Sign in to follow this  
Pastaiolo

Working Title CJ4 0.6.0 Released

extracting the file to community worked better than unpacking elsewhere then moving it over

15 minutes ago, peppy197 said:

I have fspackages/zip/cj4-v0.6.0 maybe the wrong data

Life was so simple before MSFS2020 and CoVID

Not sure what that link is.....

I download this file "workingtitle-cj4-v0.6.0.zip" from here https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/cj4-v0.6.0

Open the ZIP file and you should find a folder called "workingtitle-aircraft-cj4" - simply copy that to your community folder and hey presto

Thomas Derbyshire

41 minutes ago, peppy197 said:

cannot fully install to community as it says filenames too long

I ran into this with the latest liveries megapack but have any of the working title mods.  Maybe your community folder is under longer path than mine.

My solution was to unzip to a short path (D:/downloads) and then move the mod folder to the community folder.

It looks like this is a limitation of the  unzip function built-in to the windows file explorer.

• Upvote 1

wonder why this msfs uses such ridiculously long gibberish names

Edited by peppy197

On 10/27/2020 at 5:33 PM, sidfadc said:

Is there a way to turn off the lights in the cabin???  Doing some night flying recently and noticed they are permanently on.

Yes. On FMS, IDX page two settings there is an option for off/dim/on.

1 hour ago, cwburnett said:

There is another feature and bugfix coming in the next day or so, but in the meantime....

v0.6.1 of the CJ4 with 1.10.7.0 compatibility is out...

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/cj4-v0.6.1

Scroll down to the bottom where it says assets, download the workingtitle-cj4-v0.6.1.zip

Just tested the current version and it flies beautifully! Could not get he YD on with stock version. Yours it pops on and off perfectly.

Without a doubt best flight so far, albeit short hop up and down for an ILS. ATC did not work properly (keeps asking to reset xpdr so I think its not auto-populating?) but the plane flew it on rails. And when A/P off for approach and landing both were greasy.

Kudos to you guys keep it up!

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

1 hour ago, cwburnett said:

There is another feature and bugfix coming in the next day or so, but in the meantime....

v0.6.1 of the CJ4 with 1.10.7.0 compatibility is out...

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/cj4-v0.6.1

Scroll down to the bottom where it says assets, download the workingtitle-cj4-v0.6.1.zip

Don't forget to program the cabin lights to be off upon cold dark startup.  That's the only way to get the flashlight to work at night, all lights have to be off.  I looked in this update and the setting was still 'on' in the FMC.  Great work and thanks for a quick turnaround! 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

3 minutes ago, peppy197 said:

That is a complicated page and no idea where on it the actual download link is

It's at the very bottom of the page, under Assets. There will be a zip labeled CJ4 in it. You want to download that one.

However, grab the zip from the new link that @cwburnett provided above: it is now compatible with the latest MSFS version.

19 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I looked in this update and the setting was still 'on' in the FMC.

This update was solely for MSFS 1.10.7 compatibility, and did not include any new features or fixes.

Another update with new features and fixes was scheduled for tomorrow, but we lost a bit of time integrating the new MSFS version changes, so it may be an extra day. We'll see how it goes.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Don't forget to program the cabin lights to be off upon cold dark startup.  That's the only way to get the flashlight to work at night, all lights have to be off.  I looked in this update and the setting was still 'on' in the FMC.  Great work and thanks for a quick turnaround! 

ALT-L will turn the flashlight on, or bind it to a button if you want. 

• Like 2

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

4 hours ago, MattNischan said:

It's at the very bottom of the page, under Assets. There will be a zip labeled CJ4 in it. You want to download that one.

However, grab the zip from the new link that @cwburnett provided above: it is now compatible with the latest MSFS version.

Thank you I finally got the right one, guess it might not work since I updated to #5 ?

40 minutes ago, peppy197 said:

Thank you I finally got the right one, guess it might not work since I updated to #5 ?

@peppy197 The 0.6.1 was especially released for compatibility with Update #5. So it should work 😉

5 hours ago, Dillon said:

Don't forget to program the cabin lights to be off upon cold dark startup.  That's the only way to get the flashlight to work at night, all lights have to be off. 

@Dillon In our weekend update the cabin lights will be off when master battery is off. So you get a flashlight.
Also the cabin lights setting will persist across flights.

5 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

ATC did not work properly (keeps asking to reset xpdr so I think its not auto-populating?)

@Flyfaster_MTN002 Since 0.6.0 you have to go to the TUNE page and turn on XPDR yourself from Standby to TA/RA. When you use AI Assisted Comms, it should do it for you.

Edited by dga711

I noticed that the title ascribed in the manifest was cj4 and not workingtitle-aircraft-cj4

I thought the parent folder name and the title in the manifest had to be identical, I am learning new stuff all the time with msfs2020 as its so foreign to our expectations from past sims

Edited by peppy197