Sign in to follow this  
rtodepart

Realsimgear now compatible with FS2020

Finally the realsimgear panels are now compatible with FS2020 . Just in case you don’t know who they are here’s their website. www.Realsimgear.com

now I’ll be able to start planning my setup since ill be moving to a new place with plenty of room for FS stuff . 

here’s a video of their panel’s working on FS2020 . 

Edited by rtodepart
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Very interesting!  I wonder if they work with 3rd party aircraft that use the same base GPS units (ie the 530 in the Carenado Mooney)?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 minute ago, regis9 said:

Very interesting!  I wonder if they work with 3rd party aircraft that use the same base GPS units (ie the 530 in the Carenado Mooney)?

Yes They should work . 

Only thing so far not working on the 530 is the COM flip button.  Been following the RSG Discord all day and the support was providing updates and working with users to help troubleshoot.  Gotta give them props!  I'm going to try the 530 in the Mooney tomorrow but I don't see anything being different as it's the same version as what's in the 172.

Does this run its own internal Garmin-emulating software, or is it just displaying the Asobo Garmin screen and sending button presses to it?

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

2 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

Does this run its own internal Garmin-emulating software, or is it just displaying the Asobo Garmin screen and sending button presses to it?

Appears to just be displaying the in-game Garmin (Reality-XP not being used like is required in FSX).

The price for the entire setup is what i really love . I have to wait till i move by the end of the month to find out exactly what space i have but must likely ill get the entire setup little by little. 

Edited by rtodepart

2 hours ago, rtodepart said:

Finally the realsimgear panels are now compatible with FS2020 .

Thanks for the heads-up! I have a bunch of their stuff!

• Like 1

I have the RSG GNS530.

The aircraft 'Im flying at the moment in MSFS is equipped with the 430.

I know that RSG sell a GNS430 as well, but do you think that I should be able to get the MSFS430 working on the RSG530 hardware?

I've tried, and very few buttons work.  The config INI file that is supplied is now encrypted, so I cant even check to see if there would be a way to map so that I could use my 530 hardware as a 430.

Can one G1000 panel swap between pfd/mfd duties on the fly?

James

1 hour ago, Little Jenny said:

Appears to just be displaying the in-game Garmin (Reality-XP not being used like is required in FSX).

I wonder how they have managed that, because several other threads I've seen about cockpit builders have indicated there is no way to pass information to the Asobo G1000 outside the sim, that the needed items are not made available via SimConnect.

I'd love to have a little utility that just mirrored the G1000 with all the buttons around it onto my 2nd screen or an iPad.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

They made it work on their Cirrus $4500 panels but not on the $2000 G1000 Hardware I suspect. Can someone confirm it works on the G1000 Panel they sell for $2000?

Got an answer back from RealsimGear Woo hoo!

Highlighted reply

Yes, we now have MSFS compatibility with all our G1000 products, including both variations of Cirrus packages and our G1000 suite.
Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

51 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Unfortunately I don't have enough desktop space for the G1000.

Cheers, Rob.

My Homecockpit uses Flightht Illusion 8 pack steam gauges. So I am thinking of rebuilding my cockpit with the G1000 PFD on the left, G1000MFD on the center and the 8 pack flight illusion guages on the right.

This way when I am fly the PMDG airliner I can drag the 777 PFD and MFD over to the G1000 monitors.

LOL 🙂

Edited by Manny
  • Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I believe the G1000 still needs some work for MSFS on Asobo's side ... RSG they state limited functionality.  I only have the 530 and the 750 so no direct experience with the RSG G1000.

uc?export=view&id=1Tw0QlucikZXXNf7aanB_p

Unfortunately I don't have enough desktop space for the G1000.

uc?export=view&id=1JhCYOIrLkE9AhD79ZGXtE

Cheers, Rob.

Nice looking setup. Do the controls on the RSG GNS530 panel control the same controls of the default G1000 in sim or can it only control the knobs/etc. for the in sim GNS530 equipped planes?

James

Great Stuff!!!!

i will check it out and make sure all is working and include pictures

thank you

Bo Klop