Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

MSFS Development Status Update Thread

First- a BIG thank-you to @ScotFlieger and @guenseli for the MSFS default aircraft module.  I look forward to its continued evolution as the sim grows.  In re other aircraft, I read the issue was the state of the SDK,  I also read that the SDK is evolving with each patch.  Is it possible to get an update on this occasionally?  I am (at the moment) most interested in the Carenado Mooney, but as the market grows, my needs will too.  It's very difficult to fly without LINDA!

Thanks again!

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Hello Carl,

the Carenado is currently the only developer who has released an aircraft. Devs say, the SDK is too incomplete still.

I have no interest in buying any Carendao aircraft as I do not like the company as they have mostly released word not allowed in the past, sorry. Don't know how the Mooney is in MSFS?

From our side, we have the same problem with FSUIPC, as the Dowsons still gather themselfes which variables work or not. Not too much currently we can do.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@guenseli

Guenter- the Carenado Mooney is by far the best aircraft currently available in MSFS (can you even believe I am saying that?)!  It is both a representation of the sad state of current aircraft development and default aircraft, AND Carenado's {hopefully) new attitude to patch and fix until actually complete.  Prior to this I will agree- pretty and useless.  If you change your mind, I would be grateful.  If not, I will anxiously await the first  LINDA'D 3rd party aircraft 🙂

Have a read if you have time... 

• Upvote 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

@guenseli

Guenter-

I have noticed that my VS button doesn't seem to change AP modes to VS...thereby allowing selectable ascent/descent rates.  I have verified that pressing the button in the VC seems to work fine... any ideas?

Thanks mate!

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

@cavaricooper

Do you talk about the Carenado mooney or MSFS in general?

I will answer you via mail ...

Guenter Steiner

@guenseli

Guenter- got the VS synced and working properly- thank-you!  As the A320, 777 and 747-8 are default aircraft, is there any capacity to add EFIS control, FLCH, Managed SPD, ALT and HDG (SEL works)? I haven't tried L/VNAV in the Boeings yet. Don't know if that all will need a real SDK... just wondering aloud as I read about the SDK additions recently.

Thank-you to both you and Andrew for all you do for us!

C

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Carl,

try some of the default functions, they work

Autopilot ALT hold

Autopilot HDG hold

Autopilot NAV hold (for LNAV)

VNAV and FLCH still do not work.

Any EFIS controls do not work also unfortunately

Guenter Steiner

Guenter-

Yes the HOLD/SELECTED work fine... it's the Fifi Managed modes, VNAV, FLCH and EIFIS I was asking about.... understood, will wait for the SDK to develop.

Thanks again!

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Purchased FSUIPC7 and looking forward to more LINDA development as soon as the SDK allows!  Thanks for all you do!

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I've got a list of the Lvars of the MSFS Aerosoft CRJ, and many if not all of the names are the same as the P3D version. I'm therefore assuming that although the internals work differently, at least the interface remains the same. Is there therefore a chance that the P3D LINDA module could be adapted to use in MSFS?

Petraeus

+1  Yes please

Petraues, where did you find the Lvars for the CRJ?

Edited by lancealotg

Yes please. It would be great to get the lights and the ALT knob working on the Honeycomb devices for the CRJ.

I would if I could, but I see no practical way apart from an extremely long list in a post. I don't have my own site to host files on.

Petraeus