Sign in to follow this  
MelanieTV

No wet runways with live weather?

I have downloaded Sofly's  weather presets, and with rain, you certainly see wet runways 🙂👍

I agree, I have not seen it either in Live Weather. There are LOTS of problems with Live Weather. 

• Like 6

I also noticed that there are no wet runways in live weather when it's raining. Also what I find unrealistic is how quickly the runway/ground dries when it stops raining when you use weather presets and actually see wet runways. It would be much more realistic if the ground stayed wet for much longer like in real life and we could enjoy the nice wet ground reflections. 

8 hours ago, steve310002 said:

I also noticed that there are no wet runways in live weather when it's raining. 

I also noticed there's not much rain when it's raining.

I did get wet runways with rain

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Yhh iam sure its pretty safe to say the rain wet effects is connected to the presets. The guys on the MSFS forum saying same.

Roi Ben

I can only repeat what I already wrote in the MSFS forum, it seems that it is only wet when there is a super heavy rain:

there are no wet aprons with live weather - I have already noted this in the alpha and sent it to ZENDESK - even with heavy rain! if you set the weather manually you can see the water puddles but I have never seen them with live weather.
no matter how long I waited, they were not visible. I think they should be visible even with light rain. It is a bug but apparently not important enough !! ! and they are always shown from a special “angle” (like above) you should see them from the cockpit or do you bend down if you want to see wet road ! ?
you have to vote for this here or send several reports to Zendesk otherwise nothing happens !

BR!

Edited by AUA425
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

I was wondering why I have never seen wet runways and taxi ways but have seen them in videos uploaded by simmers! I have never used a preset.  Its live weather all the way.

🤬

after the update there are still no wet runways and taxi ways.

Edited by MelanieTV

You will see it only in severe rain. The moment the rain becomes less then severe, in less then a minute the aprons are dry. 

Some people said they made Asobo aware since early Alpha but it never got addressed.

Roi Ben

I am seeing wet runway with live weather. Try LPPT now and you will see too. Can't fly the 172 in this weather, lol.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

2 hours ago, Alvega said:

I am seeing wet runway with live weather. Try LPPT now and you will see too. Can't fly the 172 in this weather, lol.

I dont know what you see or which settings you have.

i can tell you...me and my friend have now over 200h in msfs and we never had wet runways in europe....and we had a lot of rain the last weeks.

I haven't even seen normal rain either.

Yes some raindrops 2 weeks ago on the cockpit window...but not more.

Edited by MelanieTV
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MelanieTV said:

I dont know what you see or which settings you have.

i can tell you...me and my friend have now over 200h in msfs and we never had wet runways in europe....and we had a lot of rain the last weeks.

I haven't even seen normal rain either.

Yes some raindrops 2 weeks ago on the cockpit window...but not more.

As someone said above, light rain won't do it. Try LPFR now, heavy rain there and 38 knot wind gusts, lol.

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White