Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Do they think that we are a bunch of fools?

What is ASOBO doing?

My settings are still not saving.

I still hear thunderstorms with a few clouds.

I'm still pressing to start the game.

ASOBO is released patches that break the sim or don't fix anything. Making us waste our valuable time with these useless patches.

Now mod creators have to update their work and we need to wait some more because this developer doesn't have a clue of what they are doing.

Only to have to do it again in a few weeks. Disgrace!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

In what world do you live in that developers should have to make sure they don't break every single mod out there when trying to actively fix a sim?  There is fixes in this just because it didn't fix what YOU wanted does not mean they are not doing anything at all.

• Like 4

Was the thunderstorm issue and press a key fix included in the patch notes? 

You just revealed yourself as a fool....

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 3

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

10 minutes ago, DJJose said:

What is ASOBO doing?

ASOBO is released patches that break the sim or don't fix anything. Making us waste our valuable time with these useless patches.

Now mod creators have to update their work and we need to wait some more because this developer doesn't have a clue of what they are doing.

Make sure your Nvidia Experience isn't set to Automatically Optimize. It has overridden some people's settings.

• Like 3

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

17 minutes ago, DJJose said:

What is ASOBO doing?

Give up on it in this forum. Over in the official one the criticism is real and still civilized. Leave the rest to the people who are content. It's similar to the COVID discussion, you can't argue with many people who believe everything they are being told.  

Edited by hjsmuc

Hans

22 minutes ago, DJJose said:

What is ASOBO doing?

Time to take a break from the whole Simulator Thing. . . 

Go do some Real World for a bit.

Realise, it's only a game.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, DJJose said:

What is ASOBO doing?

I remember the days (not so long ago) with other Flight Sims where I would suffer CTD's every other flight, the scenery was blurry and frame rates rarely got above 30.  I think I can live with the sound of thunder every now and then and spend literally one second a day pressing a button to start the game for a sim this good.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Was the thunderstorm issue and press a key fix included in the patch notes? 

You just revealed yourself as a fool....

its on thier development update road map that they removed the Press any key from the startup process.. obviously something went wrong.. the thunder is a side effect of the last patch... I havent seen that on the roadmap to get fixed at all.

I honestly think some people here are paid by MS or Asobo, because while previously I had been unable to complete any flight under any flight plan, now, post patch I have no airplanes except for a c152. Now I know I will be told that its my system, or its my impatience or whatever, but the product is just obviously broken and I am not sure its getting better.

Some will say, “bye bye, I am having a great time” and eventually all that will be left here are those that somehow tolerate the dreck (translate dog’s dinner)  that was marketed to us and that we bought. Someone here posted that they flew a complete IFR flight with ATC in IMC in the airbus along with multiple other aircraft (not sure they were real or players)  that were miraculously sequenced into landing all while IFR. I have desperately tried to repeat this in the futile hope I am wrong in my judgement.  Let’s just say, no joy on my end. 

Maybe the true answer is what’s been staring us in the face every time we launch....XBOX

Edited by mjw8899
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

Give up on it in this forum. Over in the official one the criticism is real and still civilized.

Probably because complaining about problems over on the official forum where Asobo lives actually does something and makes issues known to them. But creating duplicate topics venting about the same issues on a forum Asobo pays no mind to doesnt do anything.

4 minutes ago, AmeliaCat said:

I havent seen that on the roadmap to get fixed at all.

Time for glasses my dude.

The "Press Any Key to Start" fix was a typo on the latest Feedback Snapshot, as explained in here. The rest is not included in the patch notes. This was obviously an attempt to fix the most pressing issues introduced with 1.9.3.0 while they're preparing a larger patch in their internal builds for Update 5. I would give them some more time as they are still tweaking their cadence, and from the looks of it no new issues have been introduced which is a good start.

Of course I would love to see bug fixes and general improvements arrive at a faster rate, but then I remember waiting for Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D patches and I shudder. It's somewhat understandable considering that Asobo were pretty much complete strangers to aviation, this franchise and this engine around 4 years ago, but I would agree that Microsoft rushed the product out of the door way too fast.

4 minutes ago, mjw8899 said:

I honestly think some people here are paid by MS or Asobo, because while previously I had been unable to complete any flight under any flight plan, now, post patch I have no airplanes except for a c152. Now I know I will be told that its my system, or its my impatience or whatever, but the product is just obviously broken and I am not sure its getting better.

Have you tried this? https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016763120-Only-2-aircraft-in-the-hangar-How-to-install-additional-content-

• Upvote 1

Flying CJ4 mod after the patch. CJ4 seems holding rock steady no oscillation issues. I didn't expect much from this patch frankly it more like a hot fix from the last patch. So take it easy dude!

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

7 minutes ago, mjw8899 said:

Maybe the true answer is what’s been staring us in the face every time we launch....XBOX

Xbox exists for the reason that most people are tired of constantly tweaking their computers.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

33 minutes ago, DJJose said:

What is ASOBO doing?

Looking for attention much? 

Asobo should hire you, you seem to know better than each and everyone of them....wait, actually....Why arent you working for Asobo?