Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Biology

Is it a good idea to get into Prepar3D now?

29 minutes ago, flycln said:

and the TFDI 717.

there is something about TFDi 717 /Milviz 350i that completely tanks my 2080ti, probably real light-feature. Totally volatile solution in v5 despite numerous "beta"versions provided by tfdi. 

this is a tfdi issue, not P3D. to make it clear.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , Turbocharged, EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

9 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

this is a tfdi issue, not P3D.

That's exactly what I said.

3 minutes ago, flycln said:

That's exactly what I said.

i know, but in my response I also wanted to make that very clear that I was not blaming the sim. (many perceive me as very anti-P3D)

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , Turbocharged, EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

2 hours ago, GCBraun said:

These shots are not doing P3D any favours. 

In my eyes LM has *a lot* of work to do to offer a comparable experience when it comes to night flying. 

F7da4Pt.jpg

r537YdX.jpg

k3xYuVb.jpg

As I wrote : at low altitude MSFS looks very good, but imho overdone.

My screenshot is from 5000 ft... Then you see less detail ....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/euj5cqlz8uzfmuj/Foto 07-10-2020 16 16 20.png?dl=0

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

4 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

I dialed my setting once, accordingly to my hardware. Never looked on the VRAM usage again.

But there are of course some people that are challenged intellectually to stay inside the possibilities of their hardware.

Haha yeah people who are new or don't know any better are obviously stupid. Stay classy, Joe.

Frankly reading though this post is shameful,

Rob with his huge chip on his shoulder putting down MSFS as hard as he can all the time. Unlike all the things he normally does, now totally basis and does not ever try to balancing what he says out. Up until MSFS coming out he always did and why he is one of the most respected people on the forum but this constant bashing and none of it this time is truly balanced.

LOWI Orbx has some floating building or flying orbs, O really do all addon airport for P3D always work perfectly with no floating builds or small bugs?, no, but no vid's of that! all addons for P3D are always perfect just like P3D v5 was out the box. Perfect. Lets not forget how long it also took for HF2 to come. It was inop before that..lets forget a!, No, lets just brush over all that and put down a sim that less that 2 months old. The best you can do is say it look good low..really!

Red sky, but lets forget or not talk about how breath-taking it is the other 98% of the time. P3D, Shall I make countless videos of clouds clipping hills/mountains. Clouds looking totally flat.... Airport standing out like sore thumbs O the list could go on for pagers. Best to go out your way to make a vid of a white orbs and a red sky like that the norm. 

Render scale over 100% is a FPS hit, really well at 4k why would anyone want to, most people who are on 4k run it at 80% not more, tell us, if you run render scale at 200% it brings even you PC to its knees, well if you want to run it at 8k well....( that's just to show what render scale does) There is no need to run MSFS not even on my 1080 do I feel a need to turn render scale up. Render scale is making the sim run at a higher screen res that you have, never a good idea. Run P3D TE at 5k and tell us how that does? No need to run render scale at 120 at 4k unless you want a FPS drop ofc. 

TE looks better, well that's also personal taste and then insight people how many TE regions there is. The world is in TE with MSFS and even you say you have to turn off shadowing, well no need to do that even on a 6 year old PC. I have toured Spain, Norway, UK and the west cost of the USA all looking nothing like I've seen before. I don't need a NASA PC and TITANS to run it.

Also MSFS LOD is getting a fix and even hopefully an upgrade next month. O and it runs fine on a 6GB 1070 6 year old PC. But lets post VRAM Screenshot that normal people could never see or go out there way to see. Also You need to point out your card has 24 GB VRAM far from the norm.

Try 1070 6GB in P3D right now and make a vid showing how far you have to dial back your setting as DX12 = VRAM CTD. But again lets gloss over all that DX12 VRAM limits stuff. Go over your cards VRAM, BANG but now lets show some outrageous setting showing MSFS can use more VRAM. P3D v5x is going to need a 3090 as much as any sim to run 4k and config  hacks/tweaks. That you cannot set though the UI.

Can you not see how "unlike" Rob this is Rob?

Gerard, set up cannot not even MSFS as he has a sim with a fantastic NG full cockpit. and always going out his way to put it down, just look at his post history and judge for yourself. Why, no idea its a shame as a guy I have respect for, for sharing his shader etc for people. Shame.

As for Joe, well Alex summed he up perfectly. " I don't have a good internet, so I hate it and want everyone else to" , it started well before MSFS even came out. Again look up post history don't take my word for it.

------

So for anyone that's new and would like to know if P3D v5 is worth buying or enjoying. Yes it is and it is the best sim for airline flying without question. FSL and PMDG. I would wait for 5.1 and then dive in if airline flying is the way you want to go. Its perfect. Just be warned you need to spend a lot of money if you want to add all the addons most people here and myself own. 

