Sign in to follow this  
roi1862

Do not upgrade your CPU !!

1 minute ago, Jetman67 said:

And I see the same with an 8700k and 1080ti, I think I will stick with this CPU and either go an 3080 ti 20 gb or a 3090,more than likely will be the 3080 

My plan and thoughts as well. All future upgrades will be towards a GPU. Good thing there isn't much of a difference between Gen3 and Gen4 PCIe. so my board is also good to go for the foreseeable future.

I think i am onto something.  I disabled that GPU scheduling in windows graphics.Still testing but looks BETTER. anyone got more info about it ?

Roi Ben

i have just upgraded from a i7 7700k to a amd 3800x and i have gained around 20fps , still using my 1080ti 

6 minutes ago, steveuk1 said:

i have just upgraded from a i7 7700k to a amd 3800x and i have gained around 20fps , still using my 1080ti 

My issue is not FPS but some Main thread stutters 

Roi Ben

5 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

ok, i must have been lucky as never had a problem with any stutters, GL 

Have you tried to limit your frames?

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

1 hour ago, roi1862 said:

I dont get how people with lower end CPU's can set the LOD to 200 

Running an i7-975 Extreme (four logical cores)..and I am...getting my locked 31 FPS.

27 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Lock your FPS to 31 using the nVidia driver suite.

OK so no joke i think the GPU scheduling in windows was the cause. i suggest you to try it and let me know.

Roi Ben

29 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Lock your FPS to 31 using the nVidia driver suite.

You know i noticed this mostly relief the GPU but does nothing to CPU. You see otherwise ?

Roi Ben

If anybody wants to lock the framerate, please use RTSS for best results, and leave both MSFS and NVIDIA VSYNC options OFF.

Set it to 30 and Scanline Sync to x/2 - create a profile for MSFS by typing in "flightsimulator.exe"

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download.html

• Upvote 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Although I would agree that a rush out to buy a new CPU is not normally advised, I will state that if you have a 4 core non-hyperthreaded CPU like an 7th generation or earlier, i5, then you need a new CPU.  Period.

The sim will use all 4 cores quite fully and as such you will almost always be CPU choked.  If you have an i7 that supports multithreading, or an i5 or other CPU with more than 4 physical cores, then things will look better.  

I didn't want to have to go full boat with a MB upgrade and went from an i5 Kaby Lake to an i7 Kaby Lake and the difference in CPU utilization was astonishing when I turned on hyperthreading.  I immediately went from being CPU locked to GPU locked.

I am not saying that hyperthreading is a silver bullet.  It's not.  If you have a CPU with more than 4 physical cores, there seems to be no appreciable performance increase with hyperthreading turn on.

However, if you are stuck with a 4 core i7, then hyperthreading is not just recommended, but I would say a necessity.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roi1862 said:

So lets see, AI traffic is off, multiplayer off, cars traffic off, settings are left high-end as recommended, render scaling 100, terrain level of detail 100, object level of detail 100. 

You tell me what to check/do and ill happily do it and report back.

System related... Anti-virus, background programs kicking in, etc...

Chris Camp

3 hours ago, roi1862 said:

In short, went from I7-5820k@4.4 to I7-10700K@5.0. That word not allowed main Thread stutters are still there in the exact same places ! 

Save your money ! This sim CPU optimizations is horrible !   

I have the same cpu running at 5.1ghz and I don't have any stutters 

11 minutes ago, devgrp said:

I have the same cpu running at 5.1ghz and I don't have any stutters 

I am not sure if its those new power poles. For some reason coming closer to them making it.

Roi Ben