Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Best "Enhanced" airport and area in MSFS?

Title specifically not including the airport to pique your curiosity and dip into the post....

Now that you're here...I have this great deal to make money...I was recently approached by an African Prince who's exiled in this country, with his assets frozen...if you guys can just give him $10,000 and your bank account number, he'll do the rest and repay you $1,000,000 when he gets his bank account open.......really!!!....I saw this same thing reported from many people on the web, so it MUST be true!   Anyone interested please let me know. 🙂

Anyway....I digress...LOL...if you don't already know this famous airport.....Google it please...then fly there.  Stunning!

0nI8CO.jpg

DXGEOr.jpg

sMIoBF.jpg

mlcOvt.jpg

pUupYL.jpg

sCdJcg.jpg

xVJXe0.jpg

Assxpj.jpg

Hoping @cavaricooper and I will spend many early morning hours here.....sipping coffee and talking all things aviation and flightsimming. 🙂

I cannot heap enough gratitude onto @robert young's shoulders for making this Bonanza one of my favorites to fly.....amazing skills to get her so dialed in! 😉

EDIT: Was flying around the area some more.....immersion ruined by MS's need to pop a little advertising in an otherwise beautiful part of the world. 😞   
Still stunning nevertheless.   Maybe someone will create a mod that whacks all these ads out of MSFS.

WI9KwA.jpg

@Mir // Flightbeam, waiting for your Quito....can't wait to see this place with your touch and lack of MS advertising. 😉   Loved the P3D version and flew freighters here whenever I had a chance to fly!

Edited by Steve Dra
one more pic
  • Like 6

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Great shots Steve!  Have to agree with your comments about @robert young's aircraft.  It is by far my favorite as well.  Currently on a Caribbean tour with this beauty.

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Screenshot-20

• Like 4

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

29 minutes ago, DylanC said:

Great shots Steve!  Have to agree with your comments about @robert young's aircraft.  It is by far my favorite as well.  Currently on a Caribbean tour with this beauty.

Oh my!  Lovely set indeed!

If it were not for the spotless appearance of the plane in shot 2....and only if you scrutinized the plane and not the background...you could not separate that from a pic of the real plane.  I love how in MSFS, no matter how close you seem to get to the plane...the details stay sharp!

I mean...really?  This is the "default" in this sim?  Looks terrible...I don't know how all these simmers can stand looking at this while flying their screenshot simulators! 😉 

QxSFR9.jpg

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 7

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

45 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

If it were not for the spotless appearance of the plane in shot 2....and only if you scrutinized the plane and not the background...you could not separate that from a pic of the real plane.  I love how in MSFS, no matter how close you seem to get to the plane...the details stay sharp!

I mean...really?  This is the "default" in this sim?  Looks terrible...I don't know how all these simmers can stand looking at this while flying their screenshot simulators! 😉 

🤩 Stunning shot indeed Steve!

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

I have to agree, and for those of us not brimming with painting talent, the livery outer decals are so easy to change. If there is one thing that stands out about this sim, the aircraft exterior and interior modelling take the prize. For default aircraft, they are extremely well done and a lot more accomplished than some payware from the recent past.

• Like 3

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Nice job Steve, SEQM in Ecuador was a great scenery for Prepar3d from Flightbeam Studios...but much better now with the surrounding area in full photo-scenery.

Darryl

4 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

QxSFR9.jpg

Outstanding screenshot indeed! You can even notice they got it right with the GNS knob integral lighting which comes from 4 lights beneath the ring.

I won't comment about the screen content though because you already know what I'd say! 🤐

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

47 minutes ago, RXP said:

I won't comment about the screen content though because you already know what I'd say!

I do. 😉 I just replied back...I've been sooooo busy, hehe.  More later. 😉

3 hours ago, robert young said:

I have to agree, and for those of us not brimming with painting talent, the livery outer decals are so easy to change. If there is one thing that stands out about this sim, the aircraft exterior and interior modelling take the prize. For default aircraft, they are extremely well done and a lot more accomplished than some payware from the recent past

Agree completely....now let's hope in the future when we get the tools to crack the coconut, we find more inside than the ultrasounds have show us so far what's in there. 🙂  (sorry...not a perfect analogy, but I had German Choc. cake in front of me and coconut jumped out at me. hehe.)

Never have default aircraft looked this good, and I hope we get to eat the whole cake soon. 🙂

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, SP2472 said:

Nice job Steve, SEQM in Ecuador was a great scenery for Prepar3d from Flightbeam Studios...but much better now with the surrounding area in full photo-scenery.

Darryl

Yeah I agree...I hope @Mir // Flightbeam has something up his virtual sleeve....this area is just too scenic not to fly in.  His airport would be the icing on the cake (wait....didn't I just make a "cake" reference in my other post...the cake has been eaten...plate down in the sink...why am I still thinking cake? Hehe)

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

7 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

I cannot heap enough gratitude onto @robert young's shoulders for making this Bonanza one of my favorites to fly.....amazing skills to get her so dialed in!

Excellent pics of Ecuador main airport SEQM. I suggest flying around the mountains from SEQM to the old and dangerous Quito airport, now closed to commercial operations. You'll be flying over the city of Quito.

By the way and sorry to digress, but it's the Bonanza G36 turbo mods fully compatible with the newest MSFS 1.10.8?. Thanks.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Excellent pics of Ecuador main airport SEQM. I suggest flying around the mountains from SEQM to the old and dangerous Quito airport, now closed to commercial operations. You'll be flying over the city of Quito.

By the way and sorry to digress, but it's the Bonanza G36 turbo mods fully compatible with the newest MSFS 1.10.8?. Thanks.

Cheers, Ed

Hehe....define "fully compatible".   Kidding...so far it works fine for me...and I also have the latest working title GPS mod.  I have seen in a few instances a CTD....it is ALWAYS followed by touching the GPS so far (in an appropriate way I assure you, hehe)...then some short sound distortion, a brief pause, then bye bye.

Thinking thru that logic....it may be something in the GPS mod...maybe a bugged dial clicking sound?  Dunno, can't replicate (what's new)...but when it happens...generally its there.  Being more careful (and mindful) of my GPS activities...hope to have a good repeatable bug to report when it happens again.

Anyway...does not deter my passion to fly this awesome bird!

One thing to look out for...totally unrelated to the mods, but "may" randomly happen at patches...my flight model got switched to "Legacy" vs "Modern".   It is not that noticeable in the 172, which I fly alot...unless you go full up elevator.  I 1st noticed it in spades when doing a group flight with @cavaricooper and while his Bonanza lifted gracefully off the elevated runway at Sedona in front of me....I was at full up elevator, turned the tail of the plane into a plow as I plowed a nice grove in the end of the runway then in the dirt...just before a launched off the cliff and slowly descended to the floor of the mesa.  Then I tried the172, found it flew off ok...but anywhere i put the elevator to start a climb...it would do maybe 100fpm...the more I pulled back (at 115 knts), the less she wanted to climb...looking at the physical unit in the back with external view...full deflection...not stalling nor climbing.

Went exploring in the settings...found it. 🙂 

And I will certainly be flying all around Quito Ed....its simply gorgeous.  🙂 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi Steve, thanks for the detailed information, I'll try the Bonanza mod tonight without the G1000 mod and will see.

If you want to try a nice approach within a city, go to SVFM (Francisco de Miranda Airport in the middle of the city of Caracas, Venezuela), and try to land on Runway 11. In fact you can start your flight at Rwy11, turn left within the valley looking to the West and then do the approach to the East, to the same runway. Be cautious with the lots of buildings in the landing path and remember the city is close to 2,600 ft altitude.

Happy landings. Thanks, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

9 hours ago, DylanC said:

What location is that in the above pic?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

47 minutes ago, DJJose said:

What location is that in the above pic?

Antigua inbound to TAPA

• Like 1

Dylan Charles