Am not going to go into MSFS because this is the P3D forum and you just get the word not allowed that cannot see beyond there noises or cannot stand change. If you want airliners = P3D v5.1 want to fly a F-18= DCS, I wont say anymore. If you want a true insight into how good P3D is and how good MSFS this is not the forum to ask and is clear to see. Also nore is the MSFS forum. Sadly. I feel for anyone who is new and want a good insight into what's "best"

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Agreed. Lots of people are extremely financially and emotionally invested in P3D so it's obviously no surprise they go very far to defend it. The sad thing though is that some of those people, who used to be helpful and friendly, now seem to go all in on bashing everything and everyone that raises any sort of criticism against P3D. I guess if you built yourself a name by posting an endless number of tweaks and your skills are now obsolete, that causes a lot of frustration.

Personally, for me it's not about comparing software A and software B and which one is better right now or eats more VRAM etc. For me it's all about the future and where we're going and the level of interaction between users and developers and where 3rd party developers put their effort and so on. In that sense, my answer to the question asked by the creator of this topic is: No, not a chance.

I don't see anyone making any sim looking bad. Mostly, Mostly the posts are more objective and less subjective.

Both sims have their pros and cons. And almost everyone is exactly writing that here. 

And as for the LOD.....it is one of the things you can compare 1:1 and it is a fact that the vram usage in P3D is not that high compared to MSFS. That is no emotional opinion....it is a fact.

Well....guys.....what about stopping comparing them.......why is it necessary? We can stop that and just enjoy the sims for the cases the sim is the strongest at....

VFR Sim A

IFR Sim B

Or whatever......

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

58 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Frankly reading though this post is shameful,

Rob with his huge chip on his shoulder putting down MSFS as hard as he can all the time. Unlike all the things he normally does, now totally basis and does not ever try to balancing what he says out. Up until MSFS coming out he always did and why he is one of the most respected people on the forum but this constant bashing and none of it this time is truly balanced.

LOWI Orbx has some floating building or flying orbs, O really do all addon airport for P3D always work perfectly with no floating builds or small bugs?, no, but no vid's of that! all addons for P3D are always perfect just like P3D v5 was out the box. Perfect. Lets not forget how long it also took for HF2 to come. It was inop before that..lets forget a!, No, lets just brush over all that and put down a sim that less that 2 months old. The best you can do is say it look good low..really!

Red sky, but lets forget or not talk about how breath-taking it is the other 98% of the time. P3D, Shall I make countless videos of clouds clipping hills/mountains. Clouds looking totally flat.... Airport standing out like sore thumbs O the list could go on for pagers. Best to go out your way to make a vid of a white orbs and a red sky like that the norm. 

Render scale over 100% is a FPS hit, really well at 4k why would anyone want to, most people who are on 4k run it at 80% not more, tell us, if you run render scale at 200% it brings even you PC to its knees, well if you want to run it at 8k well....( that's just to show what render scale does) There is no need to run MSFS not even on my 1080 do I feel a need to turn render scale up. Render scale is making the sim run at a higher screen res that you have, never a good idea. Run P3D TE at 5k and tell us how that does? No need to run render scale at 120 at 4k unless you want a FPS drop ofc. 

TE looks better, well that's also personal taste and then insight people how many TE regions there is. The world is in TE with MSFS and even you say you have to turn off shadowing, well no need to do that even on a 6 year old PC. I have toured Spain, Norway, UK and the west cost of the USA all looking nothing like I've seen before. I don't need a NASA PC and TITANS to run it.

Also MSFS LOD is getting a fix and even hopefully an upgrade next month. O and it runs fine on a 6GB 6 year old PC.

Gerard, set up cannot not even MSFS as he has a sim with a fantastic NG full cockpit. and always going out his way to put it down, just look at his post history and judge for yourself. Why, no idea its a shame as a guy I have respect for, for sharing his shader etc for people. Shame.

As for Joe, well Alex summed he up perfectly. " I don't have a good internet, so I hate it and want everyone else to" , it started well before MSFS even came out. Again look up post history don't take my word for it.

------

So for anyone that's new and would like to know if P3D v5 is worth buying or enjoying. Yes it is and it is the best sim for airline flying without question. FSL and PMDG. I would wait for 5.1 and then drive in if airline flying is the way you want to go. Its perfect. Just be warned you need to spend a lot of money if you want to add all the addons 

Imho Rob is pointing to issues with MSFS as he does with P3D. And he tests everything and comes with facts 

Look at the Avsim MSFS forum : if someone is mentioning issues more than once, the chance is that he gets flamed by the MSFS defenders. Myself I got flamed too several times. Why, because I expressed my opinion as I think that all eyecandy is too much to also have complex jetliners and a smooth sim. And that the SDK is not enhanced enough.

