Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

XP 11.50 FINAL RTM is out now.

As I posted in another thread yesterday, I updated to XP 11.50 last night, enabled Vulcan, and saw my FPS more than double. I can now fly with clouds and AI traffic and still get above 30 FPS.

• Like 2

FSX Gold SP2 (FSGen + GEX + UTX + REX) --- XP10 / XP11 --- MSFS 2020

Intel i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz / 16GB / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo / MFG Crosswind v3

If you're still seeing 11.50r3 in your "about" file, Ben just posted on the Developer site that R3 __ IS ___ the 11.50 full.  Just in case some were wondering.

John

• Like 1

John Wingold

Same here. I did my standard MD-80 flight out of KSEA and over the city and usually at max settings I am at 16-20FPS and with the new patch and enabled Vulkan I was around 28-32FPS quite the impressive increase.

• Like 1

I tried it out. Yeah. Very impressive performance increase. All sliders to the max.

Didn't try any complex aircraft since they all required yet another validation and I can't find my serial numbers 😞

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I just upgraded to  the release version and every aircraft I tried has low fuel pressure warning and will not start. I'm using the same procedures that I always use, but nothing. Anyone else see this?

Russ

UPDATE: Well, I reloaded the sim and it works fine. Not sure what happened, but I'll take it...

Edited by b1bmsgt

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

No sign of an update appearing for me 

Tells me I have the most up to date version available ie 11.41

Am I just impatient?

xxd09

46 minutes ago, xxd09 said:

No sign of an update appearing for me 

Tells me I have the most up to date version available ie 11.41

Am I just impatient?

xxd09

You have to run the installer and select update.

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

7 hours ago, b1bmsgt said:

You have to run the installer and select update.

Or just wait another few days, they are randomly staggering the release to users (that do not manually trigger it via the installer) to curtail a possibly support problem if something goes wrong that wasn´t caught in the beta.

By the way: The final version is called 11.50rc3 or 11.50r3 - so if you see this on your computer, you have the final version!

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1

<START RANT>

I wish Laminar would stamp their releases correctly.

RC3 = Release Candidate 3

If that becomes the GA 'General Availability' it should update the version so it is clear that you do have the GA. So 11.50 GA or Final. Anyway it's up to them but after working  in IT for 20 years and QA for 11 years we have never released a Final build to be released to customers stamped as RC, causes too many questions from customers.

</START RANT> 

• Like 1

I'm, by no means, an IT expert on the "pro" level, and correct me if I'm wrong, but simply changing the text from RC3 to FINAL, and telling people to download that copy (and we're talking well over 100 000 customers), wouldn't that chew up a ton of (expensive) bandwidth?  All for a change in text from RC3 to FINAL?  If that's the case, I would absolutely understand why they wouldn't do it.

• Upvote 1

I'm not an IT or QA pro either but I do think that </START RANT> at the end of a rant is unlikely to stop it. You might think that QA would have spotted it and stopped the rant themselves before releasing the comment.

Edited by Reader

7 minutes ago, Reader said:

I'm not an IT or QA pro either but I do think that </START RANT> at the end of a rant is unlikely to stop it. You might think that QA would have spotted it and stopped the rant themselves before releasing the comment.

'/' ends it.

18 minutes ago, Glenn_C said:

'/' ends it.

I stand corrected. No wonder I was never IT or QA.🙂