Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

VL3 Rotax 915 mod

Drop in your Community folder

We've worked really hard for this so far.  If you're looking for a speedy GA with great cockpit visibility, this is it

https://github.com/r9r-dev/fs2020-vl3-rotax915/releases/tag/v0.10

50412486946_c7f1db257a_o.pngmodpic1 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

50411830633_2ea86bd53e_o.pngmodpic2 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hello Ryan

Love the plane, but.....I never could get it to trim.  I move the trim lever, but it never holds the position and keeps going back to neutral.  Am I missing something?

I tried all sorts of throttle positions thinking maybe by reducing power, the plane would pitch forward but there was never a change other than staying at a neutral position.  Great airplane, though, especially love the retracts !!

Trim worked ok for me, but in cockpit I could see some weird glitter in the prop circle. At first i thought it might be reflections in the clear canopy, because I was seeing red reflections in other spots.

The best real-world G3X Touch 10" feature is to option to switch from tapes display to round gauges (classic six-pack displayed od G3X screen). I use this always when flying the real-world Tecnam P2008JC MkII, it feels far more natural for VFR for me. Unfortunately not represented in MFS2020. 

12 hours ago, anitelite said:

Hello Ryan

Love the plane, but.....I never could get it to trim.  I move the trim lever, but it never holds the position and keeps going back to neutral.  Am I missing something?

I tried all sorts of throttle positions thinking maybe by reducing power, the plane would pitch forward but there was never a change other than staying at a neutral position.  Great airplane, though, especially love the retracts !!

I only use hardware trim...so I'm not sure.  Probably an issue from Asobo.  The plane is a disaster compared to the real one.  We fixed what we could on the avioincs and flight model.

Also could the person with prop issue show me a pic?  We saw issues with the default white canopy and Asobos default windscreen effects but have fixed it with a darker interior texture.

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Wow!  Sincere thanks for this.  I will give it a fly!  👍

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Thanks! I'll have to try this mod out.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

For some reason I get just one black aircraft/livery in the normal plane selector but in the developer menu I get two choices one black aircraft and one red.

4 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

For some reason I get just one black aircraft/livery in the normal plane selector but in the developer menu I get two choices one black aircraft and one red.

Hmmm, that's interesting lol.  You don't even see the default orange/black racing livery?  It should be selectable separate from the default VL3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

5 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Hmmm, that's interesting lol.  You don't even see the default orange/black racing livery?  It should be selectable separate from the default VL3

I get both the Asobo default VL3 and one separate Rotax 915 option in the normal game menu, probably what you call the orange/black livery. The second Rotax livery needs me to use the developer mode where it shows up as a third VL3.

Looks great!  I get 2 VERY SEXEH liveries, the red and black one in your screenshot above and the orange/silver racing one.  Flew just fine on a very quick spin and didn't notice any trim issues.  Looking forward to checking it out more thoroughly in the near future, thanks very much for this!  I did make sure that I didn't have your previous mod for this aircraft in the community folder.

ii5YUMY.jpg

25kSXVQ.jpg

• Like 2

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Thanks....more liveries will come!

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Hey, I just found out about that mod in the flightimulator.com Forums and immediately went to Github to grab it 🙂

I have one question: Do I need to pay attention to the name of the folder, so the Working Title G3X Mod gets loaded AFTER the plane (since you also seem to have included some G3X mods, but recommend using the WTs G3X Mod also)?

Naw.  Just drop both the VL3 and G3X folders into Community

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

On 10/5/2020 at 3:47 AM, Stoopy said:

Looks great!  I get 2 VERY SEXEH liveries, the red and black one in your screenshot above and the orange/silver racing one.  Flew just fine on a very quick spin and didn't notice any trim issues.  Looking forward to checking it out more thoroughly in the near future, thanks very much for this!  I did make sure that I didn't have your previous mod for this aircraft in the community folder.

ii5YUMY.jpg

25kSXVQ.jpg

That top livery is amazing tho