Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

Boeing B314 Clipper released by PILOT's

It's out Today but now only for registered people (you will see if you will be logged):

https://www.pilots.shop/Cms/Default.aspx

Attention all Flying Boat Aviators! This week marks the long awaited release of our first aircraft product in a long time, our highly anticipated Boeing B314 Clipper will finally take to the skies in Prepar3D v4 and v5 in study level quality! We will at first have an initial closed group release for all registered users of our PILOT'S website. All of our registered users will receive an email with further information from us very shortly. Please ensure that your PILOT'S customer account email is current and do please check your spam folder as well ... All others please stay tuned, we will have more information available for you in the next few days ... In the meantime enjoy the product video below. Take care!

• Like 2

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

I was looking forward to this release.

Though I had the original B314 from Pilots, the CD and it´s serialnumber has been put in the bin for a long time ago.

At some point I also got Pilot´s FSGRW for FSX, but has not used it for years and also got new PC's inbetween, so the installer and serial/registration number als has been deleted.

Though I am registered at Pilot´s site, I never got these products registered, so it seems I have to wait until the B314 will be released for the public.

Good thing is that I then will have plenty of time to read reviews / previews of it and thus might safe myself from putting money into something that is tested not to be what I am looking for.

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

Yeah looking forward to it myself after getting into the OZx Goose Redux recently, never realised a good flying boat was so much fun.

It was a lot of fun installing and flying the Goose, and getting it all functioning for the XML install method plus fixing a few things along the way.

It's great to be flying along and seeing a body of water and deciding  - yeah why not stop over and have a gander.

Cheers R

DBCD7FC91C5518A28BE8A2E918A15FD531BE0521

AEB6839C71D669A9B026758A06C6D25BF9E61498

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

That was quite pricey. I hope it lives the expectations. I bought it and it looks good. One of my questions is, where the clipper was landing? how can we simulate the water runways and boarding platforms?

Edited by ComSimPilot

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Also, was anyone able to start the engines? No matter what I can't start them. 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |

16 minutes ago, ComSimPilot said:

Also, was anyone able to start the engines? No matter what I can't start them. 

Did you read whole manual? Its short cold and dark manual too (as separate download too from PILOT’s website). I’ll install it Today but a lot of learning here.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

12 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Did you read whole manual? Its short cold and dark manual too (as separate download too from PILOT’s website). I’ll install it Today but a lot of learning here.

Yes, however whatever I do they won't start. 

I got them running from C&D using the 2D panels as described in the doc, but never succeeded using the exact same procedure with the VC (and the adhoc views created with Chaseplane).

I wonder what I am missing 😞

Gérard

Edited by gaab

A little bit besides the topic, but I recommend Ken Follet's thriller "Night over Waters"! It's located in the B314 and you can learn a lot about the atmosphere in this amazing plane! 

• Like 2

The first patch is out:

We just (minutes ago) released the first update to your newest acquisition in the hangar or rather "at the jetty".
We cleaned up and eliminated random error messages and also fixed some sound issues.
Please deinstall the current version, redownload and reinstall the new version via your account.
Take care!

Few pictures.

B3GDa1E.jpg

nwXhnVu.jpg

kfspmA6.jpg

mrUBN5h.jpg

Mmb5o63.jpg

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 2

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

1 hour ago, LarsA said:

A little bit besides the topic, but I recommend Ken Follet's thriller "Night over Waters"! It's located in the B314 and you can learn a lot about the atmosphere in this amazing plane! 

I know it. I have read it in the last year holiday. Its a good start to feel this travels on the Clipper :).

41kcE4pwFGL.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

6 hours ago, gaab said:

I got them running from C&D using the 2D panels as described in the doc, but never succeeded using the exact same procedure with the VC (and the adhoc views created with Chaseplane).

I wonder what I am missing 😞

Gérard

But did you found a 2D panel for the fuel pump handle? Can't find that.. I also try using the VC and chaseplane views. 

2 hours ago, ComSimPilot said:

I also try using the VC and chaseplane views. 

I use only VC because I fly in VR only. The Clipper looks gorgeous in VR and on every place. Positions I created with Chaseplane also so we are on the same boat ;)!

I tried to start from cold and dark, without results yet but maybe I did something wrong (used this short version of manual and saved file), so the same, I need more my tests :). I dont use 2D panels also.

Btw.

remember that the model has saved files with running engines too:

8oittPR.jpg

(but I presonally prefer C&D :biggrin: )

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Hello @ll,

a while back I made a freeware app, "Lorby mooring", where you could "drop an anchor" so to speak. The plane would then stay put/swing around as if moored to an anchor or pole. 

Should I update that for P3D V5, is anybody interested? It will stay freeware of course. (the V4 version is still available for download)

Best regards

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

LORBY-SI

For sure Oliver! This model uses something like "parking brake" with additional buoys but there can always be something extra :).

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif