Sign in to follow this  
kt069

My A320N always turns left - Advice Please !!!

Maybe the A320's a NASCAR fan?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

It's "noise" from the controller causing the autopilot to fail.

You have to set the deadzone big enough to exclude the noise.

Every controller is different.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, andrecarli737 said:

It is very likely that aileron inputs are overrding the AP Lnav mode, this should only happen when major inputs are commanded, so it would be nice to file a ticket at zendesk.

Actually please don’t file a zen desk ticket for a spiky controller...

13 hours ago, UKflyer said:

yeh, i don't have any issues with the 320 apart from flare control

After extensive testing, I found that the 320 requires a 50% throttle during approach. At this thrust setting, full flaps, AS 145, the aircraft has plenty of control authority for the flare.

It's not perfect, but I find that my landings are improving.  For some reason, lowering the throttle below the 50% mark, creates elevator control issues, even at higher speeds.

tc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShawnG said:

Actually please don’t file a zen desk ticket for a spiky controller...

it's not a spiky controller. my yoke doesn't have a definitive center position, just like the real ones, so it's always activating by 1 or 2%, this trigger the AP bug.

• Like 1

imyj2f-5.png

5 hours ago, andrecarli737 said:

it's not a spiky controller. my yoke doesn't have a definitive center position, just like the real ones, so it's always activating by 1 or 2%, this trigger the AP bug.

a couple points:

1.) the RW airplane that is being modeled has a sidestick with a dampened centering mechanism, not a yoke with a non definitive center position.  That might be part of the issue.

2.) I highly doubt that a deflection of just 1-2 percent will override the AP in MSFS, but to be fair I would have to check it myself.  I don't use a deadzone on my joystick, and I haven't had AP disconnect happen without noticeable movement to the stick.

Just to clarify. In my case, it is definitely not an issue with a single faulty controller. I tried 4 different controllers, 2 of which are brand new, with exactly the same problem. The 10% dead zone  was the only thing I found that fixed it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SennsCujo said:

Just to clarify. In my case, it is definitely not an issue with a single faulty controller. I tried 4 different controllers, 2 of which are brand new, with exactly the same problem. The 10% dead zone  was the only thing I found that fixed it.

Dead Zone %10 solved my problems. It is silly but this is the solution. Can not understand :) Bug of the sim.

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV