Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

Just Flight Traffic Global our of beta

Saw on FSElite... I own UTLive but disappointed from the outdated liveries and the delay in several years of the so called power pack release.

Looking for recommendations to upgrade to traffic global now that it's out of beta?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

23 minutes ago, Shomron said:

Saw on FSElite... I own UTLive but disappointed from the outdated liveries and the delay in several years of the so called power pack release.

Looking for recommendations to upgrade to traffic global now that it's out of beta?

Get AIMG-OCI - Free .. problem solved.

S.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, simbol said:

Get AIMG-OCI - Free .. problem solved.

S.

Don't want the hassle around the installation of all separate packages 😊

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

7 minutes ago, Shomron said:

Which hassle? Its nearly installing itself.

• Like 2

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

18 minutes ago, Shomron said:

start AIM, perform a bulk selection of all airlines - no need to select each flightplan 😉

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Ok guys thanks for the tips I guess it's no longer a hassle or maybe it never was and I don't remember correctly 😃

Any disadvantages when comparing to the payware?

Shom

Traffic Global and UTLive is pretty much same level (own them both). 

the biggest pet peeve is that Global Traffic overwrites many afcads(?) and you basically must delete that folder - or rename it whatever suits you

(the general idea is good - these afcads are designed to accomodate ai planes, however many navaids such as ILSes were offset for me because of this other Afcad)

But I would recommend AIM solution. 

Edited by SAS443

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , Turbocharged, EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

I have the Traffic Global early access version installed, and the experience was poor. It works fine at major airports and in specific areas, but it killed all traffic at most medium and smaller airports. The AFCAD files mentioned above are really annoying and create all kinds of problems with other third-party programs. Also, I was unable to fully uninstall the early access version and, as a result, could not reinstall UT Live, which I much preferred. Yes, TG has newer and nicer liveries, but UT Live was better in almost every other aspect. To be frank, I am not sure I will install the full version of TG. I learned to live without traffic at most airports and don't want to mess up my system even more. 

Peter

1 hour ago, Shomron said:

Ok guys thanks for the tips I guess it's no longer a hassle or maybe it never was and I don't remember correctly 😃

you'll have to decide what else to spend your money on...

• Like 2

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

3 hours ago, Shomron said:

AIG install takes a while, but the process is pretty simple.

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 hours ago, Shomron said:

AIG doesn’t have the “live” feature of ut live, which mirrors reality by having some planes arrive late or not at all. If you remember the 2017 schedules (or whatever ancient data) ut live uses, the lack of that feature would be highly immersion breaking.

Traffic global can break your install (well, at least that’s what the beta did to me), forcing you to reinstall p3d, and a clean sim install often increases your performance which is good.

Also, i did try a traffic global reinstall a while back, and despite that have never seen this program put a single AI plane at an airport. The post-apocalyptic vibe this beings to the sim matches 2020 real-world aviation well for many locations. AIG don’t have this china virus/zombie apocalypse option, which is disappointing.

Apart from those downers, AIG is better in pretty much every other category, so it’s probably worth a try.

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I installed the new version yesterday to have a look-see out of curiosity. To me, TG is good and simple if you just want to add traffic to your sim and not care about any sort of realism. Right off the bat, and I'm not sure how this made it past beta testers but EVERY airline flight operates at FL350 regardless of their direction of flight (the cargo flights seem to use random 3 numbered altitudes). Then just looking just at North America for example, the United, and Alaska 737 fleets are still all non-winglet B737-900's, there's lots of various missing types. If you go to LAX, SFO or any other large airport, there's still essentially zero international traffic. The airlines schedules are also very bizarre, every aircraft repeats the exact same 1-2 return flights a day, 7 days a week which results in massive fleets of dormant aircraft.

Looking through the cargo schedule just for a few examples. It looks as though almost ALL of the city pairings seem to be random, I see a Nippon Cargo B747-8 that operates daily just between Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas to Mountain Home AFB in Utah? Or a China Cargo B757 that operates only between Long Beach California to Miramar MCAS? A FedEx A300 that only operates only between Bogota, Columbia to RAF Mount Pleasant in the Falkland Islands?  They also have Cargolux operating 23 B747-8F's (they have 14 irl) and NONE of them operate to/from their homebase of Luxembourg ELLX. FedEx and UPS while are sort of included are very random and non existent at KMEM or KSDF.

Just a very odd assortment of traffic overall.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

20 minutes ago, simfan1983 said:

Does AIG have GA traffic yet?

some (mostly biz jets)

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png