Sign in to follow this  
ctdlg

World map resolution

Hello,

Is there a way to improve the world map resolution shown where you select your airports ?
CarteDuMonde.jpg
I cannot see any detail (towns, roads ) just airports and some POI.
Details help you a lot to prepare a flight.
Of course, I can prepare flights with another program, but it would be easier inside FS 2020 !

I only get Fusion, Satellite or Ifr maps. Google map or Openstreet map would be perfect !

Thanks in advance.

Yeah the world map is extremely poor, not just the details it's missing but as you say the resolution when zoomed in is not good. Hopefully it's on the list to improve in future.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

This is one of the ridiculous things about MSFS: you get full Bing world coverage in the sim but a lousy basic world map in the menue. I wonder which donkey decided to do this...

• Like 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

28 minutes ago, AnkH said:

This is one of the ridiculous things about MSFS: you get full Bing world coverage in the sim but a lousy basic world map in the menue. I wonder which donkey decided to do this...

For 'Donkey', read 'software engineer under stress' and given other priorities for now! 🙂

It is poor, but it will be improved.  For those who keep saying MSFS was released too early and is unfinished, probably correct, but I would rather have it now and live with the poor VFR map until it is improved; this whole program is a massive undertaking so I am prepared to give them some time.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 minutes ago, rksoftware said:

Check at FStarter app https://secure.simmarket.com/rksoftware-fstarter-msfs.phtml

to see if that is something you could use

This looks good.

I have a question.  I have also been looking at the free VFRMap for MSFS (the author has done a great job), but I have to alt-tab out and back in.  How can I bring these type of applications up in MSFS while I am in full screen mode, or is it only possible in windows mode?

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

It's an issue and I too hope the resolution improves at some point, but not an insurmountable issue, there are ways to work around it.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Well, the most embarrasing thing is that MSFS is currently almost a pure VFR sim, yet you can not properly plan VFR routes in the sim. No matter if this is harsh or not, those that took all those decisions are really... One can certainly not excuse all and everything due to the rushed release. Some stuff is per design wrong and would not have been different if released a year later. The flightplanning map is one of it...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

54 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

This looks good.

I have a question.  I have also been looking at the free VFRMap for MSFS (the author has done a great job), but I have to alt-tab out and back in.  How can I bring these type of applications up in MSFS while I am in full screen mode, or is it only possible in windows mode?

Check to to see if the app has onTop marker. If no, ask the developer to implement it. FStarter dos have that and can stay withing th MSFS, both in window and Full screen mode.

• Like 1

it would be nice to see the enroute weather forecast and weather info on the map when you plan your IFR flight. Now I have to search the internets for the weather info and maps.

Weather maps are integral part of the aviation yet there is none in MSFS2020.