Sign in to follow this  
Pastaiolo

Working Title CJ4 0.6.0 Released

You're very welcome! Ah, I just noticed a mistake in my post. You will find the settings in options, then GENERAL then camera. But you probably would have found it anyway 😉

• Like 1

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
i9-9900K - EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC2 Ultra Gaming - 32GB DDR4 3200 - EVGA Z390 FTW - Windows 10 Pro

Another issue I've noticed is that when setting the climb speed on the speed tape, and clicking FLC, as I climb up in the altitudes, the speed bug "gets stuck", and I need to manually move it to get it unstuck. It would show ie M.72, but in actuality it is way above that as I climb, and it wont update to the actual value until I move the speed bug. Then it will jump up to the speed it is actually at. 

EDIT: This COULD be the cause of my overstress crash mentioned a couple of posts ago. Maybe my true airpeed was way higher, but the speed bug wasnt showing it. 

Edited by Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Andreas,

This is a known bug. The simulator can't handle the IAS/MACH relationship very well. Hopefully a fix is on the horizon. In the meantime this is my workaround: I use FLC @ 240kts IAS until reaching MACH .64. At that point I change over to VS and adjust to keep it there until at final cruise altitude.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
i9-9900K - EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC2 Ultra Gaming - 32GB DDR4 3200 - EVGA Z390 FTW - Windows 10 Pro

Thanks again, @dihedral 🙂

Another thing, I am flying LNAV to my destination, but the AP is almost 20nm to the right of the track. Granted, there is strong wind, but the wind is actually coming from the right, so I would think it more natural that the airplane should stray to the left?

7R5xB7F.png

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Andreas,

I have seen similar but not to that extent.

Andreas,

I think there is a bug when entering "direct to" that it actually goes into roll mode and you have to hit (or maybe cycle) the NAV button to get it into nav mode.    I see it says "LNAV1" on the PFD but I'm so used to hitting NAV after making FMC leg changes I don't remember if it says that instead of "ROL" when this happens.

I am having a great time with this sim and the CJ4. Much thanks to those who have done such good work on the modification.

I have a question about the altitude settings and hold. For weeks I could dial in the altitude and the plane would either climb or descend to the specified altitude. Didn't have to use vs or Flc. Lately within the last week about half my flights work as just stated and half require use of vs or Flc to change altitude. Since sometimes it works one way and sometimes the other I assume its probably user error maybe in the way I order autopilot functions on takeoff climb. But I've tried a number of different combinations with no luck in finding the setting that bypasses vs and Flc for altitude changes. I appreciate any help on this.

9 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Thanks again, @dihedral 🙂

Another thing, I am flying LNAV to my destination, but the AP is almost 20nm to the right of the track. Granted, there is strong wind, but the wind is actually coming from the right, so I would think it more natural that the airplane should stray to the left?

7R5xB7F.png

Saw this a lot post pre-patch when using the AI to fly

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Hey all, 

Somehow with the 0.6.0 update the FMS stays black on start up. I've deleted and downloaded the workingtitle folder in my common folder and this keeps on coming. It has detected 0.6 because the PFD and MFD changes are there. 

I don't believe there a simple on/off button that i'm missing. It should simply turn on when switching on avionics. 

I am on msfs 1.10.7 (yesterday) and 1.10.8 as of this morning. 

Only other mods is a robin mod and a C152 mod. So i don't suspect those to clash. 

KG,

4 hours ago, bigifooti said:

Hey all, 

Somehow with the 0.6.0 update the FMS stays black on start up. I've deleted and downloaded the workingtitle folder in my common folder and this keeps on coming. It has detected 0.6 because the PFD and MFD changes are there. 

I don't believe there a simple on/off button that i'm missing. It should simply turn on when switching on avionics. 

I am on msfs 1.10.7 (yesterday) and 1.10.8 as of this morning. 

Only other mods is a robin mod and a C152 mod. So i don't suspect those to clash. 

KG,

3 hours ago, Amselfly said:

"FMS stays black on start up" - I have noticed the same problem.

RL

There is a 0.6.1 update for the CJ4 you need...they released it shortly after the new MSFS update last a few days ago.  

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

13 hours ago, jbriley said:

But I've tried a number of different combinations with no luck in finding the setting that bypasses vs and Flc for altitude changes. I appreciate any help on this.

The sim has broken this in either direction a couple of different times with various patches. Unfortunately, the autopilot is not in aircraft code, so we cannot change the behavior.

However, in basically every autopilot system including the CJ4, in real life, when you change your altitude setting, the plane should not move at all. The plane will only start to move towards the selected altitude once you tell it how to do so: by engaging a vertical mode such as FLC or VS.

Edited by MattNischan

23 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Another thing, I am flying LNAV to my destination, but the AP is almost 20nm to the right of the track.

I need to do more testing to confirm this, but I think this is a bug in the Asobo route drawing system. I'm pretty sure it draws all lines as straight lines (rhumb lines) instead of great circle arcs, so the plane is flying a great circle, as it should, but for long legs like this the line is off by the difference between a straight line and a great circle, which can be pretty considerable, especially at specific latitudes and along latitude lines.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MattNischan said:

The sim has broken this in either direction a couple of different times with various patches. Unfortunately, the autopilot is not in aircraft code, so we cannot change the behavior.

However, in basically every autopilot system including the CJ4, in real life, when you change your altitude setting, the plane should not move at all. The plane will only start to move towards the selected altitude once you tell it how to do so: by engaging a vertical mode such as FLC or VS.

Thanks so much, that answers my question.