Sign in to follow this  
kaosfere

Release: Working Title G1000 v0.3 (1.9.3.0 compatible)

25 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

I don't know the answer to 1... but you can pull up the flight plan using the button labeled as such on the MFD.

I can pull up the FP on the MFD, my problem is I can't seem to figure out how to insert a waypoint once I do that.  There should also be a way to quickly activate an approach, which once done should take you directly to the FAF even if you are not currently 'lined up' on the final approach course.

Thanks for the response,

Al

Probably a silly question - where is the brightness knob for the G1000 in the Baron 58? Can't seem to locate it. Thanks!

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

Could we make a main Working Title G1000 mod thread, have a mod link all these other threads to it and then lock them? This way that thread could always have the first post edited to the current version and new users (and others) wouldn't get so confused what version is what.

James

16 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

Could we make a main Working Title G1000 mod thread, have a mod link all these other threads to it and then lock them? This way that thread could always have the first post edited to the current version and new users (and others) wouldn't get so confused what version is what.

Interesting you suggest this.  Working Title has a G1000, G3000, and CJ4 apps current.  Recent discussions have hinted at future groundbreaking projects.  I am almost wondering if AVSIM would be a good place to actually give them their own forum where those of us interested can following everything the Working Title Group is putting out.

Just a thought instead of info scattered in so many different topics.  I don't even know which message to look in anymore when I want to find something that has been said concerning their work.

Edited by LarryD

When opening the fligh plan with the FPL key and then closing it the right part of the map stays black. Anyone else can confirm this?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

8 hours ago, Keirtt said:

Probably a silly question - where is the brightness knob for the G1000 in the Baron 58? Can't seem to locate it. Thanks!

Under the righthand yoke

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

11 hours ago, ark said:

I can pull up the FP on the MFD, my problem is I can't seem to figure out how to insert a waypoint once I do that.  There should also be a way to quickly activate an approach, which once done should take you directly to the FAF even if you are not currently 'lined up' on the final approach course.

Thanks for the response,

Al

Watch that video I linked in my previous post... it covers this exactly. 

5 hours ago, Alvega said:

When opening the fligh plan with the FPL key and then closing it the right part of the map stays black. Anyone else can confirm this?

I haven’t had this issue. 

13 hours ago, Phantoms said:

This way that thread could always have the first post edited to the current version and new users (and others) wouldn't get so confused what version is what.

The only issue with that is you can't edit your threads on Avsim after a few hours so we'd need to get moderator intervention every time we had an update, and I wouldn't want to sign them up for that.  Having them lock threads with a link to the latest would be nice, I'd be interested in that if they're willing.  I know it was done for the Turbo Bonanza recently.

There are several other ways of keeping up:

• For our official projects you can always find the latest release of everything, both full releases and pre-releases if you're feeling daring, here:  https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases
  • Additionally, the main page of your repo has a table on it with our projects and will always have a link to the latest version (but we need to get the 3000 on there):  https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages
  • If you want, you can always sign up for github and get notifications whenever we release something, too.
  • We make announcements regarding progress and new releases on our discord server: https://discord.gg/UFbpQsu
  • And if none of that strikes your fancy...  just wait a little bit.   It's possible we might have some automatic update notifications in our avionics soon. 😄
13 hours ago, LarryD said:

I am almost wondering if AVSIM would be a good place to actually give them their own forum where those of us interested can following everything the Working Title Group is putting out.

Oh dear. 😄

8 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

I haven’t had this issue. 

Looks like you need to have NEXRAD enabled on the map for it to happen. Did you have it enabled? If not, enable NEXRAD on the map then press FPL twice and I guess you will see the right part of the map stays black.

https://i.postimg.cc/hjcB910q/Screen-Hunter-189-17-Oct-20-13-44.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/254YbKhw/Screen-Hunter-190-17-Oct-20-13-44.jpg

First image is without NEXRAD, second is with NEXRAD enabled. Guess NEXRAD is bugging the map. The plane seems to be in the water but it is in the airport.

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

8 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Watch that video I linked in my previous post... it covers this exactly. 

I did look at that, he seems to be using the G3000, not the G1000 system as best as I can tell.

Al

Noticed an issue with 3.1 pre release and the Turbo G36 V2 - the prop rpm gauge does not function when 3.1 is active. Works fine with 3.0 ort default but when 3.1 is active prop rpm shows 0. This is with no other mods active

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

2 hours ago, ark said:

I did look at that, he seems to be using the G3000, not the G1000 system as best as I can tell.

Al

word not allowed... you’re right. I totally forgot that. Sorry. 

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

Noticed an issue with 3.1 pre release and the Turbo G36 V2 - the prop rpm gauge does not function when 3.1 is active. Works fine with 3.0 ort default but when 3.1 is active prop rpm shows 0. This is with no other mods active

I think this is perhaps part of the same issue me and others have experienced. Seems intermittent and not directly due to 0.3.1.  It might be  another Asobo bug bleeding thru. I managed a perfect flight today with Turbo G36 V2 and the G1000 mod V0.3.1. I was airborne for 1:50 on a full flighplan ending in an ILS approach. Perfect flight.

This thread may have reference:

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Hello, I've run into an issue using this mod, currently using v 0.3.1.  I had this happen to me on a flight last night departing KORS.  I tried loading up the same flight tonight, same issue.  I tried loading the aircraft at another airport, KHAF, and no issue.  When I disable the G1000 mod the issue goes away.

5S5TWFy.jpg

It changes colour too, I think it was grey on the ground, maybe red at one point too?

It looks like a texture for something that's displaying too big, but I'm not sure what that symbol is?

Thanks

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU