Sign in to follow this  
hvw

Fly By Wire A320NEO

4 hours ago, DAD said:

I did it. First 07:55 hours long haul without CTD! Great flight, quite good autoland. even greater pics, had to post some here. sorry for sharin

Edit: just realize that the livery actually changed. That was the very same flight, evening over UK and morning at Boston. I started with LH livery and landed with default livery. funny

Dont be sorry for sharing that! Looks cool! 

And that livery change is hilarious, what the hell.. 😆

Could the oscillation be related to the winds? Tried 2 flights with the TBM and Caravan, in Holland, with something like 20knts of surface winds. Bith planes were incredibly twitchy, uncontrable, even thru the AP. Its like hundreds of micro bumps, and the planes felt like paper planes. Its very strange, as if something in the aerodynamics was messed up by the last patch. 

Just did an amazing flight from Crete to Athens. Stunning scenery, incredible weather and water textures, smooth landing - a perfect flight. Then, when I was about to stop at the gate the breaks wouldn‘t react. I ran over the poor marshaller and slowly crashed into the terminal building 😅. Never had this before (I used the latest dev version).

• Like 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Shack - that sounds like a 'your end' problem. 

I've got good braking action with the latest Dev build. 

What are your Controllers, etc. Did she brake okay on the taxi out for take off before the flight, etc?

(Good to see you about Shack)

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 3

The oscillation also affects the stock A320 too, so looks like something broke in the core game somewhere with the last patch.

14 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

that sounds like a 'your end' problem

I think you‘re right. Did another flight and everything was okay again. Maybe I just put my foot down too much for a second or the brake sensitivity changed slightly or I was just too stupid. I use a keyboard for the throttle and the brakes, which isn‘t exactly very precise and intuitive.

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

I had the braking issue also on a flight to Lepa at the weekend.  I thought I was gonna join the motorway at one point before I exited the sim. 

18 hours ago, Elvensmith said:

The oscillation also affects the stock A320 too, so looks like something broke in the core game somewhere with the last patch.

Just took of in my modded neo from EDDM to Dubai. Will see and post how it reacts. 

EDIT enroute over Romania at FL320. No CTD

Edited by DAD
  • Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

19 hours ago, Elvensmith said:

My oscillations were caused by my CH Flight Sim Yoke.  The aileron channel on my Yoke has a bit of a flutter and that really affects the A320 autopilot so that it starts serpentining along the flight plan.  I put about a 2% to 3% dead zone on it and it stables out.  Or when I'm not being lazy, I unmount the Flight Sim Yoke and swap it out with my T-Master HOTAS X which doesn't have any aileron flutter.

Some 80nm into Dubai now and paused to watch CNN for other pressing reasons.  Will finish my flight tomorrow. But so far no CTD. Interesting though that a long part at FL320 the modded neo flew straight and later started to wiggle again left/right. So not up/down. Just to comment any oscillation 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Just FYI. Arrived sort of safely without CTD. But tried autoland which dropped my on RWY30 resulting in landing gear damage and thus crash. But better than a CTD

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

28 minutes ago, MelanieTV said:

is the last stable version working now or only the dev-version?

last stable v4.1

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

Last night I started playing with the A320 with FBW mod and admittedly I'm still learning the AP.

On a couple of my test flights, the plane was rolling back and forth quickly - probably 5 degrees to either side every few seconds - it was really bizarre.  It was enough to make me curse trying to click the controls.  I wonder if it's something I did with the AP, a bug, or a controller issue (I got a new Logitech joystick for a side stick).  Ugh.

Edited by Virtual-Chris

IIRC, it is not the FBW mod that is doing that. It's sudden wind shifts or wind speed changes (the changes do not have to be very large). The AP, as it currently is, is not handling them well. If it does not settle down in 5 or 10 seconds, turn off the AP until the plane settles down, then turn it back on. This has worked for me.

...jim

• Like 3

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.