Sign in to follow this  
Pastaiolo

Working Title CJ4 0.6.0 Released

Can someone help me enable the EHSI?  I swear the initial default aircraft had this but the button presses I used to use just swap between rose and arc with the FMS legs depicted.

Real one - I'm looking for the HSI on the PFD...and not the one with the map and FMS track

50526054067_b53eae26ec_o.pngcj4real by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Sim one - 

50525897251_1731fcae56_o.pngCJ4hsi by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, MattNischan said:

It should be working: put the airway in VIA and then the exit in TO. What's the flight plan you're trying to input?

I'm just trying to do something straightforward like KORF->CCV V1 JFK->KLGA.

4 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Real one - I'm looking for the HSI on the PFD...and not the one with the map and FMS track

Unfortunately, stock and our mod both don't have the HSI for FMS mode, only for NAV1 and NAV2. However, we are working on that function as we speak, probably for next week's update.

In the real plane, ARC and ROSE both do not display the flight plan path, just the HSI needles. PPOS is the same view aspect as ARC, but without the course needles and with the flight plan. So, we should be seeing all those properly modeled coming next.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

Unfortunately, stock and our mod both don't have the HSI for FMS mode, only for NAV1 and NAV2. However, we are working on that function as we speak, probably for next week's update.

In the real plane, ARC and ROSE both do not display the flight plan path, just the HSI needles. PPOS is the same view aspect as ARC, but without the course needles and with the flight plan. So, we should be seeing all those properly modeled coming next.

Is this the same as the "LOC1" mode Premier1 driver uses?   Given the very limited zoom on the Collins it would be really helpful to have this mode to see how close we are tracking the flight plan.

premier1-driver-collins.png

In that pic, he is in ARC on the PFD and PPOS on the MFD, with FMS selected as the source. The LOC1 you see there is just his display preset name (not a thing on the CJ4 version of the ProLine). However, if you switch your source to one of the NAVs and it is an ILS, you'll see LOC1 or LOC2 in the upper left data block.

However, that all being said, it will look like that, yes. 🙂

• Like 1

Fantastic mod guys. Really feels like becoming a great aircraft this way.

I did run into an issue last night on a flight from Pensacola to Key West where twice my computer made an error sound (like a peripheral disconnect) and twice the engines died on me. Fortunately, I could restart them in flight. I realize this sounds a bit weird, but it is what happened. Has anyone seen this kind of behaviour? For me, this was the first time in the sim.

Jack

Fantastic mod - one question in the check list Before Take Off I think it says to press the GA button, where is this?  There is a button in the left of the throttle but it doesn’t do anything, is this modelled?

Thomas Derbyshire

9 hours ago, MattNischan said:

All this makes me just think "hmmm what was Asobo thinking?" When they skipped BASIC programming modes like this.  Actually I wouldn't be surprised if many simmers don't understand that you navigate with an HSI.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

All this makes me just think "hmmm what was Asobo thinking?" When they skipped BASIC programming modes like this. 

To be fair to Asobo, you could put a whole team on each one of these planes for a good year or two and just hit study level. They're all enormously complicated birds.

Asobo has a maximum amount of code share between airplane instruments, so when only one plane needed a certain view and the rest didn't, it looks like they just ran out of time. And you can still totally fly the plane with just the PPOS mode.

That being said, there are plenty of head-scratcher moments inside this code that seems like they made their lives harder than they needed to, so they didn't do themselves any favors.

-Matt

4 hours ago, sidfadc said:

Fantastic mod - one question in the check list Before Take Off I think it says to press the GA button, where is this?  There is a button in the left of the throttle but it doesn’t do anything, is this modelled?

It is not currently modeled. Unfortunately Asobo didn't leave a click hit-box for that button, and so we can't add that functionality until they do.

• Like 1

Anyone else had a random CTD using this mod?  It could be something else entirely but had two crashes now during last 4 flights using the CJ4, my sim has been pretty stable since launch really.

Thomas Derbyshire

10 hours ago, sidfadc said:

Go Around / TOGA button for right thumb. Not modeled unfortunately.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Can't figure out how to change radial for the tuned VOR.  I've set the VOR frequency in Nav 1 on the FMS, changed the NAV source to VOR 1 on the PFD.  Next logical step is to select the radial using the CRS1 knob but turning this doesn't change the radial on the PFD??  What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Hmmm seems I didn't have the right frequency tuned!  Doh schoolboy error 🙂

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

3 hours ago, sidfadc said:

Anyone else had a random CTD using this mod?  It could be something else entirely but had two crashes now during last 4 flights using the CJ4, my sim has been pretty stable since launch really.

I got one today, but not random (my system has been rock solid too).

CTD exactly the moment I clicked to manually insert the missed approach (holding) fix, following the runway (on the LEGS page).

ROUTE: LIRF DCT PEPIX L50 TAGEL Q789 AMANO M742 ROSAS ROSA2M LIRCJ

Approach: ILS Z 20 (KOLOR)

All was loaded nicely, I was 20nm from ROSAS and already on my way down. Just tried to add SALAP (Missed Apch Fix) after RWY20 in case I had to go missed.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          10/25/2020 6:00:05 PM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Ryzen
Description:
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f7c8cf2
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f7c8cf2
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000004eabfc
Faulting process id: 0x4c70
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6ab10e8e509cc
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.9.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.9.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: a68f144f-c830-4a38-97fb-109ddf370e4f
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.9.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-10-25T22:00:05.5808017Z" />
    <EventRecordID>60788</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Ryzen</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>FlightSimulator.exe</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>5f7c8cf2</Data>
    <Data>FlightSimulator.exe</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>5f7c8cf2</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>00000000004eabfc</Data>
    <Data>4c70</Data>
    <Data>01d6ab10e8e509cc</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.9.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.9.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe</Data>
    <Data>a68f144f-c830-4a38-97fb-109ddf370e4f</Data>
    <Data>Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.9.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe</Data>
    <Data>App</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>