At the official MS forums the atmosphere is totally different ; people can talk about their issues and others admit that they also have issues. And they discuss it in a more civilized way.

Lots of MSFS users defending MSFS and attacking issues-writers, where also P3D or XP users who complained about each thing they found and now are accepting all issues as it is just released.

That I call a Shame...

I have MSFS too and I mostly read the official MSFS forum as there things are discussed from all sides...

Btw : there is an Arabic saying “Don’t spit in the well you have drunk from...”

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I have no wish to fall out will anyone Gerard, but I don't see Rob doing a balance review here, show me were he points out P3D faults here to balance it out in this topic? That's why I tried to show the other side of the coin.

Your best friends or your real friends will tell you to your face if they disagree with you or feel your wrong, your don't have to fall out with them. "friends" that just agree with you all the time are just fair weather friends.

I Am not "Don’t spit in the well you have drunk from" because unlike a lot of people I can see and enjoy more than one sim, its a concept some find hard to grasp. Just because I like one does not been I have to "spit" on the others never have done. I would always tell people to use P3D for airliners because that's the perfect sim. I also said that above, a far cry from “Don’t spit in the well you have drunk from..."

I also said MSFS Forum is no better than here, so just what is your point?

The topic is "

• Is it a good idea to get into Prepar3D now?
  •  
  •  
  • Answer imo is no, wait for 5.1, how does a topic with that title turn into Vid's putting down MSFS? 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

6 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I have no wish to fall out will anyone Gerard, but I don't see Rob doing a balance review here, show me were he points out P3D faults here to balance it out in this topic? That's why I tried to show the other side of the coin.

I Am not "Don’t spit in the well you have drunk from" because unlike a lot of people I can see and enjoy more than one sim, its a concept some find hard to grasp. Just because I like one does not been I have to "spit" on the others never have done. I would always tell people to use P3D for airliners because that's the perfect sim. I also said that above, a far cry from “Don’t spit in the well you have drunk from..."

The topic is "

•  
  •  
  • Answer imo is no, wait for 5.1, how does a topic with that title turn into Vid's putting down MSFS? 

Not everyone is able to look at sims/games from a distance David. That was my point.

Regarding Rob, Over the years he has pointed to flaws with P3D versions and updates, But none had that big issues as MSFS had/has. So like before he is pointing to them only they are bigger.. And now people are jumping on him as it seems a “crime” to point to issues . 

If you look up past posts about MSFS from me you will find that I several times wrote that if I could connect Prosim to MSFS and WidevieW I would purchase it right away. 
It is really far from that....

I now have MSFS as I thought that the 787 issues would have been fixed with the last updates. The jetliners remain with issues but the Japan scenery has been updated...  

People were complaining about tweaking in P3D. MSFS is the tweak game at this moment, A lot of good guys are trying to fix what has been broken .
Wow..,, Imho fix the base before expanding. 

Why, I do not know but I never had big issues with whatever P3D version. I can fly hours with my Prosim config and 2 P3D pc’s and all is stable. With MSFS I have all kind of issues...

If only we all could talk reasonable about all sims/games. No hard feelings 😉

29 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Your best friends or your real friends will tell you to your face if they disagree with you or feel your wrong, your don't have to fall out with them. "friends" that just agree with you all the time are just fair weather friends.

The topic is "

•  
  •  

Suggest you use the ignore user feature for Rob then as it appears by the large amount of text used in your replies, he is stressing you out. Might even give you a few more minutes of free time instead of composing these long responses.

Eric 

Everyone is welcome here and if there are questions about P3D many will be glad to help 🤓

- - - - - 

Regarding P3Dv5 : I think that with V5 and DX12 and the upcoming V5.1, with improved EA and new addon releases, you can’t go wrong 

40 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

The topic is "

•  
  •  

Rob is so unbiased that there is a video of him suggesting to wait for 5.1 right before HF2 was released (you can find it in his youtube channel)... I don't really understand why you want to attack him for sharing his point of view?

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

You right Rob did say P3D v5 was released to soon. Rob's a great guy. If you did your homework you would know I always have a huge amount of respect for him. But you will be hard pressed to find a topic where he consistently says anything positive about MSFS. 95% its all negative and imo not balanced. imo that's out of character for him. That what I really don't understand. This topic is just one example of how he seem to come across about the sim. Read though his post history.

I was not attacking him. I was pointing out the other side of the coin as I pointed out if you had read though my points. 

@Eric, behave.

43 minutes ago, GSalden said:

If only we all could talk reasonable about all sims/games. No hard feelings 😉

Ofc No hard feeling, we have known each other way to long. Like I said you can disagree with people you respect and like. 

No hard feeling at all Gerard.