Sign in to follow this  
AmeliaCat

MY TWO CENTS - Just Have FUN

The below opinion was originally in response to another post by someone else but I decided to start my own because I didnt want any to think this was directed at them or that I was attacking anyone. DISCLAIMER : I love MSFS 2020  , yes has issues but I still love it,, Ive got over 200 hrs in it so far including a 49 state cross country flight. And I've been a real pilot in real planes in real life. Really ..lol  But not in 1776.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I play MSFS for instant gratification, its a video game. I am not spending anytime thinking about the game vs sim debate or what the health of the MSFS community is what the longevity of the game will be.  After all its only been out for 2 months  TWO MONTHS !!!!!!!  and already I see people arguing about how long its gonna last and what MS and ASOBO should be doing that they are not.

So many experts in the all the forums but apparently MS and Asobo didnt hire any them. All these out of work game developers and programmers and whatevers . Asobo is hiring by the way, go get a job show them how to make video games. OK I went off the rails here a bit not the original thought behind this post.

PIXELS... thats all MSFS is . Arrange them one way you have GTA , another way fallout4 and another way chess.  Its just  a game.

I try not to take MSFS too seriously. Its for fun.  Actually as a cat I dont take anything seriously except when my food bowl is almost empty then its a National Emergency.  SOOOO Dont forget to feed your cats..😺

PS its insane how much monies we all spend in the quest to render pixels better ? right?

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, AmeliaCat said:

The below opinion was originally in response to another post by someone else but I decided to start my own because I didnt want any to think this was directed at them or that I was attacking anyone. DISCLAIMER : I love MSFS 2020  , yes has issues but I still love it,, Ive got over 200 hrs in it so far including a 49 state cross country flight. And I've been a real pilot in real planes in real life. Really ..lol  But not in 1776.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I play MSFS for instant gratification, its a video game. I am not spending anytime thinking about the game vs sim debate or what the health of the MSFS community is what the longevity of the game will be.  After all its only been out for 2 months  TWO MONTHS !!!!!!!  and already I see people arguing about how long its gonna last and what MS and ASOBO should be doing that they are not.

So many experts in the all the forums but apparently MS and Asobo didnt hire any them. All these out of work game developers and programmers and whatevers . Asobo is hiring by the way, go get a job show them how to make video games. OK I went off the rails here a bit not the original thought behind this post.

PIXELS... thats all MSFS is . Arrange them one way you have GTA , another way fallout4 and another way chess.  Its just  a game.

I try not to take MSFS too seriously. Its for fun.  Actually as a cat I dont take anything seriously except when my food bowl is almost empty then its a National Emergency.  SOOOO Dont forget to feed your cats..😺

PS its insane how much monies we all spend in the quest to render pixels better ? right?

Cat's always right! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For 20+ years, I was a rock and ice climber. Not a day I spent doing it would end without at least some bruising, abrasions, cuts and a large jolt of adrenaline. For me it was fun fun fun. Of course, most everyone else I knew (except fellow climbers) did not think it was fun. 

Fun in the fiight sim world for me, involves simulation of all the activities a real world pilot would do. Fuel planning, real world weather, live human ATC, simulated equipment failures, practicing stalls, etc etc. 

When the software does not allow me to do these things either because it does not have the capability or the capability is broken, it is not fun 🙂

It certainly is a big world of varied experiences out there. 

Here's another perspective: don't settle for mediocrity, especially when paying $100+. This product has so many bugs and is so unpolished that it pains me to even attempt to fly. The SDK is such a disappointment and has led to minimal third party addons thus far. It's clear the game was rushed to market by Microsoft knowing it was unfinished and riddled with bugs.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, langly said:

Here's another perspective: don't settle for mediocrity, especially when paying $100+. This product has so many bugs and is so unpolished that it pains me to even attempt to fly. The SDK is such a disappointment and has led to minimal third party addons thus far. It's clear the game was rushed to market by Microsoft knowing it was unfinished and riddled with bugs.

OK counterpoint :  Dont pay 100 when there is a game pass option that allows u to try for 1.00 and dont expect more than mediocrity when past experience with just about every video game ever made says that there will be bugs and issues when first released. You must have a low tolerance for pain , or a low spec pc . Its not that bad.

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, langly said:

Oh trolly troll is back 😄 woohoo. And dont jump on me people, just check his profile and you'll see he is actually a proper troll. And also aparently someone from the gaming industry (lol) and a third party dev (lol x2).

We love you. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Oh trolly troll is back 😄 woohoo. And dont jump on me people, just check his profile and you'll see he is actually a proper troll. And also aparently someone from the gaming industry (lol) and a third party dev (lol x2).

We love you. 

I could tell you about my career in NASA and flying spy planes for the CIA and black ops in 'nam and stuff but then I would have to make you all disappear as .. secret stuff ..  you know.  You would also probably work out in real life I am a  3 star Lieutenant General in the USAF but I categorically deny ever saying that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I could tell you about my career in NASA and flying spy planes for the CIA and black ops in 'nam and stuff but then I would have to make you all disappear as .. secret stuff ..  you know.  You would also probably work out in real life I am a  3 star Lieutenant General in the USAF but I categorically deny ever saying that.

You just said it tho 😄

3 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

hey you must be here to recruit pilots for special black ops stuff... Do you hire cats? I come with enhanced night vision , dont even need googles and I always land feet down.

Laser designated guided weapons are my specialty , I can always find the red dot and follow it. 

• Like 4

I am trying to have fun. Twice today trying to  do a KGCC-KBZN ILS flight. After hitting approach the MFD screen in the TBM freezes and I can't descend with the AP anymore. And yes, I now know how to get them back. The glutten for punishment that I am I load up the Japan Scenic flight but with the TBM and an ILS approach. Everything went fine until just before final turn towards the runway and ran out of fuel. BUT, I am having fun and I am learning. So there is that.

• Like 2

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

1 hour ago, langly said:

it pains me to even attempt to fly

Simple solution, don't fly. Anyways, attempts are not good enough, are you sure you're Prepar3d?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mikeingreen said:

The glutten for punishment that I am I load up the Japan Scenic flight but with the TBM and an ILS approach. Everything went fine until just before final turn towards the runway and ran out of fuel.

Almost did that in real life once in a 172SP.

The PIC had been pushing the speed a bit to make up time and had not taken into account a headwind. We got within about 30 miles of our destination and fuel had dropped below the minimum reserve. We had to land at an unattended aeroclub strip and wait nearly 4 hours till someone came out with a key to unlock the shed where the avgas was stored and pump about 20 gallons out of a 44 gallon drum with a hand pump .

I suppose one of the benefits of a Rotax powered aircraft is they run on mogas so you can just walk to the local gas station and get some premium unleaded in a can if you out 😄 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, langly said:

...unpolished and painful to even attempt to fly???

Well dont then, an keep on flying the soooo realisticly looking and beautiful crafted P3D an XP11... (or why not indeed stay with FSX?) with no bugs and no dissapointment! Good luck!

• Like 4