Sign in to follow this  
duke_sc

orkney looks weird!

Was going to fly from Orkney to Shetland tonight, but then I noticed strange squares all over the terrain.  Worried that my installation was screwed up I went on to Shetland and everything there was fine.  Anyone got ideas on what is going on?  Anyone flew over there and seen the same thing?  I'll put links below, but I can't imbed images as I don't have an account except for FB.  This is the first time I've had any problems with the visuals despite running a low end system.  I've actually been really surprised at how well it runs on an i5-6400 with a gtx1060 6gb system.  Way better than I could've hoped.  So this looks like a wee mistake on the devs part (I hope) as I've been loads of places and haven't seen this before.

Cheers,

Robert

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10222747514063978&set=a.10222747515784021

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10222747513983976&set=a.10222747515784021

Yea I see this too I think it’s an issue with the satellite imagery.  Nothing wrong with your system it’s a sim issue.  Shame because it’s a beautiful part of the world.

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

@duke_sc I had this issue too, and the patchwork squares move about depending on where your camera is, I actually made a recording but forgot to submit to Asobo, it seems there are two different sets of aerial imagery that are "fighting", even the terrain mesh doesn't align and you see sheer steps:

fHDV3N.jpg

On08Ap.jpg

Edited by ckyliu
  • Upvote 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

45 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Your links dont work

Sorry, I'll see if I can upload them somewhere to link to.

31 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

@duke_sc I had this issue too, and the patchwork squares move about depending on where your camera is, I actually made a recording but forgot to submit to Asobo, it seems there are two different sets of aerial imagery that are "fighting", even the terrain mesh doesn't align and you see sheer steps:

fHDV3N.jpg

On08Ap.jpg

Well that's a bit of a relief :)  At least it's not just me!  Hopefully, it will get fixed at some point.  Thanks for replies guys.

I see this too on Orkney, and I see similar colour problem on the Isle of Man, though in this case they are most obvious when I look sideways from the cockpit.

I mentioned this to Zendesk MSFS 2020 some time ago

The new MSFS 2020 update has made matters worse by installing lots of trees in a essentially treeless landscape!

xxd09

Yes well, for some something seriously peculiar check out the way they build roads in Ecuador 😄

We probably need a thread just for scenery weirdness.

If that Orkney pattern was in Argyle, I could understand it being there!😄

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Alien Ships landed in Peru.   I wonder how long it will take Asobo to get round all these anomalies in MFS and put them right?  Or if they'll leave them for 3rd party companies to sort out.  Just downloaded the latest patch and now it's glitching all over the place :(

eRbApM.jpg