Sign in to follow this  
Bad_T

Another tool to organize your MSFS addons easily

Hi,

For the launch of the sim I use "FSJumpStarter2020.exe" and it works without any problem. But the addon linker tool does not close on launching the sim. Is it normal?

Thanks.

Patrice Dubois

Sincerely, I would use this tool only for liveries as the default MSFS UI is a pain and I have to search for an A320 livery for 5 mins within the sim if I have the MegaPack installed.

So would it be possible to quickly have a thumbnail of each livery with this tool? Maybe it is what you were talking about before so I apologize if that's the case.

Thank you

patrice : cool if you just set the 'FSJumpStarter2020.exe' path in the option screen and it works. That would be easier than those complicated 'ms store links' .. i haven't tried it yet, is it only for store version or also steam ? and yes it's normal that the program doesn't close because i didnt program it to close 🤪. I prefer to let people choose when they want to close the program 😁🙃. But now, in the latest version, there is a warning if you try to enable/disable addons while the simulator is running.

noooch : the tool lets you see the thumbnail, but you have to hover your mouse over a little icon. I didnt want to always show the pic because it would take too much UI space. The tool also has a search feature that let you maybe quickly filter the liveries you want to check out. But probably you're looking for something more geared towards livery selection and the current feature probably won't be good enough, i will think about it. I didn't download that megapack so i don't really know how things is organised there

JooNbHF.png

Edited by Bad_T
  • Like 1

@Bad-T I've just tried FSJumpStarter2020.exe in MSFS_Addons  and I'm happy with it😃

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

yeah that's cool Martin, and it seems that that little tool will work with both steam and ms store/dvd version so it's even easier, i will still add the pre-made options in the program so that user can choose whatever they want (official link to store / official link to steam / or custom EXE like fsjumpstarter)

Edited by Bad_T
  • Upvote 1

Thanks😃

Martin

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

for info i posted a new version to flightsim.to with a few more requests filled.

thank you to everyone who helped me with ideas and suggestions 👍

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Is there a way to edit the Content Type for a mod? Ones that show nothing or "unknown" I'd like to edit to show UTILITY, AIRPORT, etc.

Edited by Phantoms
spelling

James

23 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

Is there a way to edit the Content Type for a mod? Ones that show nothing or "unknown" I'd like to edit to show UTILITY, AIRPORT, etc.

I made folders to mark them.

Stephan from Germany

My System

34 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

This is defined as a plain-text field in a mod's manifest.json.   If you were feeling a little bold you could edit that yourself, or add it when one is missing.

13 hours ago, Phantoms said:

hello, yes Phantoms, as koasfere said, it's just value that is read by the tool in the manifest.json file (which is a simple text file that you can open with notepad).

so yeah you can probably change it there (it's the 'content_type' value) but i'm not sure what impact (if any) it could have because that field is usually filled by the mod maker when he creates his project and it seems to have some fixed pre-determined values (CORE / SCENERY / AIRCRAFT / ...)

But yeah, if you try to change one, you'll see the value appearing correctly in the tool, but then just check that the mod still work fine if you do so (it probably will).

Let us know if you need more than that, thank you.

I have an interesting scenario: I have this, but greyed out on the Community folder side, aircraft-boeing747-400_CVT_ under name and <could not read manifest.json file> in the title column.

I have tried to remove it from MSFS Addons Linker, but it stays put. There is no file of that name in my Aircraft sub folder in the Community folder!

The said plane works fine, but I removed it and this manifest.json remains in your software.

Any ideas?

Martin

Martin Parr

Hello Martin,

can you maybe post a little screenshot of what you are seeing both in the 'Addons' and 'Community' lists for that addon (in the options screen, maybe put in horizontal mode before the screenshot so i can see all columns), it might help me understand what you are seeing.

I'm sure (i hope 😜) that it's something very simple to fix or to explain but without seeing it's a bit difficult to reply precisely.

thank you.

How can I add a screenshot on this forum (I do not use third party url mechanisms)?

Martin

Martin Parr