Sign in to follow this  
DRF30q

C152X Realism Mod

This sounds like a dream come true for an old retired flight instructor that has more hours than most anyone in the C150/152.  It has been difficult reading how wonderful the Asobo C152 flies, knowing otherwise.

I hope you guys enjoy this type of work because I don’t think you will ever run out of airplanes needing this type of upgrades.

Regards,

Ray

• Like 8

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

3 hours ago, willzah said:

Thanks for this! Small issue, seems my Com and Nav radio stack arent lighting up, the Com is working via the ATC menu but cant dial VORs. Anyone else?

Also noticed this.

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

4 hours ago, styckx said:

I can't find this supposed dimmer knob 

Hide the yoke. It's the knob to the right of the ignition switch.

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

For those having an issue with avionics not displaying, use ctrl-e to start the plane for now.

• Like 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

Just tried it out.  Very nice, thank you.

The C152 is pretty much the only plane I fly anyway so having th specs closer to real is nice.  Two issues I noticed.

1) The dome light doesn't work with the mod.  It's very helpful sometimes at night to see around the cabin.

2) Certainly nothing at all to do with the mod, but if ones last flight was with the C152, normally when you start the app again, the C152 will still be the default aircraft.  I noticed that after I dropped the C152X in the community folder, the C208 was the default aircraft ready to launch.  I found that out after I spawned.  I was expecting the C152 but was in the Caravan.  Same thing happened when I removed it.  C208 loaded as default.  Certainly no biggie, and not even the issue of the mod, but for those that fly the C152 and are expecting the default C152, just double check.  Prevents you from going out and coming back in.

Again, thanks.

1 minute ago, LarryD said:

1) The dome light doesn't work with the mod.  It's very helpful sometimes at night to see around the cabin.

The dome light works for me.  Are you sure the brightness knob is turned up?  It’s the small dial under the yoke.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

16 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

The dome light works for me.  Are you sure the brightness knob is turned up?  It’s the small dial under the yoke.

Bingo.  That was it.  Since I never messed with the brightness knob, I guess that the default is turned up bright on the default model because when I turned it on, it sure was bright.

Actually, very good thing I went down this route, because now I know I can turn it down for night flying.  Nice and dim, cozy and peaceful.  Just hope I don't fall asleep now at the yoke.  No autopilot to save me!

2 minutes ago, Eddrik84 said:

this just made the aircraft more unrealistic. no improvment.

Real C152 pilot.

Why don’t you add some constructive criticism to help the developer instead of that blurb?

• Like 13
  • Upvote 3

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

4 minutes ago, espent said:

Why don’t you add some constructive criticism to help the developer instead of that blurb?

i allready sendt some reports to Asobo.

Thanks for this, sir.

I found it more life-like. Well done.

I have many, many and too many hours in 152's. It felt about right to me.

• Like 4

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Does it spin (stall + autorotation) ? Thats my go-to test for “realism”.

Edited by smurfboard
clarification

2 hours ago, Eddrik84 said:

i allready sendt some reports to Asobo.

That's not the same as posting it here or informing the guys modifying it - they are not Asobo, but they could probably attend to any shortcomings quicker if you tell them.

What are the main issues?

• Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, Eddrik84 said:

this just made the aircraft more unrealistic. no improvment.

Real C152 pilot.

<Sigh>

Edited by MadDog
Thought better of my original comment.