Sign in to follow this  
Oskar Speer

MSFS is not ready for advance A/C, yet.

To me A2A is advanced enough. If they will be able to bring their aircraft sooner then it's more like PMDG specific problem that they try to work with SDK and Asobo

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, Milviz said:

No multi-threading at this time... and, it's 32 bit....

Oh.. that's a speed bump for PMDG (etc) I guess.

Matthew S

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

To me A2A is advanced enough. If they will be able to bring their aircraft sooner then it's more like PMDG specific problem that they try to work with SDK and Asobo

Agreed, and in fact I believe A2A can do a better job with GA aircraft, add to that their Accusim an we will get gorgeous airplanes.

48 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I will have to hear that from A2A. I think the different Dev's are trying to give us a  touch of the real world here. I don't think Santa Claus is going to pull a magic solution from his butt on these problems. It is going to take a lot of time.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

13 hours ago, Oskar Speer said:

I read posts on MSFS Forums where PMDG says that the new platform MSFS is not ready for advanced aircraft as PMDG, yet. Maybe it will be in 6 - 12 months. Has anyone heard anything more about this? It means we have to wait at least 6 month before PMDG and FSL present a decent aircraft = Not good.

I think, realistically, with the current state of the sim we're looking at 6-12 months before companies like PMDG and FSL can actually start proper development of getting their systems into MSFS.

15 hours ago, n4gix said:

Please understand that one of the things holding back the SDK is that MSFS is still far from planned feature completion, and they also need to fix many (most?) of the current bugs. There's little point in trying to document a constantly moving target.

And no, Asobo won't be providing much more than they already have. It remains up to 3rd parties to develop all of the advanced bells and whistles for the much smaller user base who want them and are willing to pay for them.

The following is an RXP quote. "The problem is not about running the trainer process nor in displaying the GTN screen in a FS2020 gauge. The problem is rooted deeper and is the same as with any FltSim version from FS9 to P3D5 and now to FS2020: unlike X-Plane, there is no overriding capability for the autopilot and the simvars... This is all done today in hacking and injecting code at run time into the Fltsim runtime. This is the technology which makes it possible to integrate the GTN in any aircraft and get any 3rd party gauge displaying correct needle deviation and any 3rd party autopilot (implemented on the internal Fltsim autopilot system) to guide the aircraft from our GTN navigation data. This is impossible as-is with FS2020 sandboxed approach."

This is another major disappointment if  true, I understand that MS/Asobo want to protect what they have but if they're going to cripple 3rd parties to develop utilities and planes, well there's not much hope to see anything anytime soon. We might see some cut-n-paste stuff but forget any PMDG or A2A for the near future.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, FPStewy said:

This is another major disappointment if  true, I understand that MS/Asobo want to protect what they have but if they're going to cripple 3rd parties to develop utilities and planes, well there's not much hope to see anything anytime soon.

I'm really struggling with MSFS at the moment and honestly only because the avionics are so limited and broken at this point. I'm not prone to hyperbole, but they are just awful in their current state. The sim is gorgeous, and despite the elevator twitchiness, the overall control response for the GA fleet is really pretty good. But punching holes in the virtual sky drooling over the stunning scenery only takes you so far. So I fired up P3D with the A2A fleet, and RealityXP plugins last night to work through some more complex IFR scenarios that I eventually want to teach instrument students....and it was such a let down. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do, but dang, I was painful. MSFS is so good in capturing the feeling of flight and P3D even loaded to the gills with add-ons just falls flat. Default X-Plane was actually better in the feel department, but I don't have the GTN plugin for XP and specifically wanted to compare the GNS's use of the OBS function to assist in holding procedures to the GTN's ability to create a custom hold at any fix.

One of the following has to happen.

1. Asobo needs to devote some serious time into making the default avionics work at even the very basic level edit: scratch that. They need to go beyond the barbones basics. I think they bit off way too much trying to implement the range of Garmin's suite that they touted was included. But since they are in there, make them work.

2. Expose the variables via the SDK to allow 3rd parties to do things like integrate their own advanced avionics (If this doesn't happen I'll be shocked, disappointed, and pessimistic the sim will ever shake the criticism of being merely an eye-candy game.)

3. Some industrious freeware developer is going to figure out how to enhance/code/recode the default gauges with missing functionality and release it as a mod.

Edited by snglecoil
  • Upvote 1

Chris

Problem: FS 2020 is a console arcade platform. PMDG highly sofisticated sim plane builder. That does bot match and PMDG are not going to just make a beautiful plane with toned down word not allowed physics are the standard planes in fs 2020 have right now.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

3. Some industrious freeware developer is going to figure out how to enhance/code/recode the default gauges with missing functionality and release it as a mod.

But that's just it, in the pre-release videos it's as if they were boasting that it's friendly to 3rd parties and that we'd see A2A, PMDG ect.. on opening day, except for a carenado cut-n-paste job. Except that from dev commentaries that they have the weather, avionics and data locked down.

The PMDG and RXP comments are basically saying is that hey nothing can be done development wise and RXP went as far as saying that it's impossible at the moment, and that probably goes to every other developer.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

I think there’s a slight possibility that we won’t ever get a pmdg level (that we are used to )aircraft in ms2020– we may get some sort of pmdg branded plane or mid range complexity aircraft but it may be too much to ask from Asobo to open up the code enough for serious interaction (ie see the weather)

i hope I’m wrong. 

Right, @FPStewy. But I guess I just don't know enough about the limitations of the "sandbox" to know if the type of modifications that are being done on the A320 enhancement project can be extended to other default avionics screens for missing/tweaked functions that already integrate with the existing ecosystem.

Chris