-committal regarding their product. 

Sounds like a good reason... 

This is not good news for those who own the product but it really will be good for the community in the long run. I am sure the folks at PMDG, A2A, Milviz and many others would have warned folks but for the NDA. It is one of the bad things about NDA's. 

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

8 minutes ago, BigDee said:

Looks like it isn`t as simple as Ctrl+V PMDG planes in FS. Good to see that PMDG is taking care. 

Before release it was stated that PMDG delayed some of their projects for months or even years. So nothing good for the impatient.

Yes, that is a good thing!